Headquarters in USA
Author: Tax Justice Network
The corporate income tax is one of the most precious of all taxes. Yet it is under attack...As this document explains, it holds your country's whole tax system together. It is one of the best ways to tax capital, and it can powerfully curb.....
- Related stories: New report by Tax Justice Network stresses importance of corporate income tax to finance essential public services
- Related companies: American Electric Power Apache Atmos Energy Boeing CenterPoint Energy CMS Energy Corning Duke Energy FirstEnergy General Electric Google Integrys Energy Group Interpublic Group NiSource Northeast Utilities Paccar PepsiCo PG&E PricewaterhouseCoopers Ryder SABMiller Tenet Healthcare Verizon
USA: 379 businesses & organizations submit statement to US Supreme Court in support of same-sex marriage
Author: Global Business Initiative on Human Rights, UN Global Compact Network China, Institute for Human Rights and Business, Peking University, Tracktwo
"China Responsible Business Forum: Corporate Responsibility in the Era of the UN Guiding Principles", 17 February 2015...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: China Huadian China International Trust and Investment (CITIC) China Minmetals CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Cosco General Electric H&M Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) Huawei Technologies Motorola NEC Nestlé State Grid Corporation of China Vale Volvo Group
[The unofficial Myanmar language translation of this response is available here]...
India’s Compensation for Nuclear Liability and Damages law remain unchanged, risk assessment transferred to commercial opeartors & suppliers
Author: Suhasini Haider, Hindu
Prime Minister Modi and President Obama announced a “breakthrough understanding” that would allow the commercialization of the Indo-US civilian nuclear deal launched in 2005...The breakthrough also signaled a significant diplomatic victory for India’s...
India: Discussions with business leaders at CEO Forum & patent laws among other topics to be discussed during Obama's visit
US President Barack Obama will start a three-day landmark trip to India on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's invitation to build on what he has said will be one of the defining relationships of the 21st century. Obama, who is the first US president to be...
Author: Global Business Initiative on Human Rights
"Understanding and Implementing Respect for Human Rights in a Business Context: A Conference for Business Leaders", 6 Nov 2014...
- Related stories: Indonesia: Report on business leader meetings on human rights
- Related companies: adidas APRIL (Asia Pacific Resources International Limited) Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Bank Negara Indonesia BASF Chevron General Electric Google HP (Hewlett-Packard) Motorola Mobility (part of Google) Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Sampoerna Shell Sime Darby Sinar Mas Group Total
Author: Alan Tovey, The Telegraph
"Alstom fined $772m in US for 'brazen' and 'astounding' foreign bribery schemes"...