Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in France
Accor website: www.accor.com
site web d'Accor (français): www.accor.com/fr
1. Does your company have investments or operations in Myanmar or is it seriously considering investing or operating there? If so, please provide information on the nature of these investments, and which geographic areas and communities they will...
Myanmar: Kerry’s stay at hotel owned by US-blacklisted tycoon highlights difficulty of avoiding companies with ties to military
Author: AP, ABC News
- Related companies: Accor
Author: Michael Fichter (Global Labour University of Germany) & Dimitris Stevis (Colorado State University), Friedrich Ebert Stiftung
Global Union Federations have made significant progress in advancing Global Framework Agreements that create arenas for labor relations based on the Core Labor Standards of the...ILO. These Agreements...are a means of setting minimum standards and...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association USA
- Related companies: Accor Adecco Arcelor Mittal BMW Bosch Daimler Danone EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) FCC Ferrovial Freudenberg G4S GEA Group H&M Hochtief IKEA Impregilo ISS Italcementi Kelly Services Lafarge Leoni ManpowerGroup Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Prym Randstad Rheinmetall Rhodia SCA Securitas Siemens Skanska SKF Sodexo Statoil VolkerWessels
Author: Christine Lagoutte, Le Figaro (France)
Neuf entreprises…vont signer ce jeudi une convention pour l'égalité professionnelle hommes-femmes avec…la ministre du Droit des femmes. Il s'agit d'Axa, Allianz France, Casino, la Caisse des dépôts, Randstad, LVMH, Orangina Schweppes, HSBC et Coca...
Author: Tim Smedley, Financial Times (UK)
Today, quotas governing the representation of women in the boardroom are being held in reserve in case voluntary action proves ineffective. When Lord Davies concluded in his report of 2011 that quotas for women at board level were not necessary, he...
[PDF] Calling for Corporate Accountability: A Guide to the 2011 OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
Author: OECD Watch
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Glencore, POSCO, Shell, Statkraft and Ratiopharm to respond to certain allegations in the guide. Responses provided.] The guide is intended to help you understand how the dispute resolution...
- Related stories: OECD Watch issues "Calling for Corporate Accountability: A Guide to the 2011 OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises".
- Related in-depth areas: “Calling for Corporate Accountability: A Guide to the 2011 OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises”
- Related companies: Accor Afrimex Airbus (part of EADS) Arcelor Mittal BAE Systems BP Cargill Cermaq Continental AG EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) Ecom Agroindustrial Glencore Glencore Xstrata (now Glencore) ICT Cotton Intex Resources Louis Dreyfus Nidera Oryx Natural Resources Otto Stadtlander Posco Ratiopharm (part of Teva Pharmaceutical) Rolls-Royce plc Shell Statkraft Vedanta Resources
Author: Scheherazade Daneshkhu and James Boxell, FT
[In France,] [n]o women currently head any of the CAC 40, the country’s 40 biggest companies...This is despite...a law passed in 2011...which required big companies based in France to fill 20 per cent of board seats with women by 2014, and 40 per cent...
Author: Intl. Union of Food workers
Following two years of investigation into a complaint brought by the IUF on behalf of affiliates in Canada and Bénin, the French government's National Contact Point for the OECD Guidelines on Multinational Enterprises has determined that Accor...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The purpose of this e-bulletin is to help keep everyone working in this field informed about recent key developments and forthcoming initiatives. [includes contributions by UN Committee on the Rights of the Child; UNICEF; UN Global Compact; Save the...