Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in France
Site web d'Alstom (français)
Brazil: Munduruku indigenous leader speaks at UN Human Rights Council about violence & lack of consultation on dams
Author: Bruce Douglas, The Guardian (UK)
- Related stories: Brasil: Indígenas Munduruku e sua luta pelo reconhecimento de seus direitos e demarcação de sua terra
- Related companies: Alstom Consórcio Norte Energia EDF Suez
Author: Sylvain Guyoton, Research Ecovadis, dans Les Echos (France)
« Devoir de vigilance : devons-nous vraiment avoir peur ? », 7 avril 2015...
Author: Alan Tovey, The Telegraph
"Alstom fined $772m in US for 'brazen' and 'astounding' foreign bribery schemes"...
Author: CCFD-Terre Solidaire, Collectif Ethique sur l’Etiquette, Ethique et Investissement, Meeschaert Asset Management, Peuples Solidaires et Sherpa
Interrogées par des organisations de la société civile, en association avec des investisseurs responsables, 30 entreprises ont répondu à un questionnaire sur les principes directeurs des Nations Unies relatifs aux entreprises et aux droits humains...
- Related stories: 30 entreprises du CAC 40 répondent au questionnaire préparé par des ONG sur les Principes directeurs de l’ONU
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières nouvelles
- Related companies: Alstom BNP Paribas Bouygues Capgemini Carrefour Crédit Agricole EDF Jilin City JingWei Steel Manufacture Kering L'Oreal LVMH Michelin Orange Pernod Ricard Publicis Renault Safran Saint-Gobain Sanofi Schneider Electric Société Générale Solvay Technip Coflexip Unibail
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to the 11th issue of the Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin. To assist all those following corporate legal accountability issues, we send this bulletin to highlight key developments, new cases profiled on our site, updates to...
- Related stories: Aerial spraying ban lawsuit (re banana companies in Philippines) Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) AngloGold Ashanti silicosis lawsuit (So. Africa) Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Argor-Heraeus investigation (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin – Issue 11, December 2013 HudBay Minerals lawsuits (re Guatemala) Kaweri Coffee (part of Neumann Gruppe) lawsuit (re forced eviction in Uganda) KBR lawsuit (re human trafficking in Iraq) Koh Kong sugar plantation lawsuits (re Cambodia) Nestlé lawsuit (re Colombia) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) US Deepwater Horizon explosion & oil spill lawsuits Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletins Latest Legal News
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Alstom Amesys (part of Bull) Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Argor-Heraeus BP Bull CACI Chevron Ford Gold Fields Harmony Gold HudBay Minerals IBM Kaweri (part of Neumann Gruppe) KBR L-3 Communications L-3 Titan (part of L-3 Communications) Neumann Gruppe Talisman Tate & Lyle Texaco (part of Chevron) Titan (now L-3 Titan) Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Veolia Transport (part of Veolia Environnement)
[PDF] Businesses across the Middle East must put human rights above the bottom line - New report lifts the lid on the business practices of dozens of companies operating across the Middle East
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Arabic and French versions below] Companies operating across the Middle East must uphold human rights according to a new report by an international human rights organisation. The new report, released today in Arabic, English and French by the...
- Related stories: Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) Businesses across the Middle East must put human rights above the bottom line (press release) KBR lawsuit (re human trafficking in Iraq) Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Africa Israel Ahava Al-Hamad Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Alstom Amesys (part of Bull) Anglo American Aramex AT&T BAE Systems Blue Coat CACI Carrefour Century Miracle Apparel Citigroup Co-operative Group Emirates Group Etisalat Facebook G4S Google Helwan Fertilizers KBR Lebanese Family Club ManpowerGroup Marks & Spencer Mekorot Microsoft Millicom Mondelēz International MTV Lebanon Ooredoo Orascom PepsiCo Qatar Airways Saudi Aramco Sekem Solb Misr Spinneys Suez Steel (part of Solb Misr) TeliaSonera Tesco Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Vodafone Websense Zain
[PDF] The Third Pillar: Access to Judicial Remedies for Human Rights Violations by Transnational Business
Author: Gwynne Skinner, Robert McCorquodale, Olivier De Schutter & Andie Lambe
The Access to Judicial Remedy (A2JR) Project set out to identify and analyze the barriers in the United States, Canada, and Europe…The detailed mapping exercise undertaken in the development of this Report shows that States are generally not...
- Related stories: Abu Ghraib lawsuits against CACI, Titan (now L-3) Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) Anvil Mining lawsuit (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Cambior lawsuit (re Guyana) Cape/Gencor lawsuits (re So. Africa) Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) Daimler lawsuit (re Argentina) DLH lawsuit (re Liberian civil war) Drummond lawsuit (re Colombia) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) HudBay Minerals lawsuits (re Guatemala) Monterrico Metals lawsuit (re Peru) Report analyses barriers to access judicial remedy for victims of human rights abuses by companies & makes recommendations Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) Walmart lawsuit (re gender discrimination in USA) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Judicial remedies Latest Legal News Latest news on UNGPs Reports & materials launched Speeches & presentations
- Related companies: Alstom Amesys (part of Bull) Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) Barrick Gold Bull Cambior Cape PLC Chevron Chiquita Daimler DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Drummond ExxonMobil HudBay Minerals Monterrico Metals (part of Zijin) Shell Talisman Texaco (part of Chevron) Thor Chemicals Unocal (part of Chevron) Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Veolia Transport (part of Veolia Environnement) Walmart Zijin