Headquarters in South Africa
Standard Bank website: http://www.standardbank.co.za
ActionAid report says intl. aid & public policies facilitate corporate land grabs, leaving farmers impoverished & vulnerable
We invited the following companies mentioned in the report in the context of allegations to respond:...
- Related stories: ActionAid report says intl. aid & public policies facilitate corporate land grabs, leaving farmers impoverished & vulnerable
- This is a non response from the following companies: Standard Bank
- Country: South Africa
Author: Songezo Zibi, Business Day
...South African multinational companies have operations in Uganda and other countries with anti-homosexuality legislation, such as Nigeria. Cellphone operator MTN’s CEO, Sifiso Dabengwa...[said] the company respects the laws of the countries in which...
Author: Jocelyn Newmarch, Business Day [South Africa]
Africa’s prosperity depends on taking action on climate change, Standard Bank executives said on Thursday at a media briefing. "If left unchecked, climate change will hamper economic growth and development. Too many Africans will stay poor, too many...
Author: Business Action for Africa & Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative at Harvard Kennedy School
...Business Action for Africa’s 2010 Report...examines how business-driven partnerships are addressing Africa’s development challenges in new and innovative ways… creating new frontiers for sustainable development and growth on the continent...the...
- Related stories: Report examines role of business-driven partnerships in addressing sustainable development in Africa - includes case studies
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Accenture Allianz Anglo American Arcelor Mittal Barclays Bharti Airtel Bristol-Myers Squibb Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Chevron Coca-Cola Danone De Beers Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.) Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo Diamond Trading Company (part of De Beers) ExxonMobil Guinness (part of Diageo) HP (Hewlett-Packard) Mars Nestlé Pfizer SABMiller Shell Stanbic Bank Standard Bank Standard Chartered Syngenta Total Unilever Vodafone Zain
- Country: South Africa
Author: PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Carbon Disclosure Project
In 2010, the CDP asked the world’s 500 largest public companies in the FTSE Global Equity Index Series...to demonstrate that they are taking action on climate change. This report, prepared by CDP’s global adviser, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC),...
- Related stories: Report says carbon management becoming a "strategic business priority" - says Siemens, Deutsche Post, BASF, Bayer, Samsung top 5 firms for carbon disclosure
- Related companies: 3M A.P. Moller - Maersk ABB Abbott Laboratories Abertis Accenture ACE Group Adobe Systems AFLAC Ahold Air Liquide Air Products Akzo Nobel Allergan Allianz Allstate Alstom Amazon.com AmBev (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) América Movil American Electric Power American Express Amgen Anadarko Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) AngloGold Ashanti Anheuser-Busch InBev Apache Apple Applied Materials Arcelor Mittal Archer Daniels Midland AstraZeneca AT&T Atlantia Aviva AXA BAE Systems Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Barclays Barrick Gold Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Beiersdorf Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy BG Group Bharti Airtel BHP Billiton BMW BNP Paribas BOC Group (part of Linde) Boeing Bouygues BP Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco British Sky Broadcasting BT Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) BYD Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Caisse d'Epargne Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canadian Natural Resources Canon Capital One Carnival Carrefour Caterpillar Cathay Pacific Central Japan Railway Centrica CEZ Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Cheung Kong Chevron China Construction Bank China Life Insurance China Mobile China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) China Telecom China Unicom Chubb Group Chubu Electric Power Chunghwa Telecom Cisco Systems Citigroup CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) CNP Assurances Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commonwealth Bank ConocoPhillips Corning Costco Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) CSX CVS Daimler Danaher Danone Danske Bank DBS Bank Dell Denso Deutsche Bank Deutsche Boerse Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Devon Energy Diageo DirecTV Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Duke