Member of UN Global Compact
Defending Hong Kong's Students, 29 Sep 2014...
- Related stories: Democracy protests in Hong Kong - how is business reacting?
- Related companies: Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Ernst & Young KPMG PricewaterhouseCoopers
Government repression of human rights activists: when should business speak out? From Hong Kong streets to the European Games in Azerbaijan
Author: Annabel Short, Program Director, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
...Clearly, companies need to manage their own human rights impacts – through their operations and their value chains. And, when it comes to business’ influence over government, an important dimension is that of “corporate capture” (for example,...
Author: Human Rights Campaign
This year, an historic 304 major businesses…scored 100 percent on HRC’s Corporate Equality Index and the coveted distinction of “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality.” These companies adopted a full framework of LGBT inclusion in the workplace,...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign releases ranking of “best places to work for LGBT equality”
- Related companies: 3M Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acerinox Aetna AIG Alcatel-Lucent Alcoa Alston & Bird AMC Group American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters American Express Ameriprise Financial Apple Arent Fox Arnold & Porter AT&T Automatic Data Processing Avon AXA Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Best Buy Bingham McCutchen BlackRock Blue Cross BNP Paribas BNY Mellon Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Bristol-Myers Squibb Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Cargill Charles Schwab Chevron Chrysler Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox Coca-Cola Comcast Corning Covington & Burling Credit Suisse Cummins Danaher Darden Restaurants Dechert Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak eBay Ecolab Edison International Electronic Arts EMC Ernst & Young Faegre & Benson Fenwick & West Ford Freddie Mac GameStop Gap Genentech General Electric General Mills General Motors Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher Giorgio Armani GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google Hartford Financial Services Herman Miller Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hyatt IBM Intuit Jenner & Block Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg's KPMG Kraft Foods Land O'Lakes Leo Burnett (part of Publicis) Levi Strauss Lexmark Limited Brands Littler Mendelson Lockheed Martin Marriott Marsh & McLennan MasterCard McDermott Will & Emery McKesson McKinsey Medtronic Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Northern Trust Novartis Office Depot Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning PepsiCo Pfizer Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman PNC Financial Services PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Publicis Qualcomm Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Rockwell Automation Salesforce.com SAP Sears Sempra Energy Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Sprint Nextel Staples Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels Sun Life Financial SunTrust Banks Symantec T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Thomson Reuters Time Warner Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota UBS Unilever Union Bank of California United Continental United Technologies UnitedHealth Group US Bancorp Verizon Viacom Volkswagen Walgreen Walt Disney Wells Fargo Whirlpool White & Case Wyndham Xerox Yahoo!
Author: Social Accountability International
SAI Training Manager Stephanie Wilson and Training Assistant Emily Crain spoke with lead trainer Edwin Koster to discuss his perspective on the trainings and implementation of the UNGP in general...[At] seminars on the UNGP [stakeholders had a] number...
[PDF] ITU and Partners join forces to engage millions of young people for BYND 2015: Global Youth Summit [San Jose, Costa Rica, 9-11 Sep]
The Summit in Costa Rica will bring young people from around the world together – both physically and virtually – to participate in a series of workshops, presentations and conversations on how technology can be leveraged for social good and,...
This guide is aimed at investors seeking to examine corporate tax policy and practices. Tax is increasingly under the spotlight, intensifying financial, regulatory and reputational risks in this area for companies. Where tax practices are aggressive,...
- Related stories: ActionAid launches new guide for investors on how to seek a responsible approach to corporate tax
- Related in-depth areas: Tax avoidance
- Related companies: Aggreko Barclays Burberry (part of GUS) Cairn Energy Centrica Diageo Enron Experian G4S Glencore (now Glencore Xstrata) Goldman Sachs GUS Imperial Tobacco John Lewis Partnership KPMG Legal & General Marks & Spencer Morrisons PricewaterhouseCoopers Rio Tinto Rolls-Royce plc SABMiller Schroders Smiths Group Starbucks Tyco Vodafone
Author: Rajeev Syal, Simon Bowers & Patrick Wintour, Guardian [UK]
The so-called "big four" accountancy firms are using knowledge gained from staff seconded to the Treasury to help wealthy clients avoid paying UK taxes, a report by the influential Commons public accounts committee says. Deloitte, Ernst & Young,...
Author: Chen Xin, China Daily
China's top trade union organization will prioritize setting up unions in all overseas-funded businesses that have been operating in the country for more than five years, particularly the world's four-biggest audit firms…Of the roughly 200,000 foreign...
Author: Prem Sikka, Professor of Accounting at Univ. of Essex in Guardian [UK]
The key policy is that from April 2013, potential suppliers to central government for contracts of £2m or more will have to declare whether they indulged in tax avoidance…The policy is high on gimmicks and empty gestures, and short on substance. The...
- Related stories: UK Govt. to exclude companies found guilty of aggressive tax avoidance from bidding for major govt. contracts
- Related in-depth areas: UK corporate tax avoidance - 2012-2013
- Related companies: Barclays BNY Mellon Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Ernst & Young KPMG Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) PricewaterhouseCoopers
Author: David Isenberg, Huffington Post
Academi is about to release a new Code of Conduct, which should go a long way towards assuring people that when it comes to responsible ethical behavior, Academi is putting serious internal oversight where its mouth is...Academi's new code...runs 33...