Alien Tort Claims Act (USA)
Related stories and components
Author: Michael Kourabas, TriplePundit
"The End of Apartheid Litigation and the Future of Corporate Accountability", 11 Sep 2014...
Author: Marissa Vahlsing, Earth Rights International
"Justice Further Delayed in Apartheid Case", 04 Sep 2014...
Author: Intellivoire (Côte d'Ivoire)
« Esclavage des enfants: Une cour a rétabli une plainte contre des sociétés opérant en Côte d'Ivoire », 6 septembre 2014...
- Related stories: Nestlé, Cargill, Archer Daniels Midland lawsuit (re Côte d'Ivoire) US court says lawsuit against Nestlé, Cargill, ADM over child slavery in Côte d'Ivoire can proceed
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques Résumé du procès Nestlé, Cargill, Archer Daniels Midland (Côte d'Ivoire)
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland Cargill Nestlé
Author: Khulumani Support Group
"US District Court Judge Scheindlin dismisses the Apartheid Litigation on grounds that the recent narrowing of the scope of application of the Alien Tort Statute now prevents claims that involve foreign subsidiaries of American corporations", 1 Sep...
"Apartheid corporate lawsuit dismissed", 29 August 2014...
Author: US District Court for the Southern District of New York
This case arises out of allegations that various corporations aided and abetted violations of customary international law committed by the South African apartheid regime. The remaining plaintiffs are members of two putative classes of black South...
US Court decision to dismiss lawsuit against Chiquita shows difficulties faced by victims to hold corporations accountable for human rights abuses abroad, says academic
Author: Lauren Carasik, Western New England University School of Law, in Al Jazeera America
Plaintiffs’ counsel in lawsuit against Chiquita criticises US Court decision dismissing claim in press release
Author: Terry Collingsworth
"Press Release: Eleventh Circuit decision in Chiquita Alien Tort Status Litigation", 25 Jul 2014...
- Related stories: Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) US appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on companies' liability for extraterritorial impacts in lawsuits against CACI & Chiquita
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Chiquita
US appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on companies' liability for extraterritorial impacts in lawsuits against CACI & Chiquita