Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Diageo website: http://www.diageo.com
[PDF] Carving up a continent: How the UK government is facilitating the corporate takeover of African food systems
Author: World Development Movement
The UK...is channelling £600 million of aid money through the G8’s New Alliance for Food Security and Nutrition... [This and other] initiatives claim to support improvements to agriculture and food security in Africa, but...in fact...[help]...
- Related stories: NGO report "Carving up a continent" says aid programmes to Africa help multinationals at expense of small farmers - warns of increased hunger, "land-grabbing", insecure/poorly paid jobs
- Related companies: Bunge Cargill Coca-Cola Diageo DuPont Louis Dreyfus Monsanto Nestlé Rabobank SABMiller Swiss Re Syngenta Vodafone Walmart Yara
Author: Mary Mazzoni, TriplePundit
Climate Counts and the Center for Sustainable Organizations just released what they call the “world’s first” science-based company rankings,...[assessing] the emissions performance of 100 companies from 2005 to 2012 within the context of climate...
- Related stories: Study finds over half of global companies surveyed are emitting "unsustainable" levels of carbon
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Amazon.com Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Anheuser-Busch InBev AstraZeneca Avon Bank of America BASF Baxter International Bayer BMW BP Bristol-Myers Squibb BT Canon Cemex Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive ConAgra Danone Dell Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo Dow Chemical Electrolux Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Ericsson ExxonMobil Ford Fuji Photo Film Gap General Electric General Mills General Motors H&M Halliburton Hasbro Heineken Herman Miller Hess Corporation Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Hyundai Group IBM Intel International Paper Johnson & Johnson Kellogg's Kimberly-Clark Kraft Foods L'Oreal Lexmark Limited Brands Marks & Spencer Marriott Merck Microsoft Molson Coors Nestlé News Corporation Nippon Steel Nokia Novartis Office Depot Panasonic PepsiCo Pfizer Praxair Procter & Gamble Reckitt Benckiser Royal Bank of Scotland SABMiller Samsung Sharp Sherwin-Williams Siemens Sony State Street Target Tesco Toshiba Toyota Unilever United Technologies UPS Verizon Volkswagen Volvo Group Walmart Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool
Author: Human Rights Campaign
This year, an historic 304 major businesses…scored 100 percent on HRC’s Corporate Equality Index and the coveted distinction of “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality.” These companies adopted a full framework of LGBT inclusion in the workplace,...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign releases ranking of “best places to work for LGBT equality”
- Related companies: 3M Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acerinox Aetna AIG Alcatel-Lucent Alcoa Alston & Bird AMC Group American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters American Express Ameriprise Financial Apple Arent Fox Arnold & Porter AT&T Automatic Data Processing Avon AXA Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Best Buy Bingham McCutchen BlackRock Blue Cross BNP Paribas BNY Mellon Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Bristol-Myers Squibb Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Cargill Charles Schwab Chevron Chrysler Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox Coca-Cola Comcast Corning Covington & Burling Credit Suisse Cummins Danaher Darden Restaurants Dechert Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak eBay Ecolab Edison International Electronic Arts EMC Ernst & Young Faegre & Benson Fenwick & West Ford Freddie Mac GameStop Gap Genentech General Electric General Mills General Motors Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher Giorgio Armani GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google Hartford Financial Services Herman Miller Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hyatt IBM Intuit Jenner & Block Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg's KPMG Kraft Foods Land O'Lakes Leo Burnett (part of Publicis) Levi Strauss Lexmark Limited Brands Littler Mendelson Lockheed Martin Marriott Marsh & McLennan MasterCard McDermott Will & Emery McKesson McKinsey Medtronic Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Northern Trust Novartis Office Depot Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning PepsiCo Pfizer Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman PNC Financial Services PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Publicis Qualcomm Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Rockwell Automation Salesforce.com SAP Sears Sempra Energy Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Sprint Nextel Staples Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels Sun Life Financial SunTrust Banks Symantec T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Thomson Reuters Time Warner Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota UBS Unilever Union Bank of California United Continental United Technologies UnitedHealth Group US Bancorp Verizon Viacom Volkswagen Walgreen Walt Disney Wells Fargo Whirlpool White & Case Wyndham Xerox Yahoo!
Author: Nina Chestney, Reuters
Companies increasingly factor extreme weather into their strategic planning and a report from the United Nations...is expected to underscore the heightened risks they face. Extreme temperatures, droughts, and sea level rises will all get worse unless...
- Related stories: UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report expected to help business understand climate change risks
- Related companies: BT Diageo Guinness (part of Diageo) Tesco
Author: Matthew Gitsham (Ashridge Business School), on Economist blog
[T]here is still plenty of sustainability schizophrenia. Education...is one of most powerful ways to change organisations...Build a critical mass of leaders committed to the commercial and societal case for a different approach to doing business, and...
Author: Will Henley, Guardian (UK)
Human rights charities and sustainable businesses are often working towards the same goal, but partnerships between the two remain controversial...A company grappling with...human rights issues and rules partners with an advocacy group, perhaps for...
Ashanti: GGBL commissions 65,000 litre capacity waterhealth centre for residents of Domeabra [Ghana]
Author: Myjoyonline.com (Ghana)
Ghana’s only total beverage business Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd (GGBL) on Wednesday 07 August commissioned a 65,000 litres Waterhealth centre for residents of Domeabra in the Ahafo Ano constituency of the Ashanti region. The GHC 160,000 Centre was...
Author: Jessica Hatcher, in The Guardian
Tanzania is a test case for the new alliance for food security and nutrition, an initiative launched at the G8 last year by US president Barack Obama...[that] champions the private sector to achieve agricultural growth and lift 50 million people out...
This guide is aimed at investors seeking to examine corporate tax policy and practices. Tax is increasingly under the spotlight, intensifying financial, regulatory and reputational risks in this area for companies. Where tax practices are aggressive,...
- Related stories: ActionAid launches new guide for investors on how to seek a responsible approach to corporate tax
- Related in-depth areas: Tax avoidance & human rights - an introduction
- Related companies: Aggreko Barclays Burberry (part of GUS) Cairn Energy Centrica Diageo Enron Experian G4S Glencore (now Glencore Xstrata) Goldman Sachs GUS Imperial Tobacco John Lewis Partnership KPMG Legal & General Marks & Spencer Morrisons PricewaterhouseCoopers Rio Tinto Rolls-Royce plc SABMiller Schroders Smiths Group Starbucks Tyco Vodafone