Related stories and components
[PDF] On the Horizon - A practical bulletin on what is ahead in the field of business & human rights
Author: edited by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre (contributions from other NGOs, business orgs., universities, etc.)
This bulletin is prepared by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre for those working in this field. It presents contributions from a number of experts & organizations, and is designed to keep all of us informed of future initiatives. [This...
- Related in-depth areas: Tools & Guidance
Author: Julie Jargon, Wall Street JournalMorocco, Japan, India, Belgium, Germany, Brazil, Argentina and New Zealand,
McDonald’s Corp. is gearing up for more action on the part of a fast food workers group that’s been criticizing the company for paying low wages...A McDonald’s spokeswoman...said, “Our focus remains on our valued employees and the career opportunities...
- Related stories: USA: McDonald's facing further protests for better wages, letter from intl. union of food workers calling for company to respect core labour & human rights
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association
- Related companies: Burger King KFC (part of YUM!) McDonald's Wendy's YUM!
Author: Centro de Información sobre Empresas y Derechos Humanos (CIEDH)
Dos informes publicados simultáneamente hoy por el Centro de Información sobre Empresas y Derechos Humanos muestran que el respeto empresarial a los derechos humanos continua siendo deficiente en Europa Occidental, Europa del Este y Asia Central. Los...
- Related stories: Informe sobre Europa Occidental: Retos para eliminar los abusos de derechos humanos por parte de las empresas
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Three years after their endorsement [of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights], what are some of the key achievements in the region, and where do companies and governments continue to fall short in protecting against business-related...
- Related stories: Regional briefing on business & human rights in Western Europe: "A challenge to end business-related human rights abuses"
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
On the Horizon - A practical bulletin on what is ahead in the field of business & human rights [PDF]
Author: compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[This issue covers activities from, about, or taking place in Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, China, Cambodia, Colombia, Denmark, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Kenya, Liberia, Myanmar, Malawi, Palestine, Peru, Senegal, Sierra Leone,...
Author: Environmental Justice Organizations, Liabilities and Trade (EJOLT)
[Brussels, Belgium, 19 Mar] The objective of the event is to bring attention to the increasing number of environmental conflicts in the world. More scarcity of resources, more aggressive ways of exploitation and practices like land grabbing are...