Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Denmark
[PDF] Evidence of Corporate Disclosure relevant to the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
This research was conducted to inform understanding of how companies currently report on their human rights performance, and how this maps against the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights. The research reviewed corporate disclosure of...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Associated British Foods Aviva Barclays BHP Billiton BMW BP Carrefour Chiquita Citigroup Coca-Cola Ericsson Ford Gap GlaxoSmithKline H&M Henkel Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) L'Oreal McDonald's Merck Microsoft Nestlé Nike Nokia Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) PepsiCo Phillips-Van Heusen Procter & Gamble Randgold Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller Shell Société Générale Starbucks Timberland Total Unilever Vodafone
Allegations of pharmaceutical group's planned opposition to So. Africa reforms to increase access to medicines - company responses/non-responses
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In January 2014, the Innovative Pharmaceutical Association of South Africa (IPASA) was accused of planning and funding an advocacy campaign on behalf of its member companies. The campaign allegedly sought to oppose South Africa’s efforts to introduce...
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Allergan Amgen AstraZeneca Baxter International Bayer Boehringer Ingelheim Bristol-Myers Squibb Eli Lilly Galderma Johnson & Johnson Merck Merck Sharp & Dohme (part of Merck) Novartis Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Pfizer Roche Sanofi-Aventis Servier Takeda Pharmaceutical
Response by Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group): Allegations of pharmaceutical group's planned opposition to So. Africa reforms to increase access to medicines
- Related in-depth areas: Allegations of pharmaceutical group's planned opposition to So. Africa reforms to increase access to medicines
- This is a response from the following companies: Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group)
- Country: South Africa
[PDF] Speech of Richard Howitt MEP, European Parliament Rapporteur on Corporate Social Responsibility to the Seminar on "Purpose of the Corporation," European Parliament, Brussels, 11 February 2014
Author: Richard Howitt MEP, European Parliament Rapporteur on Corporate Social Responsibility
[On] 11 February 2014 in Brussels, a major conference on "The Purpose of the Corporation" is examining how alternatives to "Maximising Shareholder Value" can be introduced to European corporate governance rules. In his keynote speech to the conference...
Author: Triodos Bank
Tax avoidance by means of aggressive tax planning by companies has been the focus of a major debate recently. In response, international governments have recognized that tax rules need to change…Triodos Bank’s view is that companies have a...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The purpose of this e-bulletin is to help keep everyone working in the field of business & children's rights informed about recent key developments and forthcoming initiatives. [Includes contributions in English, French & Spanish from...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
- Related companies: Apple ask.fm Bing (part of Microsoft) Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) British Airways China Railway Construction China Railway Engineering Danone General Electric General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Glencore Xstrata Google Guardian Media Hershey Hilton Kuoni L'Oreal Lafarge MasterCard Microsoft Misa Mining Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Pfizer Safaricom Telefónica Yahoo!
Author: Chloe Poynton, Manager, Human Rights and Advisory Services, BSR, in Huffington Post
Novo Nordisk, the Danish-owned pharmaceutical company, recognized that promoting women leaders within their company required a results driven work environment that downplayed face time...McKinsey and Company, the global consulting firm, recognized...
Author: GLOBAL CSR for the Danish Business Authority
This report provides an analysis of five Danish frontrunner companies’ Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) approaches and activities. A.P. Moeller Maersk, Carlsberg, DONG Energy, ISS World Services and Novo Nordisk have shared their manifold CSR...
- Related in-depth areas: Europe & Central Asia Europe & Central Asia Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk Carlsberg Breweries Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) Coca-Cola DONG Energy Gap General Electric Hitachi ISS Maersk (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group)
Author: Guardian Sustainable Business
When thinking about the relationship between business and human rights, are there effective mechanisms that can be put in place to safeguard operations? Can effective employee training help integrate human rights into business activities? How can...
Author: Sarah Boseley, Guardian [UK]
Pharmaceutical companies are doing more to help people in developing countries obtain the drugs they need, according to the latest Access to Medicines Index... GlaxoSmithKline...continues to top the league table...Johnson & Johnson and...Sanofi...