Unicredito Italiano (now Unicredit)
Member of UN Global Compact
Unicredito Italiano changed its name to Unicredit in May 2008.
BankTrack report finds banks not yet living up to human rights obligations under UN Guiding Principles
Author: Bank Track
Seven leading international banks, informally grouped together as the ‘Thun Group of Banks'...presented a discussion paper for banks on the implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. BankTrack welcomes the discussion...
[PDF] Statement by the Thun Group of Banks - “The Guiding Principles: an interpretation for banks” - A Discussion Paper for banks on Principles 16 – 21 of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
Author: The Thun Group of Banks (Barclays, BBVA, Credit Suisse, ING Bank, RBS Group, UBS, UniCredit)
We, the undersigned banks, have contributed to this discussion paper in order to gain a better understanding of the “Guiding Principles for the implementation of the United Nations ‘Protect, Respect and Remedy’ Frame-work” (“Guiding Principles”) and...
- Related stories: Statement by the Thun Group of Banks - “The Guiding Principles: an interpretation for banks” (banks in Barclays, BBVA, Credit Suisse, ING Bank, RBS Group, UBS, UniCredit)
- Related in-depth areas: Due diligence: General Human rights policy statements Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: Barclays BBVA Credit Suisse ING Royal Bank of Scotland UBS Unicredito Italiano (now Unicredit)
[PDF] [Submission in response to] Call for input: Report on business and human rights and the UN system
Banks have a specific role in enabling or preventing possible human rights violations...It is up to banks to adapt their business operations in recognition of this responsibility. BankTrack continuously monitors the standards that private sector banks...
Author: Emilio D'Orazio, Politeia
[Contents include: Corporate Social Responsibility & Human Rights Abuses; Orientamento sessuale e business; Understanding & Managing the Financial Sector’s Responsibilities in terms of Human Rights: the UniCredit Experience; Diritti umani,...
Author: Alison Braybrooks, Impact abc in Guardian [UK]
2011 was also a landmark year for business and human rights: John Ruggie's guiding principles were endorsed by the UN Human Rights Council, and then incorporated into the new OECD guidelines, ISO26000 and the sustainability policy of the IFC...The...
[PDF] Statement by the Thun Group of banks on the “Guiding principles for the implementation of the United Nations ‘protect, respect and remedy’ framework” on human rights
Author: Barclays, Credit Suisse, UBS, UniCredit
The “Guiding Principles” bring a welcome profile and degree of clarity to the human rights and business agenda. They provide a blueprint for companies to show that they respect human rights, and reduce the risk of causing or contributing to human...
Author: UN Principles for Responsible Investment
A coalition of global investors from 13 countries, managing over US$2.1 trillion of assets, today added its voice to the increasing calls for better corporate reporting on environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) activities. The...
- Related stories: Coalition of investors say 86 companies participating in UN Global Compact are failing to meet requirements on environmental, social, governance reporting
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti Assa Abloy Autostrade Banco Sabadell Bayer Coca-Cola Hellenic Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (now Vale) Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Enagás Geberit Henkel Iberia INA Inditex Intesa Sanpaolo Kesko KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) MAPFRE Mitsui Nedbank Newmont Nikon (part of Mitsubishi Group) Osaka Gas Pearson Puma Rio Tinto SCA Siemens SK Corporation Standard Chartered Talisman Telefónica Trelleborg Unicredito Italiano (now Unicredit) Vaisala Vale Woongjin Coway Yara