Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Author: Michael Kourabas, TriplePundit
"The End of Apartheid Litigation and the Future of Corporate Accountability", 11 Sep 2014...
Author: Marissa Vahlsing, Earth Rights International
"Justice Further Delayed in Apartheid Case", 04 Sep 2014...
Author: Khulumani Support Group
"US District Court Judge Scheindlin dismisses the Apartheid Litigation on grounds that the recent narrowing of the scope of application of the Alien Tort Statute now prevents claims that involve foreign subsidiaries of American corporations", 1 Sep...
"Apartheid corporate lawsuit dismissed", 29 August 2014...
Author: US District Court for the Southern District of New York
This case arises out of allegations that various corporations aided and abetted violations of customary international law committed by the South African apartheid regime. The remaining plaintiffs are members of two putative classes of black South...
Brazil: Govt. commission finds documents suggesting companies aided Brazil military regime; includes company statements
Author: Brian Winter, Reuters
So. Africa: Ahead of U.S.-Africa Summit, General Electric CEO says multinationals have a significant role in employment creation
Author: Tim Schweikert, President of GE South Africa, in Business Report (So. Africa)
"Role of multinational firms in promoting SA skills and job creation" 1 August 2014...
- Related stories: 52 African civil society groups call for investment that protects human rights, at U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit
- Related companies: Anglo American Ford General Electric Microsoft
US appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on companies' liability for extraterritorial impacts in lawsuits against CACI & Chiquita
US federal appeals courts issue conflicting decisions regarding extraterritoriality in Alien Tort lawsuits against CACI & Chiquita
Author: John Bellinger, Lawfare (USA)
"Two New ATS Decisions: Fourth and Eleventh Circuits Split on Whether Claims Against CACI and Chiquita “Touch and Concern” the Territory of the United States", 27 Jul 2014 ...
- Related stories: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Nestlé, Cargill, Archer Daniels Midland lawsuit (re Côte d'Ivoire) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) US appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on companies' liability for extraterritorial impacts in lawsuits against CACI & Chiquita Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland CACI Cargill Chiquita ExxonMobil Ford IBM KBR Nestlé