Energy E.ON East Japan Railway eBay Ecopetrol EDF Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge EnCana Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Eni Entergy EOG Resources Ericsson Erste Bank der Oesterreichischen Sparkassen Exelon Express Scripts ExxonMobil FedEx Fiat Ford Fortum France Telecom (now Orange) Franklin Templeton Freeport-McMoRan Fresenius Medical Care Gap Gazprom GDF Suez General Dynamics General Electric General Mills Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Goldcorp Goldman Sachs Google Groupe Banque Populaire Grupo ACS H&M Halliburton Hang Seng Bank Heineken Henderson Land Hess Corporation Home Depot Hon Hai Honda Honeywell HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Husky Energy Hutchison Whampoa Hyundai Corporation (part of Hyundai Group) Hyundai Group Iberdrola IBM ICICI ICL Plastics Illinois Tool Works Imperial Oil Imperial Tobacco Indian Oil Corporation Inditex Infosys ING INPEX Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Itaú-BBA ITC Jardine Matheson JFE Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) KB Home KBC KDDI Kellogg's Kimberly-Clark Kohl's Komatsu Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) Kraft Foods Kroger Kyocera L'Oreal Larsen & Toubro Linde Lloyds TSB Lockheed Martin Loews Lowe's Lukoil LVMH Manulife Financial Marathon Oil Maroc Telecom MasterCard McDonald's McKesson Medtronic Merck Metlife Metro Group Microsoft Millea Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi UFJ Mitsui Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola MTN MTR Munich Re Naspers Group National Australia Bank National Grid National Oilwell Varco Natixis (joint venture Caisse d'Epargne & Groupe Banque Populaire) Newcrest Newmont News Corporation Nike Nintendo Nippon Mining Nippon Mining & Metals (part of Nippon Mining) Nissan Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norfolk Southern Northrop Grumman Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) NTT Docomo Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Oracle Panasonic PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris International PNC Financial Services Posco PotashCorp PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Praxair Procter & Gamble Prudential Financial Prudential plc PTT Public Service Enterprise Group QBE Insurance Raytheon Reckitt Benckiser Reliance Industries Repsol YPF Research In Motion (now BlackBerry) Richemont Rio Tinto Roche Rosneft Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal Philips Electronics RWE S&P Dow Jones Indices (part of McGraw-Hill) SABMiller Saint-Gobain Samsung Sanofi-Aventis Santander SAP Sasol Schlumberger Schneider Electric Scottish and Southern Energy Seven & i Shell Shin Shin-Etsu Group Shinhan Bank Siemens Sime Darby Simon Property Singapore Telecommunications Société Générale Softbank Sony Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Southwestern Energy Standard Bank Standard Chartered Staples Starbucks State Bank of India State Street Statoil Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Sun Hung Kai Properties Sun Life Financial Suncor Surgutneftegas Swiss Re Syngenta Sysco Takeda Pharmaceutical Talisman Target Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Teck Resources Telecom Italia Telefónica Telenor TeliaSonera Telstra Tesco Teva Pharmaceutical Texas Instruments ThyssenKrupp Time Warner TJX Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Toronto-Dominion Bank Toshiba Total Toyota Transcanada Transocean Tullow Oil Tyco UBS Unibail UniCredit Bulbank Unilever Union Pacific United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS US Bancorp Vale Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Verizon Viacom Vinci Visa Group Vivendi Vodafone Volkswagen Wal-Mart de Mexico (Walmex) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Wesfarmers Westfield Westpac Wharf Holdings Wilmar International Wipro Woolworths Group Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata) Yahoo! YUM! Zurich
Author: Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria (GBC)
From an initiative that’s reaching 3.5 million people threatened by TB to a massive expansion of access to cheap anti-malaria medication in 24 African countries, businesses are doing work that is complementing the global health work of governments and...
UNAIDS and Private sector meet to explore collaboration towards virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission
On 15 March 2010, UNAIDS Executive Director, Michel Sidibé met with more than 15 private sector companies affiliated with the Global Business Coalition on AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GBC). Mr Sidibé…reiterated his call for the virtual elimination...