Headquarters in USA
China: Govt. requires Yum! Brands, McDonald's, Dicos, Burger King & Carl's Jr. to publicise supplier information
Author: Wu Yiyao, China Daily
"Fast-food chains must disclose suppliers", 11 Aug 2014...
- Related stories: China: OSI subsidiary Shanghai Husi alleged to have sold out-of-date meat to McDonald's, KFC & Pizza Hut
- Related companies: Burger King Dicos McDonald's YUM!
Author: Julie Jargon, Wall Street JournalMorocco, Japan, India, Belgium, Germany, Brazil, Argentina and New Zealand,
McDonald’s Corp. is gearing up for more action on the part of a fast food workers group that’s been criticizing the company for paying low wages...A McDonald’s spokeswoman...said, “Our focus remains on our valued employees and the career opportunities...
- Related stories: USA: McDonald's facing further protests for better wages, letter from intl. union of food workers calling for company to respect core labour & human rights
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association
- Related companies: Burger King KFC (part of YUM!) McDonald's Wendy's YUM!
Author: Pooja Bhatia, OZY
Wal-Mart joined the Coalition’s Fair Food Program the day this story was published, making it the 12th, and largest, retailer to do so. Given Wal-Mart’s purchasing power and influence over other supermarkets, Reyes-Chavez says, it’s a huge development...
- Related stories: USA: Walmart joins Fair Food Program fighting sexual harassment in farms through code of conduct & external audits
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: Burger King Subway Whole Foods Market
Author: Joel Makower, GreenBiz.com
Today, McDonald’s announces that it will begin purchasing verified sustainable beef in 2016, the first step on a quest to purchase sustainable beef for all of its burgers worldwide...[Getting to this point involved] engaging the global beef industry,...
Author: Karen McVeigh, Guardian (UK)
US workers in the fast-food industry staged a one-day strike in dozens of cities...calling for better wages and the right to unionise...The striking workers are part of a coalition of unions, campaign groups, clergy and community members...They want...
Hundreds of workers at McDonald's and other fast food outlets across New York went on strike...demanding the introduction of a standard wage of US$15/hour, more than twice the US$7.25 minimum wage that many fast food employees earn in New York...Fast...
McDonald's...refused to open a branch in a West Bank Jewish settlement, the company said Thursday, adding a prominent name to an international movement to boycott Israel's settlements...[A s]pokeswoman for McDonald's Israel, said...the chain refused...
Author: Steven Greenhouse, New York Times
Thursday’s strike, sponsored by a labor-community coalition that calls itself Fast Food Forward, seeks to press the city’s fast-food restaurants to pay their employees $15 an hour. Many workers say they can barely get by on the $7.25, $8 or $9 an hour...