Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in India
A strong, magnitude 7.8 earthquake rocked Nepal on 25 April 2015, destroying buildings, damaging historic temples, and killing thousands. The temblor was caused by a sudden thrust, or release of built-up tension, along the major fault line where the...
Author: US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
Companies are mobilizing their expertise, capabilities, and resources to assist with the recovery efforts following the earthquake in Nepal. Businesses have pledged $26.8 million in cash and additional in kind contributions in support of relief and...
- Related stories: Nepal: Companies respond to earthquake, aid rescue mission & rehabilitation efforts
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories American Express Amgen Apple Aramark AT&T AXA Bank of Montreal BASF Bharti Airtel BJ Services Bristol-Myers Squibb Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canon Cisco Systems Clorox Coca-Cola Columbia Sportswear Deutsche Telekom DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo DSM eBay Facebook Fast Retailing FedEx Ford Gap General Motors Google H&M Henry Schein Honda Hudson's Bay IKEA Inditex ITC JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kingfisher Kohl's Marsh & McLennan Metlife Microsoft Mitsubishi Group National Bank of Canada New York Life Panasonic PepsiCo Procter & Gamble Qualcomm Royal Bank of Canada SAP Sealed Air Sears Shaw Communications Square Group Starbucks Sun Life Financial T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Tata Group Time Warner Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Uber UPS Verizon Visa Group Vodafone Walmart Walt Disney Yahoo!
The Uncounted - On India’s Coast, A Power Plant Backed By The World Bank Group Threatens A Way Of Life
Author: Barry Yeoman, Huffington Post / ICIJ
“Those people say there are no fisherfolk here,” says Jam, who is in his mid-50s and dresses in the loose-fitting clothing and knit skullcap of many Wagher men. “There are a lot of us here.”...
- Related stories: "Evicted & Abandoned": Investigative report highlights failure of World Bank resettlement policies
- Related companies: Tata Group
Indian communities file lawsuit in US court against Intl. Finance Corp. over harm from coal-fired plant
India: Discussions with business leaders at CEO Forum & patent laws among other topics to be discussed during Obama's visit
US President Barack Obama will start a three-day landmark trip to India on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's invitation to build on what he has said will be one of the defining relationships of the 21st century. Obama, who is the first US president to be...
Author: Price Waterhouse Coopers Pvt. Ltd.
SEBI’s regulation in 2012 mandating the top 100 listed companies to report on their performance on the Business Responsibility Guidelines through Business Responsibility Reports (BRRs), along with their Annual Reports...The report sets out to document...
- Related companies: ABB ACC Limited (Associated Cement Companies) Aditya Birla Group Asian Paints Bajaj Auto Bharti Airtel Bosch Cairn Energy Canara Bank Cipla Coal India (CIL) Colgate-Palmolive Cummins Exide GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) GlaxoSmithKline Gujarat Ambuja Cements HDFC Hero Honda Hindalco (part of Aditya Birla Group) Hindustan Unilever ICICI Indian Oil Corporation Infosys Jindal Larsen & Toubro Lupin Mahindra & Mahindra Maruti Suzuki (part of Suzuki) Nestlé NHPC (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation - India) NTPC ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Oracle Ranbaxy Laboratories Reliance ADA Reliance Industries Shree Cement Siemens State Bank of India Suzuki Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Tata Steel (see Tata Iron and Steel) Titan Industries (joint venture Tata Group & Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation) Wipro Yes Bank Zee Zydus Cadila
Author: A. Subramani, Times News Network
A week after a pregnant woman employee of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) moved the Madras high court and got an order terminating her from service stayed, the IT major revoked the ouster order on Tuesday...Now that Rekha (name changed) will not cease...
Author: Cathal M. Doyle & Andrew Whitmore for Tebtebba, PIPLinks & Middlesex University