Member of UN Global Compact
Aviva website: http://www.aviva.com
Author: Responsible Sourcing Network
¨Group of Investors Urge European Union to Adopt Stronger Conflict Minerals Legislation¨, 21 Oct 2014...
- Related stories: NGOs call on EU to strengthen proposed conflict minerals regulation
- Related in-depth areas: Proposed EU regulation on conflict minerals: commentaries & media coverage
- Related companies: ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) Aviva Boston Common Asset Mgmt. SNS Reaal Trillium Corporation Triodos Bank
97% of stock exchange listed companies fail to disclose full data on sustainability indicators, study says
Author: Jo Confino, Guardian Sustainable Business (UK)
"97% of companies fail to provide data on key sustainability indicators", 13 Oct 2014 ...
- Related companies: Aviva
[PDF] Evidence of Corporate Disclosure relevant to the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
This research was conducted to inform understanding of how companies currently report on their human rights performance, and how this maps against the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights. The research reviewed corporate disclosure of...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Associated British Foods Aviva Barclays BHP Billiton BMW BP Carrefour Chiquita Citigroup Coca-Cola Ericsson Ford Gap GlaxoSmithKline H&M Henkel Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) L'Oreal McDonald's Merck Microsoft Nestlé Nike Nokia Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) PepsiCo Phillips-Van Heusen Procter & Gamble Randgold Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller Shell Société Générale Starbucks Timberland Total Unilever Vodafone
Author: Oliver Balch, Guardian (UK)
Zelda Bentham, head of environment and climate change [of] Aviva [says the company has been]...carbon neutral since 2006 for [its] operational emissions. "Initially, our projects were focused around things like renewable energy, but over time we've...
- Related companies: Aviva
Author: Pauline Chambost, News Assurances PRO (France)
Comme d’autres entreprises, les sociétés d’assurance cherchent à adopter des procédures de recrutement non discriminatoires. De part leur métier, les assureurs sont en contact direct avec les personnes souffrant de handicap. C’est donc principalement...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The purpose of this e-bulletin is to help keep everyone working in the field of business & children's rights informed about recent key developments and forthcoming initiatives. [Includes contributions in English, French & Spanish from: UN...
- Related stories: PA Child Care lawsuits (re "kids for cash" scandal)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories adidas Aviva BHP Billiton Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) Boliden Chevron Daewoo International (part of Posco) GM Uzbekistan (joint venture General Motors & UzAvtosanoat) Google HSBC Indorama Kuoni L'Oreal Microsoft Posco Shurtanneftegaz Telefónica Toys R Us Trustbank (Uzbekistan)
Author: Aviva & CSR Asia
[We] [Aviva] asked CSR Asia to help us put together a report on how businesses within Asia are helping improve vulnerable children’s access to their rights. Despite the truly inspirational work being carried out by our report partners adidas Group,...
Promoting and protecting the rights of children working and/or living on the street: An inclusive roundtable discussion in South East Asia [Singapore, 10-11 Dec]
Author: Aviva, Consortium for Street Children, Office of the UN High Commissioner on Human Rights
OHCHR [through a unique cross-sectoral partnership with Consortium for Street Children (CSC), Aviva and UNICEF] prepared a study on challenges, lessons learnt and best practices in a holistic, child rights and gender-based approach to protect and...