Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Brazil
Vale was known as Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (CVRD) until Nov 2007. For items about the company prior to Nov 2007, see our website section on Companhia Vale do Rio Doce.
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
A regional overview...
Author: Aminata.com dans Allafrica
"Afrique de l'Ouest: Ebola, une menace majeure pour l'industrie minière de l'Afrique de l'Ouest", 14 septembre 2014...
Residents protest against Vale Indonesia for environmental & livelihood impacts of oil spill; company says it is open to discussion
Author: Tempo.co (Indonesia)
“PT Vale Indonesia Receives Protests Over Ocean Contamination”, 10 August 2014...
- Related companies: Vale
FIDH Briefing Paper on business & human rights "Enhancing Standards and Ensuring Redress" (Mar 2014) - with company responses & non-responses
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Ahava, Groupe Forrest Intl, Vale to respond. Groupe Forrest & Vale responses provided. Ahava did not respond] In March 2014, the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) issued a...
- Related stories: Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) Businesses across the Middle East must put human rights above the bottom line (press release) Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin – Issue 11, December 2013 France : La justice ordonne la poursuite de l’enquête accusant Amesys de «complicité de torture» sous le régime de Kadhafi France : Le gouvernement encadrera l’exportation des logiciels de surveillance par les entreprises comme Amesys & Qosmos vers les dictatures France: FIDH & LDH file criminal complaint against Amesys alleging complicity in human rights violations committed by Gaddafi regime in Libya France: Une information judiciaire ouverte suite à une plainte de 2 ONG accusant la société Amesys de complicité d’actes de torture en Libye James Dunne : « Pendant des années, mon travail a servi à des tyrans » Report analyses barriers to access judicial remedy for victims of human rights abuses by companies & makes recommendations Resource Centre launches new briefing - highlights human rights lawsuits against companies over alleged abuses in over 25 countries USA: Corporate speakers at Silicon Valley Human Rights Conference acknowledge need for greater consideration for human rights Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Ahava Vale
- Related in-depth areas: FIDH Briefing Paper on business & human rights "Enhancing Standards and Ensuring Redress" (2014)
- This is a response from the following companies: Vale
- Country: Brazil
…The Carajás railroad…was created to export minerals…the Carajás corridor…is…the main source of the victims of modern slavery…in stock raising and charcoal making…The…Railroad and…Vale, that has the concession, will have a new opportunity to aid local...