Headquarters in USA
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre launches its third annual briefing on corporate legal accountability
"Tribunal EEUU rechaza demanda colombiana por DDHH contra petrolera Occidental", 15 Diciembre del 2014...
- Related stories: US appeals court dismisses lawsuit against Occidental over alleged complicity in killings of 3 Colombian unionists
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias - libertad de asociación Últimas noticias legales
- Related companies: Ecopetrol Occidental Petroleum
US appeals court dismisses lawsuit against Occidental over alleged complicity in human rights abuses in Colombia
Commentary: Pacific Rim’s lawsuit against El Salvador exemplifies imbalance, human rights implications in arbitration disputes
Author: Manuel Pérez-Rocha, Institute for Policy Studies
“When Corporations Sue Governments” – December 4, 2014...
Author: Sif Thorgeirsson, Manager, Corporate Legal Accountability Project, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
‘Closing the courtroom door: where can victims of human rights abuse by business find justice?’, 1 Dec 2014...
- Related stories: Abu Ghraib lawsuits against CACI, Titan (now L-3) Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) Cisco Systems lawsuits (re China) Daimler lawsuit (re Argentina) Drummond lawsuit (re Colombia) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) HudBay Minerals lawsuits (re Guatemala) Nestlé lawsuit (re Colombia) Nevsun lawsuit (re Bisha mine, Eritrea) Occidental lawsuit (re Colombia) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Tahoe Resources lawsuit (re Guatemala) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Blogs & commentaries Latest Legal News
- Related companies: CACI Chiquita Cisco Systems Daimler Drummond ExxonMobil HudBay Minerals Nestlé Nevsun Occidental Petroleum Rio Tinto Shell Tahoe Resources Titan (now L-3 Titan)
Academic explains new limits to human rights litigation after US court dismisses lawsuit against Airscan over alleged complicity in Colombia bomb attack
Author: Roger Alford, Opinio Juris
“The Ninth Circuit’s Muddled Comity Analysis in Mujica”, 21 Nov 2014...
Standard behind US Court dismissal of Alien Tort case against Occidental & AirScan “sufficiently vague for corporations to hide behind”, says journalist
Author: Siddhartha Mahanta, Foreign Policy (USA)
"Suing companies for atrocities has never been harder. Thanks, Supreme Court!", 18 Nov 2014 [Subscription required]...
- Related stories: Cisco Systems lawsuits (re China) Occidental lawsuit (re Colombia) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) US court dismisses Alien Tort case against Occidental & AirScan over alleged complicity in Colombian bombing Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: AirScan Chevron Cisco Systems ExxonMobil Occidental Petroleum Shell Unocal (part of Chevron)