Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in India
Author: Shreeja Sen, Ruchira Singh & Aman Malik, Mint
The Supreme Court…scrapped the allocation of all but four of the 218 coal blocks awarded between 1993 and 2010. While the move gives the government an opportunity to make a fresh start and put in place a transparent rules-based regime in the...
Author: Neha Saigal, Greenpeace
...[Greenpeace's]…meeting with Tata Global Beverages (TGB) focused on public campaign on Tata…to look at Non Pesticide Management in tea cultivation… TGB released the commitment to their consumers, in a statement that spoke about their vision towards...
- Related stories: India: Workers on tea plantations in Assam part-owned by Tata/Tetley allege labour abuses - intimidation of those raising concerns Starvation deaths highlights tea workers' conditions at closed tea plantations in West Bengal
- Related companies: APPL (Amlgamated Plantations Private) Tata Group Tata Tea (part of Tata Group)
Author: Hannah Ritchie, Sustainable Brands
"Nestlé, Tata Setting the Bar for 100% Sustainable Sourcing", 11 Aug 2014...
Author: Meera Mohanty, Economic Times
The Comptroller and Auditor General of India has serious concerns over acquisition and allotment of land made to major industrial houses during the decade 2001-12 in mineral-rich Odisha…In its report tabled in the state assembly on Monday, it has...
Through our membership in the Global Business Initiative on Human Rights (GBI), GE was fortunate to contribute to the six-year process that culminated in these Guiding Principles. Our own Statement of Principles on Human Rights has been drafted to...
- Related stories: GE's approach to human rights & summary of Global Business Initiative activities in China & UAE
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: General Electric Saudi Aramco Tata Group
Author: Amnesty International
This book seeks to ground the debate on the human right to remedy in cases of corporate-related abuse in the lived experiences of victims…[It]… focuses on four emblematic cases and exposes how corporate political and financial power intertwined with...
- Related stories: BHP lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Cambior lawsuit (re Guyana) New Amnesty Intl. publication highlights obstacles faced by victims of corporate human rights abuses to access remedies; includes company statements Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Shell lawsuit (re oil pollution in Nigeria) Trafigura lawsuits (re Côte d’Ivoire) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Vedanta Resources lawsuit (re Dongria Kondh in Orissa) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Arcelor Mittal BHP Billiton BP Cambior Dow Chemical Golden Star Resources IamGold Ok Tedi Mining Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Shell Tata Group Trafigura Beheer Union Carbide (part of Dow) Vedanta Resources