Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Sweden
H&M (Hennes & Mauritz) website: http://www.hm.com
Bangladesh: Matalan chooses not to donate to ILO-backed Rana Plaza compensation fund; says it has funded another scheme
Author: Guardian (UK)
"Matalan fails to contribute to Rana Plaza trust fund as deadline looms", 28 Jul 2014...
- Related in-depth areas: Rana Plaza building collapse, April 2013 The Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - one year on
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods Benetton Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) C&A Debenhams Gap H&M Inditex Loblaw Companies Mango Matalan Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sun Capital Partners Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: Rebecca Smithers & Rowena Mason, Guardian (UK)
Retailers must do more to stamp out human rights abuses by their suppliers after a Guardian investigation found prawns sold in the UK were produced with the help of slaves, ministers are warning...Jenny Willott, the consumer affairs minister, said...
Author: Robert Carmichael, Voice of America
A Cambodian court…convicted 23 garment workers and unionists who were arrested during violent protests in January - and then suspended their sentences and released them…“[I]t is not justice at all for them to get convicted because those people did...
Global fashion brands and retailers have told the Cambodian government they are willing to accommodate any agreed minimum wage increase in their future purchasing from the country. IndustriALL Global Union, together with eight international brands,...
Author: Marta Kasztelan, Ruom (Cambodia)
…[W]omen and men employed in Cambodia’s garment manufacturing industry donned the very items they labour to produce as they took part in…[the] “Beautiful Clothes, Ugly Reality” fashion Show...[The] models...carried signs…asking for the retraction of...
[PDF] Evidence of Corporate Disclosure relevant to the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
This research was conducted to inform understanding of how companies currently report on their human rights performance, and how this maps against the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights. The research reviewed corporate disclosure of...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Associated British Foods Aviva Barclays BHP Billiton BMW BP Carrefour Chiquita Citigroup Coca-Cola Ericsson Ford Gap GlaxoSmithKline H&M Henkel Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) L'Oreal McDonald's Merck Microsoft Nestlé Nike Nokia Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) PepsiCo Phillips-Van Heusen Procter & Gamble Randgold Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller Shell Société Générale Starbucks Timberland Total Unilever Vodafone
Author: Bérangère Lepetit, Le Parisien (France)
Il s'agit de la première plainte déposée en Europe à la suite du drame du Rana Plaza et c'est le procureur de la République de Lille qui en sera saisi. Ce matin, les associations Sherpa, Peuples solidaires et le collectif Ethique sur l'étiquette...
- Related stories: Ouverture d’une enquête préliminaire en France après la plainte de 3 ONG contre Auchan pour pratiques commerciales trompeuses
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques
- Related companies: Associated British Foods Auchan Benetton Camaïeu (part of Cinven) Carrefour Cinven H&M Primark (part of Associated British Foods)
Several thousand Bangladeshi garment workers have lost their jobs after their factory was discovered with serious safety problems and shut down… The team of experts ordered the evacuation of…housing clothing firms Softex and Fame Knitting…Softex, a...
Author: Adva Saldinger, Devex Impact (USA)
The private sector can best empower women globally and help tackle key development goals especially as they relate to women through key partnerships, greater collection and sharing of data and increased access to and use of technology. These key...
Author: Sean Teehan, Phnom Penh Post (Cambodia)
After high-level government officials met with major apparel brands and international labour unions…attendees and observers said they felt positive about the government’s sincerity in improving standards for Cambodia’s garment workers. Minimum wage...