Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Sweden
H&M (Hennes & Mauritz) website: http://www.hm.com
H&M urged to show leadership on living wage in Cambodia as garment workers demand increase in minimum wage
[Le Centre de Ressources sur les Entreprises et les Droits de l'Homme a invité H&M a répondre aux allégations. La réponse d'H&M est disponible uniquement en anglais.]
- Related stories: Cambodge : Peuples Solidaires appelle H&M à verser un salaire décent aux ouvriers de l’industrie textile ; comprend une réponse de l’entreprise
- This is a response from the following companies: H&M
Author: Prak Chan Thul, Reuters (Irrawaddy Myanmar)
"Cambodia Deploys Troops as Garment Workers Renew Wage Campaign”, 18 September 2014...
Author: International Labour Organization
"ILO and H&M sign unique agreement on sustainable global supply chains in the garment industry", 15 September 2014...
- Related companies: H&M
Ethiopia: H&M and Swedfund initiative to promote responsible textile industry and "lift people out of poverty"
Author: EPR Retail News
"H&M and Swedfund to contribute to the development of responsible Ethiopian textile industry" 4 September 2014...
- Related companies: H&M
During World Water Week, H&M will take part of panel discussions during the seminar Eye on Asia: Water for Everyone - Critical Upstream-Downstream Challenges for South & South-East Asia. We will also arrange a live-chat in cooperation with...
Bangladesh: Matalan chooses not to donate to ILO-backed Rana Plaza compensation fund; says it has funded another scheme
Author: Guardian (UK)
"Matalan fails to contribute to Rana Plaza trust fund as deadline looms", 28 Jul 2014...
- Related in-depth areas: Rana Plaza building collapse, April 2013 The Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - one year on
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods Benetton Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) C&A Debenhams Gap H&M Inditex Loblaw Companies Mango Matalan Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sun Capital Partners Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: Rebecca Smithers & Rowena Mason, Guardian (UK)
Retailers must do more to stamp out human rights abuses by their suppliers after a Guardian investigation found prawns sold in the UK were produced with the help of slaves, ministers are warning...Jenny Willott, the consumer affairs minister, said...
Author: Robert Carmichael, Voice of America
A Cambodian court…convicted 23 garment workers and unionists who were arrested during violent protests in January - and then suspended their sentences and released them…“[I]t is not justice at all for them to get convicted because those people did...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Arrest, detention & prosecution of 23 activists involved in January 2014 protest of garment workers
- Related companies: Gap H&M Puma