Headquarters in USA
USA: Fair Food Coalition urges Ahold, Publix, Wendy's & others to sign pact on tomato farm workers' rights
The Coalition of Immokalee Workers and its allies have long urged companies that source from Florida tomato farms to sign the Fair Food agreement, which gives workers greater protections against forced labour and other abuses, and guarantees them a...
China: Govt. requires Yum! Brands, McDonald's, Dicos, Burger King & Carl's Jr. to publicise supplier information
Author: Wu Yiyao, China Daily
"Fast-food chains must disclose suppliers", 11 Aug 2014...
- Related stories: China: OSI subsidiary Shanghai Husi alleged to have sold out-of-date meat to McDonald's, KFC & Pizza Hut
- Related companies: Burger King Dicos McDonald's YUM!
Author: Julie Jargon, Wall Street Journal
McDonald’s Corp. is gearing up for more action on the part of a fast food workers group that’s been criticizing the company for paying low wages...A McDonald’s spokeswoman...said, “Our focus remains on our valued employees and the career opportunities...
- Related stories: Fast food worker strikes over living wages in US & other countries USA: McDonald's facing further protests for better wages, letter from intl. union of food workers calling for company to respect core labour & human rights
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association
- Related companies: Burger King KFC (part of YUM!) McDonald's Wendy's YUM!
Author: Pooja Bhatia, OZY
Wal-Mart joined the Coalition’s Fair Food Program the day this story was published, making it the 12th, and largest, retailer to do so. Given Wal-Mart’s purchasing power and influence over other supermarkets, Reyes-Chavez says, it’s a huge development...
- Related stories: USA: Fair Food Coalition urges Ahold, Publix, Wendy's & others to sign pact on tomato farm workers' rights USA: Walmart joins Fair Food Program fighting sexual harassment in farms through code of conduct & external audits
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: Burger King Subway Whole Foods Market
Author: Joel Makower, GreenBiz.com
Today, McDonald’s announces that it will begin purchasing verified sustainable beef in 2016, the first step on a quest to purchase sustainable beef for all of its burgers worldwide...[Getting to this point involved] engaging the global beef industry,...
Author: Karen McVeigh, Guardian (UK)
US workers in the fast-food industry staged a one-day strike in dozens of cities...calling for better wages and the right to unionise...The striking workers are part of a coalition of unions, campaign groups, clergy and community members...They want...
Hundreds of workers at McDonald's and other fast food outlets across New York went on strike...demanding the introduction of a standard wage of US$15/hour, more than twice the US$7.25 minimum wage that many fast food employees earn in New York...Fast...