Headquarters in USA
Training programme for factory managers & workers on environmental, economic & social challenges in Bangladesh, China & India
Author: EHS+ Network
“EHS+ Centers”, Sept 2014...
Author: Concepcion Alvarez, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
La délocalisation de l’industrie électronique dans les pays asiatiques pose de nombreux problèmes environnementaux et sociaux. Deux affaires ont récemment remis en cause le droit des industriels à utiliser des produits hautement toxiques. Technicolor ...
Edelman loses executives & clients "by trying to play both sides" of climate debate, says Marc Gunther
Author: Marc Gunther, Guardian (UK)
"Edelman loses executives and clients over climate change stance", 7 July 2015...
Companies investing in Myanmar have moral obligation to take public stand against persecution of Rohingya, says expert
Author: Michael Kourabas for Triple Pundit
"Multinational Businesses and the Plight of the Rohingya", 11 June 2015...
Author: Mark Hodge, Global Business Initiative on Human Rights
On June 1st, Ed Potter, Director of Global Workplace Rights at The Coca-Cola Company retires. In order to mark the occasion of Ed's retirement, a number of business leaders wanted to express their appreciation for his contribution to the agenda and to...
- Related stories: Reactions to the retirement of Ed Potter, Director of Global Workplace Rights at Coca-Cola
- Related in-depth areas: Food & beverage Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: ABB General Electric HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Kimberly-Clark Lenovo Levi Strauss Microsoft Motorola Mobility (part of Lenovo) Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Shell Total Unilever Walt Disney
Report: Digging for Transparency - How U.S. companies are only scratching the surface of conflict minerals reporting
Author: Amnesty Intl. & Global Witness
More than one thousand companies listed on U.S. stock exchanges filed their first Conflict Minerals Reports with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in 2014...These inaugural reports are one outcome of wider efforts to ensure America's...
- Related stories: 80% of US company reports don’t comply with conflict minerals law, Amnesty Intl. & Global Witness report reveals
- Related companies: Apple Boeing Cisco Systems Ernst & Young General Electric Google Helen of Troy HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel Kennametal Microsoft Royal Philips Electronics Tiffany
Author: Cynthia O’Murchu, Financial Times (UK)
The majority of companies that have to file reports to the US financial regulator on their use of minerals mined in the war-torn Democratic Republic of Congo fail to fully comply with the reporting requirements...Global Witness and Amnesty...
Taiwan: Former RCA employees to receive US$18 million compensation for "worst ever work-related health incident" after winning decade-long legal battle
Author: Tax Justice Network
The corporate income tax is one of the most precious of all taxes. Yet it is under attack...As this document explains, it holds your country's whole tax system together. It is one of the best ways to tax capital, and it can powerfully curb.....
- Related stories: New report by Tax Justice Network stresses importance of corporate income tax to finance essential public services
- Related companies: American Electric Power Apache Atmos Energy Boeing CenterPoint Energy CMS Energy Corning Duke Energy FirstEnergy General Electric Google Integrys Energy Group Interpublic Group NiSource Northeast Utilities Paccar PepsiCo PG&E PricewaterhouseCoopers Ryder SABMiller Tenet Healthcare Verizon
USA: 379 businesses & organizations submit statement to US Supreme Court in support of same-sex marriage