Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Süddeutsche Zeitung, Silvia Liebrich
"Schmutzige Deals mit dem Geld von Bill Gates", Süddeutsche Zeitung, 23. März 2015...
Author: Khanya Mncwabe in Mail & Guardian (So. Africa)
'Mining for goodwill reaps profits', 20 Feb 2015: Africa’s top mining…executives met…at the Investing in African Mining Indaba…last week…[J]ust a few kilometres away…hundreds of civil society activists who could not afford the almost $2 000 admission...
Myanmar: Foreign mining companies colluding in serious abuses & illegality in Monywa mine complex, says Amnesty report
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
'Business unusual: Mining in the aftermath of Marikana - the human rights impacts of southern Africa’s extractive sector', Feb 2015: Mining is central to the economies of southern Africa…But there is so much more that this wealth-generating industry...
- Related in-depth areas: Development and poverty - an introduction Free, prior and informed consent Health & safety in the workplace Mining Tax avoidance
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Anhui Foreign Economic Construction Arcelor Mittal Collum Coal Mining De Beers ENRC Glencore Gold Fields Harmony Gold Impala Platinum Konkola Copper Mines (joint venture Vedanta Resources, Zambia Copper Investments & ZCCM Investments) Lonmin New Reclamation Och-Ziff Capital Management Palladino Holdings Rio Tinto Vale Vedanta Resources Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC)
- Related stories: Amnesty Intl. & Share Action call on Greater Manchester Pension Fund to scrutinise human rights records of companies they invest in
- This is a non response from the following companies: Rio Tinto
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre launches its third annual briefing on corporate legal accountability
Author: Anupam Chakravarthy, Down to Earth
The BJP-led Central government has cleared an ordinance to facilitate the auction of minerals, including ores used to produce iron, manganese and aluminium. In a cabinet meeting on Monday, the government approved amendments to the 57-year old Mines...
- Related stories: India: Eased industry regulations may endanger human rights
- Related companies: Rio Tinto Vedanta Resources