Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in China
Ecuador: Sápara indigenous say Andes Petroleum oil contracts threaten their livelihoods, culture, territory
Author: Isabel Riofrio, Mongabay.com
“Oil extraction threatens to expand further into Ecuadorean rainforest under new 20-year contract” 3 February 2016...
With external research provided by Sustainalytics, Wespath identified 39 companies for exclusion from its portfolios under its Human Rights Guideline.
Author: Xie Haitao, Caixin (China)
"Factory Workers Hurt in 2014 Blast Protest over Payout Plan", 17 Dec 2015...
- Related stories: China: Explosion at Zhongrong Metal Production plant in Kunshan kills at least 70
- Related companies: Sinopec
Author: Diálogo Chino
“Tribunal ambiental cuestiona proyectos respaldados por China”...
Author: Kalyan Kumar, International Business Times
Canada’s British Columbia has bagged its first energy project in export liquefied natural gas and paved way for Canada's efforts to hardsell its natural gas resources in key Asian markets. The ambitious Pacific North West LNG project, will be led by...
- Related stories: Canada: Petronas-led "Pacific North West LNG project" - impacts on indigenous rights, environment
- Related companies: Indian Oil Corporation Sinopec
Author: EITI International Secretariat
Chinese companies operating in the 48 EITI implementing countries are…required to disclose information in accordance with the EITI Standard. This includes information about how much they pay to the governments…it also includes oil and mining...
- Related stories: Report finds Chinese companies willing to disclose financial information (e.g. payments to govts) according to EITI Standard
- Related in-depth areas: African region Chinese firms' impacts abroad Extractives, including oil and mines Latin American region Other issues Other regions Southeast Asia
- Related companies: China Metallurgical (MCC) China Minmetals China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Nonferrous Metal Mining China Railway Construction CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) PetroChina Sinochem Sinopec Zijin