Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
US federal court orders Newmont Mining to provide evidence relating to Peruvian lawsuits over police repression at Newmont’s Conga mine
Author: EarthRights International
"Federal Court Orders Newmont Mining to Turn Over Evidence to Peruvian Wounded in Protest"...
Academic paper argues for a binding treaty on business & human rights, based on case study of Minas Conga Mine in Peru
Author: Cindy S. Woods, Georgetown University Law Center
““It Isn’t a State Problem”: The Minas Conga Mine Controversy and the Need for Binding International Obligations on Corporate Actors” – 5 March 2015...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on proposed binding treaty Statements, initiatives & commentaries
- Related companies: Buenaventura Minas Conga (joint venture Buenaventura & Newmont) Newmont
The Guiding Principles Reporting Framework is a groundbreaking tool to help companies report meaningfully on their human rights performance. Unilever has already been piloting the Framework during its development. Ericsson, H&M, Nestlé and Newmont...
Author: Minera Yanacocha
“Yanacocha reafirmó su propiedad sobre terreno en Tragadero Grande”- 3 de febrero de 2013...
Author: DesInformémonos (México)
– 3 de febrero de 2014...
Author: Menno T. Kamminga, Maastricht University - Faculty of Law
How do companies respond to their critics? Are there significant differences in responsiveness between industrial sectors, between the countries in which companies are based and between the companies themselves? Do responses reflect the belief that...
- Related companies: Aditya Birla Group AngloGold Ashanti Apple Banco Espírito Santo Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Power Investment Endiama (Empresa Nacional de Diamantes de Angola) Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Gap Gazprom Gilead Sciences Goldcorp Golden Star Resources Hindalco (part of Aditya Birla Group) Hon Hai Huawei Technologies Microsoft Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) Newmont ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Shell Total Walmart Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC)
Author: Michelle Harrison, EarthRights International
The Business & Human Rights Resource Center’s (BHRRC) latest Annual Briefing confirms what those of us working for corporate accountability already knew: 2014 was bleak for victims of corporate human rights abuse seeking remedies and...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre launches its third annual briefing on corporate legal accountability Gas flaring lawsuit (re oil companies in Nigeria) Thomson Safaris lawsuit (re Maasai in Tanzania) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Chevron Newmont Thomson Safaris (part of Wineland-Thomson Adventures) Wineland-Thomson Adventures