Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
E.ON website: http://www.eon.com
Author: Jennifer Rankin, Guardian (UK)
The big six energy firms have been exposed to further accusations of profiteering after the industry regulator revealed that profits per customer last year rose by 77%. On the eve of a protest by anti-poverty campaigners against power suppliers, Ofgem...
Author: Owain Thomas, Workplace Savings & Benefits (UK)
Deloitte is joining the Time to Change programme which aims to end the stigma and discrimination against people with experience of mental health problems. The firm joins a wide range of organisations that have already signed-up to the pledge…Time to...
Author: Anna Turrell & Jon Woodhead, DNV Two Tomorrows, on Guardian Sustainable Business blog (UK)
The Tomorrow's Value Rating 2013 (TVR) an annual study conducted by DNV Two Tomorrows, underlines the difficulties of moving from agreement to execution [on business & human rights]. Over half of the assessed companies support the UNGPs, but they...
[PDF] Use of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) in Sustainability Reporting by European Electricity Companies
Author: Tim Steinweg & Joseph Wilde-Ramsing, SOMO
This is the first known study that takes a detailed look at the use of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Framework...We were not prepared for the overwhelming number of discrepancies in company reporting and the GRI Application Level they use.....
Author: Business Council for Sustainable Development in Hungary
We believe that the key to the long-term success of a company is having a CEO and management team who are aware of the concept of sustainable development and are able to interpret it in a complex way in decision making. In putting forward these...
Author: Diarmaid Williams, Power Engineering International
Chile has blocked the construction of a $5bn coal power plant due to environmental reasons. Brazilian billionaire Eike Batista had planned to construct the 2100 MW plant in order to support the country’s copper industry, which has been hampered by...
- Related stories: Chile: Court blocks construction of coal power plant for environmental reasons, says companies can resubmit environmental impact assessment
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: E.ON EBX MPX (part of EBX)
Author: Larry Lohmann, Abya Yala Ediciones
Durante la última década, el comercio de emisiones se ha revelado como la pieza clave de las iniciativas mundiales para luchar contra el cambio climático…[Pero] toda una serie de grandes empresas, organismos financieros, centros académicos, gobiernos,...
- Related companies: Aditya Birla Group Anglo American Arcelor Mittal Bank of America Barclays BNP Paribas Campbell Soup Chevron Deutsche Bank E.ON Energie Baden-Wuerttemberg (EnBW) Enron Fortis General Electric Goldman Sachs Intel Jindal Lafarge Lehman Brothers Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Mondi (part of Anglo American) Rhodia RWE Sasol Shell Sumitomo Group Tata Group Vattenfall
Author: Norges Bank Investment Management
9 companies...received top marks for reporting on social or environmental risks in 2011. More than a third of the companies in the annual evaluation by Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM)...scored zero. “Failure to manage social and environmental...
- Related stories: PVH, H&M, Adidas, Gildan Activewear, Next & Gap receive "top marks" in child labour risk report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
- Related companies: Air France KLM Air Products Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev BASF Bayer BHP Billiton Constellation Energy Danone E.ON Ericsson GlaxoSmithKline Iberdrola Intel Kellogg's Lafarge Linde Merck Molson Coors Motorola Mobility (part of Google) Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E SABMiller Sanofi-Aventis Walt Disney Xcel Energy Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata)
Despite earlier promises, electricity companies continue to withhold important information about the origin of the coal they use. As a result, it is likely that coal imported into the Netherlands comes from mines where abuses of human rights and the...