Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands, United Kingdom
Unilever website: www.unilever.com
UK: Former Labour MP's new book argues business can address social, environmental & humanitarian problems but says there are no "good companies" yet
Author: David Brindle, Guardian (UK)
"Corporates can lead on sustainability but there are no "good companies" yet", 23 Jul 2014...
Author: UN News Centre
The United Nations has teamed up with leading businesses to advance women’s rights and empowerment through a new advisory council comprised of private sector chiefs with a strong commitment to supporting women and girls. The new Private Sector...
Author: Associated Press, Irrawaddy (Thailand)
Consumer products giant Unilever scrambled…to remove advertising banners from shops in western Burma that prominently displayed the symbol of the Buddhist extremist movement blamed for a wave of bloody attacks against minority Muslims…Sher Mazari,...
- Related companies: Unilever
Author: ComunicaRSE (Argentina)
…La…Red de Empresas por la Diversidad...y…[aspira] a ser un espacio de encuentro e intercambio de ideas para empresas, ONG y Gobierno, y tiene como meta impulsar la diversidad como una condición de la competitividad…Hasta el momento, se han sumado...
- Related in-depth areas: "Carving up a continent" report by WDM, and company responses
- This is a response from the following companies: Unilever
[PDF] Evidence of Corporate Disclosure relevant to the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
This research was conducted to inform understanding of how companies currently report on their human rights performance, and how this maps against the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights. The research reviewed corporate disclosure of...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Associated British Foods Aviva Barclays BHP Billiton BMW BP Carrefour Chiquita Citigroup Coca-Cola Ericsson Ford Gap GlaxoSmithKline H&M Henkel Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) L'Oreal McDonald's Merck Microsoft Nestlé Nike Nokia Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) PepsiCo Phillips-Van Heusen Procter & Gamble Randgold Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller Shell Société Générale Starbucks Timberland Total Unilever Vodafone
Author: Laura Clewes, Ogilvy HealthPR
A group of major European employers today launch a report featuring fresh insights into the fight against depression in the workplace…BT Group plc, Deutsche Post DHL, H. Lundbeck A/S, Ogilvy [part of WPP] and Unilever have publicly shared information...
Author: Unilever (interview with John Ruggie, former Special Representative on business & human rights)
[Video transcript: If Unilever gets this right, it takes business on a path, that in my view few have dared to contemplate, but other will be obliged to follow. Fairness in the workplace: Not only throughout Unilever's own operations, but also in the...
[PDF] Steep Rise in Allegations of Human Rights Abuse as Boom in Investment Brings Hope of Prosperity
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In a new briefing paper...Business & Human Rights Resource Centre...identifies three key trends in companies’ human rights impacts in the region...Executive Director...Phil Bloomer said: “The threat of the infamous ‘Resource Curse’ hangs heavy...
- Related stories: "Steep Rise in Allegations of Human Rights Abuse as Boom in Investment Brings Hope of Prosperity - New briefing paper on business and human rights in Eastern Africa" (announcement) African Barrick Gold lawsuit (re Tanzania) Kaweri Coffee (part of Neumann Gruppe) lawsuit (re forced eviction in Uganda) Thomson Safaris lawsuit (re Maasai in Tanzania) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold Bidco Oil Refineries British American Tobacco China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Gamma Group Japan Tobacco International Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaweri (part of Neumann Gruppe) Kenya Commercial Bank Kenya Pipeline Company MTN Neumann Gruppe Nevsun Paladin Energy PetroChina Philip Morris International SABMiller Safaricom Strategic Friends International Tanzania Breweries (part of SABMiller) Thomson Safaris (part of Wineland-Thomson Adventures) Total Tullow Oil Unilever Wilmar International Wineland-Thomson Adventures ZTE