Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in India
Intl. Finance Corp. claims immunity & moves to dismiss US lawsuit by Indian communities over financing of coal-fired plant
Author: Boursier.com (France)
« Euronext et Vigeo créent un nouvel indice ESG dédié au marché des Pays Emergents », 23 juin 2015...
- Related companies: Aditya Birla Group AngloGold Ashanti Aspen Pharmacare Ayala Barloworld BMCE (Banque Marocaine du Commerce Extérieur) Cairn Energy Cementos Argos Cemex Chunghwa Telecom Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Exxaro Foschini Fresnillo Gold Fields Hankook Tire Hellenic Telecommunication Organisation (see OTE) Hindalco (part of Aditya Birla Group) Hindustan Unilever Impala Platinum Infosys ITC Kumba Iron Ore Lenovo LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Liberty National Life Insurance (part of Torchmark) Lonmin Maroc Telecom MOL (see Mitsui O.S.K. Lines or Magyar Olaj Gazi) Natura Nedbank Nestlé NYSE Euronext Pegatron PTT PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) Reliance Industries Samsung Sanlam Siam Cement Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Telefónica Tractebel (part of GDF Suez) Unilever Vigeo Wipro Woolworths Holdings
Author: Institut de recherche en droits humains (Rép. dém. du Congo)
"Transparence fiscale des multinationales: Indicateur du respect des droits économiques en RDC", 1 juin 2015...
- Related in-depth areas: Tax avoidance
- Related companies: Bharti Airtel Bolloré Boss Mining (part of ENRC) Bralima (part of Heineken) Chemaf (part of Shalina Group) ENRC Freeport-McMoRan G4S Gécamines Heineken Lundin Mining Orange Shalina Group Tata Group Tenke Fungurume (joint venture Freeport-McMoRan, Lundin, Gécamines) Tigo Vodacom
A strong, magnitude 7.8 earthquake rocked Nepal on 25 April 2015, destroying buildings, damaging historic temples, and killing thousands. The temblor was caused by a sudden thrust, or release of built-up tension, along the major fault line where the...
Author: Premal Balan, TNN
Fishing communities and farmers from Mundra in Kutch district…filed suit against the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private-lending arm of the World Bank Group, in federal court in Washington, DC, through their representative EarthRights...
- Related stories: Indian communities file lawsuit in US court against Intl. Finance Corp. over harm from coal-fired plant
- Related companies: Tata Group
Author: US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
Companies are mobilizing their expertise, capabilities, and resources to assist with the recovery efforts following the earthquake in Nepal. Businesses have pledged $26.8 million in cash and additional in kind contributions in support of relief and...
- Related stories: Nepal: Companies respond to earthquake, aid rescue mission & rehabilitation efforts
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories American Express Amgen Apple Aramark AT&T AXA Bank of Montreal BASF Bharti Airtel BJ Services Bristol-Myers Squibb Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canon Cisco Systems Clorox Coca-Cola Columbia Sportswear Deutsche Telekom DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo DSM eBay Facebook Fast Retailing FedEx Ford Gap General Motors Google H&M Henry Schein Honda Hudson's Bay IKEA Inditex ITC JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kingfisher Kohl's Marsh & McLennan Metlife Microsoft Mitsubishi Group National Bank of Canada New York Life Panasonic PepsiCo Procter & Gamble Qualcomm Royal Bank of Canada SAP Sealed Air Sears Shaw Communications Square Group Starbucks Sun Life Financial T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Tata Group Time Warner Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Uber UPS Verizon Visa Group Vodafone Walmart Walt Disney Yahoo!
The Uncounted - On India’s Coast, A Power Plant Backed By The World Bank Group Threatens A Way Of Life
Author: Barry Yeoman, Huffington Post / ICIJ
“Those people say there are no fisherfolk here,” says Jam, who is in his mid-50s and dresses in the loose-fitting clothing and knit skullcap of many Wagher men. “There are a lot of us here.”...
- Related stories: "Evicted & Abandoned": Investigative report highlights failure of World Bank resettlement policies
- Related companies: Tata Group
Indian communities file lawsuit in US court against Intl. Finance Corp. over harm from coal-fired plant
India: Discussions with business leaders at CEO Forum & patent laws among other topics to be discussed during Obama's visit
US President Barack Obama will start a three-day landmark trip to India on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's invitation to build on what he has said will be one of the defining relationships of the 21st century. Obama, who is the first US president to be...