Selected company reports
This is a selection of “good practice” company reports with substantive coverage of human rights issues, recommended to the Resource Centre by a range of experts. The reports are included for their strong references to some or all of the following:
- Practical implementation
- Policies & management systems
- Specific challenges & limitations
- Commitments & targets for future improvement
- Monitoring & verification, involvement of external stakeholders
- Management of human rights & environmental issues in the supply chain
This is not a comprehensive list of good corporate human rights reports. Reports are included in this section without any judgment on the actual human rights performance of each company.
Related stories and components
So. Africa: Study finds that many companies listed on JSE's Sustainability Index flout environmental laws
Author: Alide Dasnois, GroundUp
'Some of SA's top companies are quietly breaking the law', 8 Sep 2015: Some of the top companies on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange are flouting environmental laws and not telling their shareholders, according to a study by the Centre for...
Author: Price Waterhouse Coopers Pvt. Ltd.
SEBI’s regulation in 2012 mandating the top 100 listed companies to report on their performance on the Business Responsibility Guidelines through Business Responsibility Reports (BRRs), along with their Annual Reports...The report sets out to document...
- Related companies: ABB ACC Limited (Associated Cement Companies) Aditya Birla Group Asian Paints Bajaj Auto Bharti Airtel Bosch Cairn Energy Canara Bank Cipla Coal India (CIL) Colgate-Palmolive Cummins Exide GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) GlaxoSmithKline Gujarat Ambuja Cements HDFC Hero Honda Hindalco (part of Aditya Birla Group) Hindustan Unilever ICICI Indian Oil Corporation Infosys Jindal Larsen & Toubro Lupin Mahindra & Mahindra Maruti Suzuki (part of Suzuki) Nestlé NHPC (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation - India) NTPC ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Oracle Ranbaxy Laboratories Reliance ADA Reliance Industries Shree Cement Siemens State Bank of India Suzuki Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Tata Steel (see Tata Iron and Steel) Titan Industries (joint venture Tata Group & Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation) Wipro Yes Bank Zee Zydus Cadila
"Microsoft 2014 Citizenship Report", Oct 2014...
"ICT and Human Rights: An ecosystem approach", 22 May 2014...
- Related stories: Ericsson publishes paper to "provoke constructive dialogue" about ICT and human rights
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: Ericsson
Author: Blue Planet Project, FIVAS, Food & Water Watch, and Public Services International
Nestlé’s new human rights assessment, launched at the UN Forum on Business and Human Rights last week, is full of holes say labour and civil society organizations...Nestlé’s “Creating Shared Value” program is touted in the report as a strategy to...
- Related stories: Nestlé lawsuit (re Colombia) Nestlé publishes report on outcomes & challenges of human rights impact assessments in 7 countries NGOs criticise Nestlé's human rights impact assessment, say it overlooks right to water Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Nestlé
Author: Xstrata Copper
This report provides comprehensive information about the Tampakan Project’s sustainable development (SD) performance during the 2012 calendar year…[The company has] developed this report using the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3 Guidelines and...
This short video presents Nestlé’s approach to Business & Human Rights and the 8-pillar Human Rights Due Diligence Programme that we have implemented throughout our business activities. Detailed information on our achievements against these 8...
- Related stories: Video presents 2012 achievements of Nestlé's human rights due diligence programme
- Related in-depth areas: Food & beverage Short videos & news items
- Related companies: Nestlé
Author: Singapore Telecommunications
- Related companies: Singapore Telecommunications