We work with everyone to advance human rights in business. We track over 5600 companies, and help the vulnerable eradicate abuse.
- US Congress requires OPIC to report on how it is addressing rights abuses in biomass project it supported
- openGlobalRights Blog: Prosecuting corporate complicity in Argentina’s dictatorship
- Nigeria: Environmental Rights Action opposes water privatisation by Lagos State Govt.
- New tool by NGOs & investors benchmarks companies on progress toward safe use of chemicals
- Commentary: UK Business Minister Jo Swinson, on "Benchmarking Business Ethics" in the Huffington Post
Cases & responsesPrevious Next
Sign up for our Weekly Updates
Our free Weekly Updates alert you to the top stories and breaking news about business & human rights by email, highlighting positive initiatives and drawing attention to alleged abuses.
Some of the most critical topics to ensure that companies respect and promote human rights throughout their operations.
Conflict & Peace
Business’ role in fuelling conflict, and contributing to peace
Corporate Legal Accountability
Concise profiles of lawsuits against companies accused of human rights abuses & commentaries
Human rights defenders
Cases and action for human rights defenders at risk
Tools & Guidance
How companies can manage their human rights impacts
Global debate on a proposed UN treaty
UN Guiding Principles
Includes implementation tools & examples, information on UN Working Group
Major sporting events
Human rights and business at the World Cup, Olympics and more
Freedom of Association
Right of workers to organise, advancing all labour rights
Freedom of expression, privacy and the right to protest
Fairness & accountability in companies’ use of oil, gas, coal, minerals, land and water
The links between corporate tax practices and human rights
Business & Children
How companies' actions & policies impact children's rights