Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Commentary: US labour law must address companies' responsibility for working conditions at subcontractors, franchises
Author: Amy B. Dean, ABD Ventures, on Al Jazeera
"Why the McDonald’s labor decision is important for workers in the US", 23 Aug 2014...
- Related stories: US National Labor Relations Board rules McDonald's could be held responsible for unfair labour conditions in franchisees' operations
- Related companies: Apple Nike Walmart Walt Disney
China: Nike supplier Qilitian’s relocation plan sparks strike by 300 workers over compensation; company claims demands are being handled
Author: China Labor Watch
“Nike supplier factory’s unpaid social insurance prompts strike”, 21 Jul 2014...
- Related companies: Nike
General Mills is 1st major food company to commit to decrease emissions across operations & supply chain to reduce human impact on climate change
Author: Marc Gunther, Guardian Sustainable Business
“General Mills joins climate change fight and requires pledges from suppliers too” - 28 July 2014 ...
Author: Ama Marston, Marston Consulting
"Women, Business and Human Rights: A background paper for the UN Working Group on Discrimination Against Women in Law and Practice", 7 Mar 2014 ...
Author: Marta Kasztelan, Ruom (Cambodia)
…[W]omen and men employed in Cambodia’s garment manufacturing industry donned the very items they labour to produce as they took part in…[the] “Beautiful Clothes, Ugly Reality” fashion Show...[The] models...carried signs…asking for the retraction of...
[PDF] Evidence of Corporate Disclosure relevant to the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
This research was conducted to inform understanding of how companies currently report on their human rights performance, and how this maps against the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights. The research reviewed corporate disclosure of...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Associated British Foods Aviva Barclays BHP Billiton BMW BP Carrefour Chiquita Citigroup Coca-Cola Ericsson Ford Gap GlaxoSmithKline H&M Henkel Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) L'Oreal McDonald's Merck Microsoft Nestlé Nike Nokia Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) PepsiCo Phillips-Van Heusen Procter & Gamble Randgold Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller Shell Société Générale Starbucks Timberland Total Unilever Vodafone
[PDF] Workers & minorities bear the brunt of abuse - Business & human rights in Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This briefing provides an update about businesses’ impacts on human rights in Eastern Europe &...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre releases its second Eastern Europe & Central Asia regional briefing
- Related companies: Aeroflot American Apparel Arcelor Mittal BG Group Chevron Daewoo International (part of Posco) Eni ExxonMobil Gazprom GM Uzbekistan (joint venture General Motors & UzAvtosanoat) Indorama Karachaganak Petroleum Operating (KPO) KazMunayGas Lukarco (joint venture Lukoil & Arco) Lukoil Microsoft Nike RUSAL Shell Shurtanneftegaz Tengizchevroil (joint venture Chevron, ExxonMobil, KazMunayGas, LukArco) Trustbank (Uzbekistan) Ukrainian Danube Shipping Company Uralasbest
Thousands of workers at a major shoe factory in China, which supplies brands including Nike and Adidas, are striking over social security payments. Workers at the Yue Yuen factory, in the southern industrial hub Dongguan, are demanding better social...
- Related stories: China: 1000s of workers strike at Yue Yuen shoe factory
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association
- Related companies: adidas Nike