Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Germany
IndustriALL notes that "Volkswagen is setting an industry example in defying anti-union politicians and other pressure in the Southern United States to work with the UAW and respect international labour standards."
Brazil: Govt. commission finds documents suggesting companies aided Brazil military regime; includes company statements
Author: Brian Winter, Reuters
China: Explosion at plant of Zhongrong Metal Production, subcontractor to international automotive brands’ wheel supplier, kills at least 68; Govt. orders safety checks
Author: James T. Areddy, Wall Street Journal (USA)
"Blast at China Car-Parts Supplier Kills at Least 68", 2 Aug 2014...
- Related stories: China: Explosion at Zhongrong Metal Production plant in Kunshan kills at least 70
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Apple China International Trust and Investment (CITIC) CiTiC Dicastal Wheel Manufacturing (part of CITIC) General Motors Mitsubishi Group Volkswagen
Author: Michael Smith & Andrew Willi, Bloomberg
The Colombian government says it will seize and close a mine run by FARC guerrillas that has supplied tungsten to some of world’s leading multinational companies. Colombian security forces are...preparing an assault on Tiger Hill, the mine in a remote...
Author: Mary Mazzoni, TriplePundit
Climate Counts and the Center for Sustainable Organizations just released what they call the “world’s first” science-based company rankings,...[assessing] the emissions performance of 100 companies from 2005 to 2012 within the context of climate...
- Related stories: Study finds over half of global companies surveyed are emitting "unsustainable" levels of carbon
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Amazon.com Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Anheuser-Busch InBev AstraZeneca Avon Bank of America BASF Baxter International Bayer BMW BP Bristol-Myers Squibb BT Canon Cemex Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive ConAgra Danone Dell Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo Dow Chemical Electrolux Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Ericsson ExxonMobil Ford Fuji Photo Film Gap General Electric General Mills General Motors H&M Halliburton Hasbro Heineken Herman Miller Hess Corporation Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Hyundai Group IBM Intel International Paper Johnson & Johnson Kellogg's Kimberly-Clark Kraft Foods L'Oreal Lexmark Limited Brands Marks & Spencer Marriott Merck Microsoft Molson Coors Nestlé News Corporation Nippon Steel Nokia Novartis Office Depot Panasonic PepsiCo Pfizer Praxair Procter & Gamble Reckitt Benckiser Royal Bank of Scotland SABMiller Samsung Sharp Sherwin-Williams Siemens Sony State Street Target Tesco Toshiba Toyota Unilever United Technologies UPS Verizon Volkswagen Volvo Group Walmart Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool
Only legislation will stop minerals being traded at the expense of human rights - Conflict minerals found in cars, electronics and other products will only be eradicated with new laws and business buy-in
Author: Zobel Behalal, peace and conflict advocacy officer at CCFD-Terre Solidaire, in Guardian (UK)
One of the key drivers underpinning some of the world's worst ongoing violent conflicts over the past few years is the extraction and trade of natural resources...The trade of natural resources continues at the expense of violence and human rights...
Author: Human Rights Campaign
This year, an historic 304 major businesses…scored 100 percent on HRC’s Corporate Equality Index and the coveted distinction of “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality.” These companies adopted a full framework of LGBT inclusion in the workplace,...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign releases ranking of “best places to work for LGBT equality”
- Related companies: 3M Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acerinox Aetna AIG Alcatel-Lucent Alcoa Alston & Bird AMC Group American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters American Express Ameriprise Financial Apple Arent Fox Arnold & Porter AT&T Automatic Data Processing Avon AXA Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Best Buy Bingham McCutchen BlackRock Blue Cross BNP Paribas BNY Mellon Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Bristol-Myers Squibb Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Cargill Charles Schwab Chevron Chrysler Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox Coca-Cola Comcast Corning Covington & Burling Credit Suisse Cummins Danaher Darden Restaurants Dechert Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak eBay Ecolab Edison International Electronic Arts EMC Ernst & Young Faegre & Benson Fenwick & West Ford Freddie Mac GameStop Gap Genentech General Electric General Mills General Motors Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher Giorgio Armani GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google Hartford Financial Services Herman Miller Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hyatt IBM Intuit Jenner & Block Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg's KPMG Kraft Foods Land O'Lakes Leo Burnett (part of Publicis) Levi Strauss Lexmark Limited Brands Littler Mendelson Lockheed Martin Marriott Marsh & McLennan MasterCard McDermott Will & Emery McKesson McKinsey Medtronic Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Northern Trust Novartis Office Depot Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning PepsiCo Pfizer Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman PNC Financial Services PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Publicis Qualcomm Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Rockwell Automation Salesforce.com SAP Sears Sempra Energy Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Sprint Nextel Staples Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels Sun Life Financial SunTrust Banks Symantec T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Thomson Reuters Time Warner Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota UBS Unilever Union Bank of California United Continental United Technologies UnitedHealth Group US Bancorp Verizon Viacom Volkswagen Walgreen Walt Disney Wells Fargo Whirlpool White & Case Wyndham Xerox Yahoo!
Author: Nicolas Bérubé & Marc Thibodeau, La Presse (Canada)
Donner un concert ou un spectacle dans un pays peu respectueux des droits de l'homme est-il une façon de promouvoir l'art et la liberté…Des experts se prononcent sur un difficile dilemme qui rappelle celui rencontré par nombre d'entreprises dans leur...
Author: Steven Greenhouse, New York Times
United Automobile Workers...has never tried a unionization drive quite like the one at the Nissan plant...[A] delegation of U.A.W. leaders and supporters will travel to Tokyo, and to Paris...to publicize a report by a Cornell University professor that...
Author: Financial Times
BMW and four other large auto companies have been named climate change champions in one of the most closely watched rankings of how businesses are tackling their greenhouse gas emissions...[E]ven though more large businesses are disclosing their...