Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in India
- Related stories: India: Workers on tea plantations in Assam part-owned by Tata/Tetley allege labour abuses - intimidation of those raising concerns Starvation deaths highlights tea workers' conditions at closed tea plantations in West Bengal
- Related companies: APPL (Amlgamated Plantations Private) Tata Group Tata Tea (part of Tata Group)
Author: Hannah Ritchie, Sustainable Brands
"Nestlé, Tata Setting the Bar for 100% Sustainable Sourcing", 11 Aug 2014...
Author: Meera Mohanty, Economic Times
The Comptroller and Auditor General of India has serious concerns over acquisition and allotment of land made to major industrial houses during the decade 2001-12 in mineral-rich Odisha…In its report tabled in the state assembly on Monday, it has...
Through our membership in the Global Business Initiative on Human Rights (GBI), GE was fortunate to contribute to the six-year process that culminated in these Guiding Principles. Our own Statement of Principles on Human Rights has been drafted to...
- Related stories: GE's approach to human rights & summary of Global Business Initiative activities in China & UAE
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: General Electric Saudi Aramco Tata Group
Author: Amnesty International
This book seeks to ground the debate on the human right to remedy in cases of corporate-related abuse in the lived experiences of victims…[It]… focuses on four emblematic cases and exposes how corporate political and financial power intertwined with...
- Related stories: BHP lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Cambior lawsuit (re Guyana) New Amnesty Intl. publication highlights obstacles faced by victims of corporate human rights abuses to access remedies; includes company statements Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Shell lawsuit (re oil pollution in Nigeria) Trafigura lawsuits (re Côte d’Ivoire) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Vedanta Resources lawsuit (re Dongria Kondh in Orissa) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Arcelor Mittal BHP Billiton BP Cambior Dow Chemical Golden Star Resources IamGold Ok Tedi Mining Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Shell Tata Group Trafigura Beheer Union Carbide (part of Dow) Vedanta Resources
Tata Power launches Project Vartika for women empowerment and self-reliance in Mundra, Gujarat [India]
Author: India Education Bureau
Tata Power, through its...subsidiary, Coastal Gujarat Power...is committed to promoting women empowerment and gender equality [and]...has undertaken numerous initiatives for the sustainable development of women community in Mundra...Tata Power...
- Related companies: Tata Group
Author: Naren Karunakaran, Economic Times (India)
[T]he World Business Council for Sustainable Development [WBCSD], [a CEO-driven organisation of over 200 progressive companies], would like businesses to...reorder their business models, and begin addressing some of our most pressing developmental...