Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Sweden
Volvo Group website: www.volvo.com
Author: Joann Muller, Forbes (USA)
…13 auto industry chief executives from the U.S., Europe and Asia had pledged to accelerate the development of cleaner vehicles to reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions. As a group, the companies said they would… Contribute to the goal of a...
Author: Heather Clancy & Barbara Grady, GreenBiz (USA)
"A cheat sheet to industry-specific COP21 pledges", 8 Dec 2015...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: adidas Allianz Coca-Cola Deutsche Post Eileen Fisher Enel Facebook Gap General Mills GlaxoSmithKline Google H&M HP (Hewlett-Packard) IKEA Interface Kellogg Levi Strauss Lloyds TSB Marks & Spencer Mars Michelin Microsoft Monsanto NRG Energy PepsiCo Procter & Gamble Royal Philips Electronics Salesforce.com Schneider Electric Skanska Sony Tesco Unilever VF Corp Volvo Group Walmart
Author: Joel Makower, GreenBiz (USA)
"Amina Mohammed: Why the Sustainable Development Goals matter for business", 8 Sep 2015...
Author: Irrawaddy (Myanmar)
"Scottish Truck Company Supplies Controversial Jade Mines in Burma", 29 Aug 2015...
Author: Salil Tripathi, Institute for Human Rights and Business
The dispute began when Wallström [Sweden's Foreign Minister] spoke out for Rafi Badawi, a Saudi Arabian blogger, who runs a website called Free Saudi Liberals, and who has been sentenced to flogging and imprisonment for “insulting Islam.”...
Commentary by Salil Tripathi of the Institute for Human Rights and Business: "How Not to Respond to Human Rights Leadership: A Primer for Business"
Author: Global Business Initiative on Human Rights, UN Global Compact Network China, Institute for Human Rights and Business, Peking University, Tracktwo
"China Responsible Business Forum: Corporate Responsibility in the Era of the UN Guiding Principles", 17 February 2015...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: China Huadian China International Trust and Investment (CITIC) China Minmetals CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Cosco General Electric H&M Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) Huawei Technologies Motorola NEC Nestlé State Grid Corporation of China Vale Volvo Group
[PDF] The Olympic violations: The Winter Olympic games in Sochi, the Swedish sponsors and human rights
...In this report Swedwatch has interviewed The Swedish Olympic Committee, SOC, and their sponsors in order to gain their opinion regarding the Olympic movement’s responsibility for the effects on human rights in the host country, as well as what...
- Related in-depth areas: Russia: Human rights abuses related to 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi Россия: Нарушения прав человека, связанные с Зимними Олимпийскими играми 2014 в Сочи
- Related companies: Adecco Apollo Global (joint venture Carlyle Group & Apollo Group) Arla Foods Atos (formerly Atos Origin) H&M Nordea Bank Samsung Unilever Vattenfall Volvo Group
Author: Mary Mazzoni, TriplePundit
Climate Counts and the Center for Sustainable Organizations just released what they call the “world’s first” science-based company rankings,...[assessing] the emissions performance of 100 companies from 2005 to 2012 within the context of climate...
- Related stories: Study finds over half of global companies surveyed are emitting "unsustainable" levels of carbon
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Amazon.com Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Anheuser-Busch InBev AstraZeneca Avon Bank of America BASF Baxter International Bayer BMW BP Bristol-Myers Squibb BT Canon Cemex Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive ConAgra Danone Dell Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo Dow Chemical Electrolux Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Ericsson ExxonMobil Ford Fuji Photo Film Gap General Electric General Mills General Motors H&M Halliburton Hasbro Heineken Herman Miller Hess Corporation Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Hyundai Group IBM Intel International Paper Johnson & Johnson Kellogg's Kimberly-Clark Kraft Foods L'Oreal Lexmark Limited Brands Marks & Spencer Marriott Merck Microsoft Molson Coors Nestlé News Corporation Nippon Steel Nokia Novartis Office Depot Panasonic PepsiCo Pfizer Praxair Procter & Gamble Reckitt Benckiser Royal Bank of Scotland SABMiller Samsung Sharp Sherwin-Williams Siemens Sony State Street Target Tesco Toshiba Toyota Unilever United Technologies UPS Verizon Volkswagen Volvo Group Walmart Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool