Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Austria
Author: compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
World Water Week was held 1-6 Sep 2013 in Stockholm, Sweden. Events & news related to companies included: [articles citing actions by Coca-Cola, Olam, H&M, Unilever, SABMiller, Borealis (joint venture International Petroleum Investment...
Author: Franco Caparrotti, Tripoli Post
Last week, the employees of OMV, the Austrian energy group...took it to themselves to clean the beach adjacent...the company offices [in Tripoli]...They said...it only needed...the sense of social responsibility to be doing something positive to...
- Related companies: OMV
Author: Standard Life Investments
Foreword by James Featherby...Investors regularly evaluate...a variety of risks that could impact on their investments, including the risks that social and environmental issues pose to secure, stable and safe operations. Human rights issues have been...
- Related stories: Standard Life Investments issues report on implementation of UN Guiding Principles on business & human rights in extractives sector
- Related companies: Anglo American Antofagasta BG Group BHP Billiton BP Cairn Energy Eni OMV Randgold Repsol YPF Rio Tinto Shell Statoil Total Tullow Oil Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata)
Author: Rebecca Martin, The Local [Sweden]
...[T]wo Swedish reporters jailed in Ethiopia were in the country investigating Lundin Petroleum...at the time of their arrest, according to reports in the Swedish media...Martin Schibbye, who has been held in Ethiopian prison with his colleague Johan...
Author: Nathaniel Gronewold, Greenwire blog, on New York Times
A coalition of...investors is demanding oil and gas companies disclose their existing safeguards and plans of action in the event of another offshore rig disaster and possible oil spill like the one experienced by BP PLC and other companies in the...
- Related stories: Investors demand oil & gas companies to disclose safeguards, action plans for offshore rig disasters & spills
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk ACE Group AIG Anadarko Apache Aspen Insurance BG Group BHP Billiton BP Catlin Chevron ConocoPhillips Eni ExxonMobil Hanover Insurance Hess Corporation Husky Energy Lloyd's of London Maersk (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) Marathon Oil Munich Re Murphy Oil Nexen OMV Petrobras Repsol YPF Shell Statoil Suncor Swiss Re Talisman Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Total Travelers Tullow Oil
Author: Business and Human Rights Resource Centre & Realizing Rights
As representatives of over 1000 companies gather this week in New York at the United Nations Global Compact Leaders Summit, Realizing Rights and the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre have published a list of over 270 companies worldwide...
- Related in-depth areas: Tools & Guidance
- Related companies: ABB Abbott Laboratories Aberdeen Asset Management ABN Amro adidas Aegon AGF - Assurances Générales de France (part of Allianz) Akzo Nobel Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcatel-Lucent Alcoa Alliance Boots (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) Allianz Alstom Anglo American ANZ Bank Aramex Arcelor Mittal Areva Arla Foods ArmorGroup (part of G4S) ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) Associated British Foods AstraZeneca Aviva Balfour Beatty Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Barclays Barrick Gold BASF Bayer BBVA BG Group BHP Billiton BMW Boeing Bonnier Group Bouygues BP Brambles British Airways British American Tobacco BT Cable and Wireless Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Carrefour Casino Cemex Centrica Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) Chevron Chiquita Chubu Electric Power Cisco Systems Citigroup Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Codelco Colgate-Palmolive Commerzbank Compass Group ConocoPhillips Continental AG Control Risks Cosmo Oil Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Daimler DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Danone De Beers Dell Deutsche Bahn Deutsche Telekom Diageo DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) EDF EMI Enagás EnCana Endesa (part of Enel) Eni Ericsson Eroski ExxonMobil FCC Ferrovial Ford Fortis Freeport-McMoRan Friends Provident Fuji Photo Film Fujitsu G4S Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) GDF Suez General Electric General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Gold Fields Goodyear Grupo ACS Gucci (part of Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Halliburton HBOS (part of Lloyds) Henkel Hess Corporation Hilton Hitachi Holcim HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Iberdrola IKEA Impala Platinum Imperial Tobacco Indian Oil Corporation ING Intel InterContinental Hotels International Power ISS JFE Johnson Matthey KBC Kimberly-Clark Kinross Gold Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) L'Oreal Lafarge Lagardère Lego Levi Strauss Linde Lloyds TSB Lonmin Lundin Petroleum Man Group Marks & Spencer Marriott Marubeni Mazda McDonald's Merck Microsoft Mitchells & Butlers Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola National Grid NEC Neste Oil Nestlé Newmont Nexen Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes NYK Line O2 (part of Telefónica) Occidental Petroleum OceanaGold OMV Pentland Group PepsiCo Persimmon Petrobras Pfizer Posco PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Premier Oil PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Prudential plc Rabobank Reckitt Benckiser Reebok (part of adidas) Repsol YPF Rexam Ricoh Rio Tinto Rio Tinto Alcan (part of Rio Tinto) Roche Royal Bank of Scotland Royal Caribbean Cruises Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller Sanofi-Aventis Sara Lee Sasol SCA Securitas Seven & i Sharp Shell Siemens Signet Skanska Smiths Group SNS Reaal Société Générale Sodexo Sompo Japan Sony Sprint Nextel Stagecoach Group Standard Chartered Starwood Hotels Statoil Stora Enso Sumitomo Electric Industries (part of Sumitomo Group) Sumitomo Group Sun Microsystems Syngenta Talisman Tata Group Taylor Wimpey Telecom Italia Telefónica TeliaSonera Tesco Timberland Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Tom's of Maine Tomkins Toshiba Total UBS Unilever United Technologies Vale Vattenfall Verizon Vodafone Volvo Group Westpac Weyerhaeuser Whitbread Wolseley WPP Xerox Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata) Yara Yell Group
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
On 8 June 2010 the European Coalition on Oil in Sudan (ECOS) issued a report on the alleged complicity of oil companies in human rights abuses in Sudan from 1997 to 2003. The Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited the main four companies...
Response by OMV: NGOs report on alleged complicity by oil companies in human rights abuses during Sudan's civil war, 1997-2003.
- Related in-depth areas: ECOS report on alleged human rights abuses in Sudan, 1997-2003
- This is a response from the following companies: OMV
Author: Ingo Pies, Alexandra von Winning, Markus Sardison & Katrin Girlich, Chair of Business Ethics, Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg
This study examines, from the perspective of Business Ethics, how the member companies in the Association of the German Petroleum Industry as well as their international parent and sister companies engage for more sustainability, in particular Agip...