Chocolate & cocoa
Related stories and components
Peru: Indigenous peoples, govt. agency ask London Stock Exchange to investigate United Cacao over deforestation & abuses allegations
IPeruvian indigenous peoples submitted a letter and a report by Environmental Investigation Agency on alleged negative impacts by United Cacao’s subsidiary in Peru on human rights and the environment. The national forestry authority in Peru (SERFOR)...
Peru: United Cacao rejects land grabbing and deforestation allegations made by indigenous peoples, NGOs
Author: Phillip Orange, Peru this Week
“United Cacao bites back over illicit activity claims”...
- Related companies: Cacao del Peru Norte (part of United Cacao)
Ferrero pledges to end slavery on farms that supply its cocoa by 2020, ahead of its peers - can it deliver?
Author: Jillian Sequeira, Law Street Media (USA)
"Chocolate Company’s Growth Puts a Spotlight on Child Labor in West Africa", 6 May 2016...
Rainforest Foundation & Ethical Consumer Magazine guide ranks companies with palm oil products based on sustainability
Author: Rainforest Foundation UK
"Palm Oil Guide," Apr 2016...
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) Avon Beiersdorf Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) Boots (now Alliance Boots) Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Co-operative Group Colgate-Palmolive Ecover Estée Lauder Ferrero Green & Black's (part of Cadbury) Greggs Grupo Clarin Iceland (part of the Big Food Group) John Lewis Partnership Johnson & Johnson Kellogg L'Oreal Lavera Lotte E&C Lush Marks & Spencer Mars Mondelēz International Morrisons Nestlé PepsiCo Premier Foods Procter & Gamble PZ Cussons Reckitt Benckiser Revlon Sainsbury SC Johnson Tesco Thorntons Unilever United Biscuits Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart Weleda
Author: La Tribune de Genève (Suisse)
« On votera sur les garde-fous de nos multinationales », 17 avril 2016...
- Related stories: Switzerland: NGO coalition launches Responsible Business Initiative
We have a fully-fledged human rights due diligence programme in place that is aligned with the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. This programme helps us assess and address labour and human rights issues – including those raised in...
- Related stories: Facing Finance report investigates abuses by 20 companies & ties to financial institutions
- This is a response from the following companies: Nestlé
Author: Emilie Iob, Voices of America (USA)
"Ivory Coast Fights Child Labour on Cocoa Plantations", 28 Mar 2016...
Author: Esther Han, Sydney Morning Herald
Women in the cocoa supply chains…are struggling every day with less pay, lack of land and tools, and exclusion from decision-making roles…Mars…Nestle…and Mondelez…was "moving in the right direction", Oxfam says they can do a whole lot more…[S...
- Related stories: Intl. Women's Day 2016: Advances by companies & continuing challenges
- Related companies: Mars Mondelēz International Nestlé