Headquarters in USA
Report: Digging for Transparency - How U.S. companies are only scratching the surface of conflict minerals reporting
Author: Amnesty Intl. & Global Witness
More than one thousand companies listed on U.S. stock exchanges filed their first Conflict Minerals Reports with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in 2014...These inaugural reports are one outcome of wider efforts to ensure America's...
- Related stories: 80% of US company reports don’t comply with conflict minerals law, Amnesty Intl. & Global Witness report reveals
- Related companies: Apple Boeing Cisco Systems Ernst & Young General Electric Google Helen of Troy HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel Kennametal Microsoft Royal Philips Electronics Tiffany
Author: Cynthia O’Murchu, Financial Times (UK)
The majority of companies that have to file reports to the US financial regulator on their use of minerals mined in the war-torn Democratic Republic of Congo fail to fully comply with the reporting requirements...Global Witness and Amnesty...
Taiwan: Former RCA employees to receive US$18 million compensation for "worst ever work-related health incident" after winning decade-long legal battle
Author: Tax Justice Network
The corporate income tax is one of the most precious of all taxes. Yet it is under attack...As this document explains, it holds your country's whole tax system together. It is one of the best ways to tax capital, and it can powerfully curb.....
- Related stories: New report by Tax Justice Network stresses importance of corporate income tax to finance essential public services
- Related companies: American Electric Power Apache Atmos Energy Boeing CenterPoint Energy CMS Energy Corning Duke Energy FirstEnergy General Electric Google Integrys Energy Group Interpublic Group NiSource Northeast Utilities Paccar PepsiCo PG&E PricewaterhouseCoopers Ryder SABMiller Tenet Healthcare Verizon
USA: 379 businesses & organizations submit statement to US Supreme Court in support of same-sex marriage
Author: Global Business Initiative on Human Rights, UN Global Compact Network China, Institute for Human Rights and Business, Peking University, Tracktwo
"China Responsible Business Forum: Corporate Responsibility in the Era of the UN Guiding Principles", 17 February 2015...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: China Huadian China International Trust and Investment (CITIC) China Minmetals CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Cosco General Electric H&M Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) Huawei Technologies Motorola NEC Nestlé State Grid Corporation of China Vale Volvo Group
[The unofficial Myanmar language translation of this response is available here]...
India’s Compensation for Nuclear Liability and Damages law remain unchanged, risk assessment transferred to commercial opeartors & suppliers
Author: Suhasini Haider, Hindu
Prime Minister Modi and President Obama announced a “breakthrough understanding” that would allow the commercialization of the Indo-US civilian nuclear deal launched in 2005...The breakthrough also signaled a significant diplomatic victory for India’s...
India: Discussions with business leaders at CEO Forum & patent laws among other topics to be discussed during Obama's visit
US President Barack Obama will start a three-day landmark trip to India on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's invitation to build on what he has said will be one of the defining relationships of the 21st century. Obama, who is the first US president to be...