Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in China
Author: Kalyan Kumar, International Business Times
Canada’s British Columbia has bagged its first energy project in export liquefied natural gas and paved way for Canada's efforts to hardsell its natural gas resources in key Asian markets. The ambitious Pacific North West LNG project, will be led by...
- Related stories: Canada: Petronas-led "Pacific North West LNG project" - impacts on indigenous rights, environment
- Related companies: Indian Oil Corporation Sinopec
Author: EITI International Secretariat
Chinese companies operating in the 48 EITI implementing countries are…required to disclose information in accordance with the EITI Standard. This includes information about how much they pay to the governments…it also includes oil and mining...
- Related stories: Report finds Chinese companies willing to disclose financial information (e.g. payments to govts) according to EITI Standard
- Related in-depth areas: African region Chinese firms' impacts abroad Extractives, including oil and mines Latin American region Other issues Other regions Southeast Asia
- Related companies: China Metallurgical (MCC) China Minmetals China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Nonferrous Metal Mining China Railway Construction CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) PetroChina Sinochem Sinopec Zijin
Sudan: Interview with Luke Patey on how Chinese & Indian oil companies are learning to behave more responsibly in the region after civil war
Author: Beth Walker, chinadialogue
Sudan’s civil war and American sanctions against Khartoum in the 1990s opened the oilfields to China and India...But the political turmoil and bloodshed over the division of Africa’s largest country… Indian and Chinese large multinational corporations...
- Related stories: Sudan: Interview with Luke Patey on how Chinese & Indian oil companies are learning to behave more responsibly in the region after civil war
- Related in-depth areas: African region Chinese Firms' Impacts Abroad Environmental issues Natural Resources
- Related companies: China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Sinopec
Report: "Going out, but going green?" Assessing the Implementation of China's Green Credit Guidelines overseas
Author: Friends of Earth & BankTrack
This study presents seven case studies of Chinese bank financing for overseas investments: China Development Bank’s financing of the Stanari coal project in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Golden Veroleum palm oil plantation in Liberia and APP in...
- Related stories: "Going Out, But Going Green? Assessing the Implementation of China's Green Credit Guidelines overseas"
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese Investment Overseas
- Related companies: Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Bank of China China Construction Bank China Development Bank China Merchants Bank China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Railway Construction Dongfang Electric Petroecuador Sinar Mas Group Sinohydro Sinopec Tongling Nonferrous Metals
Frontline discussion with Christine Bader & Arvind Ganesan on the obligations and costs of doing business in a global context
Author: Sarah Childress and Lu Olkowski, Frontline
'Podcast: what's the moral cost of doing business today?', 19 Nov 2014:...In recent years, we’ve seen a great shift in the business world towards corporate social responsibility. But what does that really mean?...How responsible should companies be...