Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in India
India: Tata Beverages commissions study of climate change impacts on Assam tea production; foresees need for adaptation measures
Author: Indo-Asian News Service (IANS)
Tata Global Beverages announced on Monday it has commissioned the Tea Research Association (TRA) to identify indicators of climatic changes that will impact tea growing regions in Assam in the next 50 years."The company as part of its association with...
Author: Claire Provost & Matt Kennard, Guardian (UK)
A Washington DC judge has ruled that the World Bank cannot be sued in a case brought by Indian fishermen and farmers who said that an investment by the Bank’s private sector arm in a giant coal-fired power plant had “destroyed their livelihoods”.In...
- Related stories: Intl. Finance Corp. lawsuit (re financing of coal-fired plant in India)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Tata Group
Author: Press Trust of India, Business Standard
Real estate developer Tata Housing has partnered with the country's largest lender, State Bank of India, on the occasion of the International Women's Day. Tata Housing will allow its women customers to pay only 20 per cent of the agreement value while...
- Related stories: Intl. Women's Day 2016: Advances by companies & continuing challenges
- Related companies: State Bank of India Tata Group
Author: Jane Deith, BBC News
Three of the UK's top tea brands have stopped buying from a group of Indian plantations after a BBC investigation exposed dangerous working conditions. The BBC found a disregard for health and safety on an estate in north-east India owned by Assam...
Author: Mayank Aggarwal, Live Mint (India)
…[I]nvestors led by technology billionaire and philanthropist Bill Gates launched the Breakthrough Energy Coalition at the ongoing Paris climate talks…[T]he coalition will try to close the gap between the promise of a new energy concept and its...
Author: Vikas Dhoot, Hindu
The survey of over 8,000 employees in a dozen large firms including Mahindra & Mahindra, Tata Steel and Hindustan Unilever, was carried out by Deloitte and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to understand the implications of the...
With the Paris Conference of Parties (COP) about to take place and the world trying to come to an agreement on how to cap our carbon emissions, the campaign to phase out coal -- the single largest source of carbon dioxide emissions worldwide -- has...
Author: Sandeep Singh & Shruti Srivastava, Indian Express
Forced to spend a portion of their profits on activities linked to corporate social responsibility (CSR) to meet the requirements of the Companies Act 2013, India’s top 50 companies that make up the benchmark Nifty index at the National Stock Exchange...
- Related stories: India: CSR spending increased, but more needs to be done
- Related companies: Axis Bank Bajaj Auto Bharat Petroleum Coal India (CIL) HCL Technologies HDFC Infosys ITC NTPC ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Reliance Industries Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Vedanta Resources