Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Spain
Bangladesh: Matalan chooses not to donate to ILO-backed Rana Plaza compensation fund; says it has funded another scheme
Author: Guardian (UK)
"Matalan fails to contribute to Rana Plaza trust fund as deadline looms", 28 Jul 2014...
- Related in-depth areas: Rana Plaza building collapse, April 2013 The Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - one year on
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods Benetton Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) C&A Debenhams Gap H&M Inditex Loblaw Companies Mango Matalan Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sun Capital Partners Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
Trade Union Advisory Committee to the OECD advice on role of OECD & National Contact Points for compensating victims of Rana Plaza building collapse
Author: I. Zeldenrust J. Wilde Ramsing Drew, K, Trade Union Advisory Committee to the OECD and OECD Watch
"Compensating the Victims of Rana Plaza - What Role for the OECD and the National Contact Points?" June 2014...
- Related stories: EU countries call for increased compensation for victims of Rana Plaza building collapse
- Related in-depth areas: Rana Plaza building collapse, April 2013
- Related companies: Auchan Benetton Business and Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) C&A Camaïeu (part of Cinven) Carrefour Children's Place El Corte Inglés Inditex KiK Loblaw Companies Mango Matalan Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PWT
Global fashion brands and retailers have told the Cambodian government they are willing to accommodate any agreed minimum wage increase in their future purchasing from the country. IndustriALL Global Union, together with eight international brands,...
Author: ComunicaRSE (Argentina)
…[L]a filial local de…Zara [parte de Inditex] anunció un proyecto piloto a partir del cual sus prendas contarán con una etiqueta electrónica…que permitirá identificar al proveedor que las confeccionó…[según] el Presidente de Zara Brasil, João Braga...
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
The following brands have yet to publicly commit to the Rana Plaza Donors Trust Fund despite having had links to a factory in the building Adler Modemärkte, Kids for Fashion, Ascena Retail, Manifattura Corona, Auchan, Matalan, Benetton, NKD, Carrefour...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Survivors and families of victims of Rana Plaza building collapse began receiving compensation
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods Auchan Benetton Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) Carrefour Cato Children's Place Corona El Corte Inglés Inditex J.C. Penney KiK Loblaw Companies Mango Matalan Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sun Capital Partners Walmart Zee
…Campaigners…demanding…27 brands linked to…Rana Plaza complex…to contribute…fund run by the International Labour Organisation (ILO)…Primark has already paid $2 million…would pay out the extra $10 million in long-term compensation…- $9 million directly...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Labour rights organizations launch online petition calling on brands to pay compensation before anniversary of Rana Plaza building collapse
- Related companies: Associated British Foods El Corte Inglés Inditex Loblaw Companies Mango Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Zara (part of Inditex)
IndustriALL, UNI Global Union and the Clean Clothes Campaign are today welcoming the launch of the Rana Plaza Arrangement claims process, which will officially commence on the 24th March…calling on brands to contribute to the Rana Plaza Donors Trust...
Author: Jim Yardley, New York Times
Compensating the victims has been an especially complicated issue, involving months of negotiations among clothing companies, labor groups, Bangladesh’s government and Bangladeshi factory owners. Those negotiations produced the Rana Plaza Donors Trust...
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
…Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC) alongside workers and trade unions in Bangladesh and around the world launch a major campaign calling on all clothing brands who source from Bangladesh to immediately pay into the Rana Plaza Donors Trust Fund, which is...