Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
US federal appeals courts issue conflicting decisions regarding extraterritoriality in Alien Tort lawsuits against CACI & Chiquita
Author: John Bellinger, Lawfare (USA)
"Two New ATS Decisions: Fourth and Eleventh Circuits Split on Whether Claims Against CACI and Chiquita “Touch and Concern” the Territory of the United States", 27 Jul 2014 ...
- Related stories: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Nestlé, Cargill, Archer Daniels Midland lawsuit (re Côte d'Ivoire) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) US appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on companies' liability for extraterritorial impacts in lawsuits against CACI & Chiquita Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland CACI Cargill Chiquita ExxonMobil Ford IBM KBR Nestlé
Coca Cola project leverages company’s distribution network to improve delivery of medical supplies to 10 African countries by 2019
Author: Leon Kaye, Triple Pundit
"Coca-Cola’s Last Mile: From Fizzy Drinks to Medical Supplies", 17 July 2014...
Author: [comment] Mark Lagon, former US anti-human-trafficking ambassador, in Guardian (UK)
It makes good business sense for companies to actively pursue an ethical supply chain. Philanthropy...is not enough...[Many] executives assume that tracing labour conditions in their supply chains is futile and prohibitively costly. Yet if the...
[PDF] Evidence of Corporate Disclosure relevant to the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
This research was conducted to inform understanding of how companies currently report on their human rights performance, and how this maps against the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights. The research reviewed corporate disclosure of...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Associated British Foods Aviva Barclays BHP Billiton BMW BP Carrefour Chiquita Citigroup Coca-Cola Ericsson Ford Gap GlaxoSmithKline H&M Henkel Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) L'Oreal McDonald's Merck Microsoft Nestlé Nike Nokia Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) PepsiCo Phillips-Van Heusen Procter & Gamble Randgold Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller Shell Société Générale Starbucks Timberland Total Unilever Vodafone
Author: Annie Waldman, Job Mouse (USA)
[T]he U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit decided…the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) had created issues sufficient for trial in its disability discrimination lawsuit against the Ford Motor Company…The EEOC sued Ford...
Kiobel Anniversary Surprise: Judge Scheindlin Rules Corporations May Be Held Liable Under ATS, Despite Second Circuit Precedents [USA]
Author: John Bellinger, Lawfare (USA)
…Judge Scheindlin held, in the long-running Apartheid litigation, that corporations may be sued under the Alien Tort Statute. Her decision directly conflicts…with the Second Circuit’s…decision in Kiobel (holding that corporations are not subject to...
Author: Jonathan Stempel, Reuters
Ford Motor Co and IBM Corp will again have to face a U.S. lawsuit claiming they encouraged race-based human rights abuses in apartheid-era South Africa, despite...recent court decisions limiting...such cases... U.S. District Judge Shira Scheindlin in...
Author: Paul Cahalan, Daily Mail (UK)
Motor giant Ford is being sued by former staff in a multi-million pound age discrimination case believed to be one of the biggest private sector claims in British legal history. Lawyers acting for the workers claim older employees were pushed to take...
Author: T E Narasimhan & Gireesh Babu, Business Standard
Employees at Ford India's factory in Maraimalai Nagar near here are agitating against the management's decision to cut employee incentives from 26 per cent to 15 per cent. They said they would decide their next course of action after discussions with...
- Related companies: Ford