Headquarters in Luxembourg
[PDF] Workers & minorities bear the brunt of abuse - Business & human rights in Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This briefing provides an update about businesses’ impacts on human rights in Eastern Europe &...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre releases its second Eastern Europe & Central Asia regional briefing
- Related companies: Aeroflot American Apparel Arcelor Mittal BG Group Chevron Daewoo International (part of Posco) Eni ExxonMobil Gazprom GM Uzbekistan (joint venture General Motors & UzAvtosanoat) Indorama Karachaganak Petroleum Operating (KPO) KazMunayGas Lukarco (joint venture Lukoil & Arco) Lukoil Microsoft Nike RUSAL Shell Shurtanneftegaz Tengizchevroil (joint venture Chevron, ExxonMobil, KazMunayGas, LukArco) Trustbank (Uzbekistan) Ukrainian Danube Shipping Company Uralasbest
Author: Ishmael F. Menkor, Daily Observer (Liberia)
A group of Nimba youth...[who are] [c]alling for [the] [r]e-signing and [r]enegotiation of the Arcelor Mittal Mineral Development Agreement (MDA)...with the Government of Liberia...blocked ArcelorMittal’s railroad...There was no damage...to the...
International and local ArcelorMittal volunteers gather in Bosnia and Herzegovina to support inter-ethnic friendships at children’s camp
The ArcelorMittal Foundation has gathered 100 Prijedor elementary school pupils, their teachers, many local ArcelorMittal volunteers and 10 international volunteers, as part of a groundbreaking project to bring together children from different ethnic...
Author: Amnesty International
This book seeks to ground the debate on the human right to remedy in cases of corporate-related abuse in the lived experiences of victims…[It]… focuses on four emblematic cases and exposes how corporate political and financial power intertwined with...
- Related stories: BHP lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Cambior lawsuit (re Guyana) New Amnesty Intl. publication highlights obstacles faced by victims of corporate human rights abuses to access remedies; includes company statements Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Shell lawsuit (re oil pollution in Nigeria) Trafigura lawsuits (re Côte d’Ivoire) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Vedanta Resources lawsuit (re Dongria Kondh in Orissa) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Arcelor Mittal BHP Billiton BP Cambior Dow Chemical Golden Star Resources IamGold Ok Tedi Mining Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Shell Tata Group Trafigura Beheer Union Carbide (part of Dow) Vedanta Resources
Author: L'Humanité (France)
Le groupe sidérurgique a beau s’en défendre, la justice a confirmé la condamnation d’ArcelorMittal pour discrimination syndicale. Dans son usine de la Fos-sur-mer, 5 salariés ont notamment subi des "stagnations dans les coefficients" et vont recevoir...
Author: Mae Azango, Front Page Africa (Liberia)
[C]itizens of...Nimba County...are crying from poverty instead of enjoying...the presence of...Arcelor Mittal... “... It is worrisome because people don’t have their farm land anymore to grow...crops,” [s]ays Emma Yei Konnah...During a recent visit.....
- Related stories: Liberia: Community members relocated for Arcelor Mittal's operations bemoan impoverished circumstances
- Related companies: Arcelor Mittal