Member of UN Global Compact
Frontline discussion with Christine Bader & Arvind Ganesan on the obligations and costs of doing business in a global context
Author: Sarah Childress and Lu Olkowski, Frontline
'Podcast: what's the moral cost of doing business today?', 19 Nov 2014:...In recent years, we’ve seen a great shift in the business world towards corporate social responsibility. But what does that really mean?...How responsible should companies be...
Author: Benjamin Haas, Bloomberg
Construction of a paraxylene, or PX, plant in Maoming city will not go ahead if a majority of residents oppose it, the official Xinhua News Agency reported…citing a city official…More than 1,000 residents protested…in opposition to the plant being...
- Related stories: China: Govt. may halt Sinopec's plan to build chemical plant in Maoming after protests over health concerns
- Related companies: Sinopec
Author: Zhu Ningzhu, Xinhua (China)
At least 22 people were killed after a leaking pipeline caught fire and exploded…in…Qingdao…local authorities said…The accident happened around 10:30 a.m. in Huangdao District when workers were repairing the petroleum pipeline, which began leaking oil...
- Related stories: China: Sinopec petroleum pipeline explodes after leaking, killing at least 22
- Related companies: SINA Sinopec
[PDF] Briefing note - Africa Oil Week 2013: Oil & gas industry must improve its respect for human rights
Author: Aliou Diouf, Joseph Kibugu, Nokukhanya Mncwabe, Julia Mello Neiva, Gregory Regaignon - Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The oil & gas industry has a vital role to play in Africa’s development. But too often exploration and extraction are linked to human rights abuses against local residents, oil & gas revenues prop up repressive governments, and the promise of...
- Related stories: Briefing note: "Africa Oil Week 2013: Oil & gas industry must improve its respect for human rights" Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Shell lawsuit (re oil pollution in Nigeria) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Addax Petroleum (part of Sinopec) AGIP (part of Eni) Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Control Risks Eni Erinys International ExxonMobil Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company (GNPOC) Marathon Oil Petronas Shell Sinopec Sudapet Talisman Tullow Oil
Author: Folha de São Paulo Online
O leilão do pré-sal foi vencido por um superconsórcio liderado por Petrobras (10%, mais os 30% obrigatórios), Shell (20%), Total (20%) e as chinesas CNPC e CNOOC (10% cada)...Em contraponto à tranquilidade e à rapidez do leilão, do lado de fora do...
- Related stories: Brazil: Protestors contest Brazil’s privatisation of the Libra oil field; police responds with violence
- Related companies: Repsol Sinopec
Author: Fanny Rey, Jeune Afrique
...il s'agit désormais, via la responsabilité sociétale des entreprises...de donner un cadre aux diverses actions citoyennes de la firme, que ce soit en matière de droits de l'homme, de lutte contre la corruption, de conditions de travail ou de...
Author: Edvard Pettersson, Bloomberg
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. was sued for $5.17 billion by a Hong Kong businessman…Tiangang Sun, the former chairman of GeoMaxima Energy Holdings Ltd., accused Sinopec, as China Petroleum is more commonly known, of violations of the Alien Tort...
- Related stories: Chinese businessman files Alien Tort lawsuit in US federal court against Sinopec alleging human rights abuses
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Sinopec