Chocolate & cocoa
Related stories and components
US appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on companies' liability for extraterritorial impacts in lawsuits against CACI & Chiquita
US federal appeals courts issue conflicting decisions regarding extraterritoriality in Alien Tort lawsuits against CACI & Chiquita
Author: John Bellinger, Lawfare (USA)
"Two New ATS Decisions: Fourth and Eleventh Circuits Split on Whether Claims Against CACI and Chiquita “Touch and Concern” the Territory of the United States", 27 Jul 2014 ...
- Related stories: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Nestlé, Cargill, Archer Daniels Midland lawsuit (re Côte d'Ivoire) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) US appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on companies' liability for extraterritorial impacts in lawsuits against CACI & Chiquita Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland CACI Cargill Chiquita ExxonMobil Ford IBM KBR Nestlé
Author: Ama Marston, Marston Consulting
"Women, Business and Human Rights: A background paper for the UN Working Group on Discrimination Against Women in Law and Practice", 7 Mar 2014 ...
"New civil rights museum also explores human rights", 18 Jun 2014...
- Related stories: USA: Center for Civil & Human Rights opens
Blommer Chocolate Company Joins World Cocoa Foundation's Unprecedented CocoaAction Initiative to Bolster Industry's Global Sustainability Efforts
Author: Blommer Chocolate Company
Blommer Chocolate Company, the largest cocoa processor and ingredient chocolate supplier in North America, today announced its support of CocoaAction, an unprecedented alignment of the industry’s largest cocoa and chocolate companies to build a...
- Related companies: Blommer Chocolate
Author: Bilan (Suisse)
...Barry Callebaut révèle sa stratégie pour contrer la pénurie: privilégier l'agriculture durable et renoncer aux fèves génétiquement modifiées...Pour [l'entreprise]...qui fournit aussi bien Nestlé que Mondelez ou Mars, la question est cruciale...« .....
Author: Chris Jochnick, Oxfam America
This week at the UN Committee on World Food Security (CFS), Coca Cola publicly declared that “land grabs” are unacceptable and urged governments to strengthen land rights...[U]ntil very recently, Coca-Cola was in denial about land conflicts...A little...
Author: UN Working Group on business & human rights
[T]wo members of the Working Group on the issue of human rights and transnational corporations and other business enterprises undertook an official visit to Ghana from 8 to 17 July 2013...During their visit, the experts found that the fast pace of...
- Related stories: Report by UN Working Group on business & human rights to UN Human Rights Council
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs Latest news on UNWG
Author: Associated Press
The UN Security Council has voted unanimously to lift a ban on importing rough diamonds from Ivory Coast...UN experts have said that hundreds of millions of dollars have been lost from smuggling and illegal dealings in...[cocoa, cashews,] timber, oil,...
[PDF] Carving up a continent: How the UK government is facilitating the corporate takeover of African food systems
Author: World Development Movement
The UK...is channelling £600 million of aid money through the G8’s New Alliance for Food Security and Nutrition... [This and other] initiatives claim to support improvements to agriculture and food security in Africa, but...in fact...[help]...
- Related stories: NGO report "Carving up a continent" says aid programmes to Africa help multinationals at expense of small farmers - warns of increased hunger, "land-grabbing", insecure/poorly paid jobs
- Related companies: Bunge Cargill Coca-Cola Diageo DuPont Louis Dreyfus Monsanto Nestlé Rabobank SABMiller Swiss Re Syngenta Vodafone Walmart Yara