Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Author: Business Quarter
"More women being represented at Board level in FTSE companies", 6 Feb 2015...
Author: Institute of Business Ethics
This Briefing explores corporate taxation and specifically the issue of tax avoidance as a business ethics issue…The term ‘tax avoidance’ is used to refer to legitimate but maybe aggressive use of things such as financial instruments and other...
Author: Simon Goodley, Guardian [UK]
UK parliamentarians are calling for tougher measures against all Marange diamond miners, including naming them on the sanctions list, as well as asking for an investigation into...Old Mutual...that has an indirect investment in the Zimbabwean fields.....
When you pop into your local bank branch, do you know how much the cashier is getting paid? What about the security guard or the cleaner? Together we hold billions of pounds through our bank accounts, ISAs, pensions, and even insurance policies. This...
- Related stories: UK: Backed by investor coalition, JustPay! campaign calls on FTSE 100 companies to adopt a living wage
- Related companies: Aviva AXA BUPA Friends Provident Halifax (part of Lloyds) HBOS (part of Lloyds) HSBC Legal & General Lloyds TSB NatWest (part of Royal Bank of Scotland) Norwich Union (part of Aviva) Old Mutual Prudential plc RSA
Author: Old Mutual
We have come under international pressure to divest our business in Zimbabwe by those who believe that this will be of benefit to the Zimbabwean people. We cannot agree with this notion as we have policyholder and employer obligations to our employees...
- Related stories: Anglo Platinum responds to opposition party's allegations of complicity with Zimbabwe's Govt. Opposition politician Roy Bennett criticises company for allegedly profiting from killings at Marange diamond fields.
- This is a response from the following companies: Old Mutual
- Country: Zimbabwe
Any process of enriching individuals or companies connected to the infamous criminal syndicate that is Zanu (PF) [Zimbabwe African National Union - Patriotic Front] will be nullified once the MDC [Movement for Democratic Change] is in power...minister...
Author: The Zimbabwean
Any process of enriching individuals or companies connected to the infamous criminal syndicate that is Zanu (PF) will be nullified once the MDC is in power, MDC-T minister of agriculture designate, Roy Bennett...[said] in Cape Town yesterday......
- Related stories: Opposition politician Roy Bennett criticises company for allegedly profiting from killings at Marange diamond fields.
- Related in-depth areas: Killings - an introduction Zimbabwe
- Related companies: Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) Impala Platinum New Reclamation Old Mutual Rio Tinto
Author: Corporate Responsibility (CORE) Coalition
The Companies Act has failed to make enviroronmental and social reporting simpler and more effective according to a new report released today by the Corporate Responsibility (CORE) Coalition...[O]f the FTSE100 company accounts reviewed, AstraZeneca,...
- Related stories: CORE Coalition report says UK-listed companies do not adequately report on their social & environmental impacts
- Related in-depth areas: Tools & Guidance
- Related companies: AstraZeneca BAE Systems Balfour Beatty BP British Airways Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Carnival Compass Group F&C Asset Management Friends Provident Hammerson Home Retail Group HSBC Legal & General Old Mutual Petrofac Randgold Reed Elsevier Group Rio Tinto Serco Shire Smith & Nephew Standard Life Thomson Reuters Vodafone