Chocolate & cocoa
Related stories and components
Rainforest Foundation & Ethical Consumer Magazine guide ranks companies with palm oil products based on sustainability
Author: Rainforest Foundation UK
"Palm Oil Guide," Apr 2016...
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) Avon Beiersdorf Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) Boots (now Alliance Boots) Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Co-operative Group Colgate-Palmolive Ecover Estée Lauder Ferrero Green & Black's (part of Cadbury) Greggs Grupo Clarin Iceland (part of the Big Food Group) John Lewis Partnership Johnson & Johnson Kellogg L'Oreal Lavera Lotte E&C Lush Marks & Spencer Mars Mondelēz International Morrisons Nestlé PepsiCo Premier Foods Procter & Gamble PZ Cussons Reckitt Benckiser Revlon Sainsbury SC Johnson Tesco Thorntons Unilever United Biscuits Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart Weleda
Author: La Tribune de Genève (Suisse)
« On votera sur les garde-fous de nos multinationales », 17 avril 2016...
- Related stories: Switzerland: NGO coalition launches Responsible Business Initiative
We have a fully-fledged human rights due diligence programme in place that is aligned with the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. This programme helps us assess and address labour and human rights issues – including those raised in...
- Related stories: Facing Finance report investigates abuses by 20 companies & ties to financial institutions
- This is a response from the following companies: Nestlé
Author: Emilie Iob, Voices of America (USA)
"Ivory Coast Fights Child Labour on Cocoa Plantations", 28 Mar 2016...
Author: Esther Han, Sydney Morning Herald
Women in the cocoa supply chains…are struggling every day with less pay, lack of land and tools, and exclusion from decision-making roles…Mars…Nestle…and Mondelez…was "moving in the right direction", Oxfam says they can do a whole lot more…[S...
- Related stories: Intl. Women's Day 2016: Advances by companies & continuing challenges
- Related companies: Mars Mondelēz International Nestlé
Author: Erik Larson, BloombergBusiness (USA)
"Slave-Labor Loophole Closed by U.S. Senate After 8 Decades", 11 Feb. 2016...
Author: Emma Howard, Guardian (UK)
"Critics fear RSPO's stricter palm oil standards will create two-tier system", 9 Feb 2016...
Author: Rachel Tansey, Open Democracy UK
"Looking back at the corporate circus inside COP21", 12 Jan 2016...
- Related stories: Civil society & business reactions to Paris climate agreement
- Related companies: BMW BNP Paribas BP Caterpillar Chevron ConocoPhillips Dow Chemical EDF Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) ExxonMobil Ford LafargeHolcim McDonald's Monsanto Nestlé Pfizer Shell Statoil Total Vattenfall Volkswagen