Member of UN Global Compact
Aviva website: http://www.aviva.com
[PDF] Evidence of Corporate Disclosure relevant to the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
This research was conducted to inform understanding of how companies currently report on their human rights performance, and how this maps against the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights. The research reviewed corporate disclosure of...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Associated British Foods Aviva Barclays BHP Billiton BMW BP Carrefour Chiquita Citigroup Coca-Cola Ericsson Ford Gap GlaxoSmithKline H&M Henkel Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) L'Oreal McDonald's Merck Microsoft Nestlé Nike Nokia Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) PepsiCo Phillips-Van Heusen Procter & Gamble Randgold Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller Shell Société Générale Starbucks Timberland Total Unilever Vodafone
Author: Oliver Balch, Guardian (UK)
Zelda Bentham, head of environment and climate change [of] Aviva [says the company has been]...carbon neutral since 2006 for [its] operational emissions. "Initially, our projects were focused around things like renewable energy, but over time we've...
- Related companies: Aviva
Author: Pauline Chambost, News Assurances PRO (France)
Comme d’autres entreprises, les sociétés d’assurance cherchent à adopter des procédures de recrutement non discriminatoires. De part leur métier, les assureurs sont en contact direct avec les personnes souffrant de handicap. C’est donc principalement...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The purpose of this e-bulletin is to help keep everyone working in the field of business & children's rights informed about recent key developments and forthcoming initiatives. [Includes contributions in English, French & Spanish from: UN...
- Related stories: PA Child Care lawsuits (re "kids for cash" scandal)
- Related in-depth areas: Home
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories adidas Aviva BHP Billiton Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) Boliden Chevron Daewoo International (part of Posco) GM Uzbekistan (joint venture General Motors & UzAvtosanoat) Google HSBC Indorama Kuoni L'Oreal Microsoft Posco Shurtanneftegaz Telefónica Toys R Us Trustbank (Uzbekistan)
Author: Aviva & CSR Asia
[We] [Aviva] asked CSR Asia to help us put together a report on how businesses within Asia are helping improve vulnerable children’s access to their rights. Despite the truly inspirational work being carried out by our report partners adidas Group,...
Promoting and protecting the rights of children working and/or living on the street: An inclusive roundtable discussion in South East Asia [Singapore, 10-11 Dec]
Author: Aviva, Consortium for Street Children, Office of the UN High Commissioner on Human Rights
OHCHR [through a unique cross-sectoral partnership with Consortium for Street Children (CSC), Aviva and UNICEF] prepared a study on challenges, lessons learnt and best practices in a holistic, child rights and gender-based approach to protect and...
Author: Jim Wright, for GOXI
From 1 October 2013 company directors of UK Companies will have to include human rights issues in their annual reports...This review examines how FTSE 100 companies reported Human Rights in their 2012 Annual Reports...Some companies have provided...
Human rights due diligence has been receiving greater attention from policymakers, businesses and civil society groups since the adoption of the United Nations (UN) Protect, Respect and Remedy Framework in 2008 and its Guiding Principles on Business ...
- Related stories: CIDSE briefing on effective implementation of human rights due diligence by states & companies
- Related in-depth areas: Civil society recommendations to governments Due diligence: General Implementación por parte de gobiernos: ejemplos y herramientas > Recomendaciones de la sociedad civil Latest news on UNGPs Reporting Requiring due diligence by companies Requiring due diligence: Reporting State-based
- Related companies: Aviva Glencore Xstrata Michelin Nestlé Sagittarius Mines Inc (SMI) Socfin
Author: Mabel Wong, CSR Asia
The UN Committee on the Rights of the Child (CRC) released a General Comment...in March this year on State obligations regarding the impact of business. The Comment states that “business can be an essential driver for societies and economies to...
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to the fifth issue of the Quarterly Bulletin on Business & Children, produced by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre. The purpose of this e-bulletin is to help keep everyone working in this field informed about recent key...