Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Sweden
Volvo Group website: www.volvo.com
Author: Global Business Initiative on Human Rights, UN Global Compact Network China, Institute for Human Rights and Business, Peking University, Tracktwo
"China Responsible Business Forum: Corporate Responsibility in the Era of the UN Guiding Principles", 17 February 2015...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: China Huadian China International Trust and Investment (CITIC) China Minmetals CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Cosco General Electric H&M Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) Huawei Technologies Motorola NEC Nestlé State Grid Corporation of China Vale Volvo Group
[PDF] The Olympic violations: The Winter Olympic games in Sochi, the Swedish sponsors and human rights
...In this report Swedwatch has interviewed The Swedish Olympic Committee, SOC, and their sponsors in order to gain their opinion regarding the Olympic movement’s responsibility for the effects on human rights in the host country, as well as what...
- Related in-depth areas: Russia: Human rights abuses related to 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi Россия: Нарушения прав человека, связанные с Зимними Олимпийскими играми 2014 в Сочи
- Related companies: Adecco Apollo Global (joint venture Carlyle Group & Apollo Group) Arla Foods Atos (formerly Atos Origin) H&M Nordea Bank Samsung Unilever Vattenfall Volvo Group
Author: Mary Mazzoni, TriplePundit
Climate Counts and the Center for Sustainable Organizations just released what they call the “world’s first” science-based company rankings,...[assessing] the emissions performance of 100 companies from 2005 to 2012 within the context of climate...
- Related stories: Study finds over half of global companies surveyed are emitting "unsustainable" levels of carbon
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Amazon.com Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Anheuser-Busch InBev AstraZeneca Avon Bank of America BASF Baxter International Bayer BMW BP Bristol-Myers Squibb BT Canon Cemex Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive ConAgra Danone Dell Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo Dow Chemical Electrolux Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Ericsson ExxonMobil Ford Fuji Photo Film Gap General Electric General Mills General Motors H&M Halliburton Hasbro Heineken Herman Miller Hess Corporation Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Hyundai Group IBM Intel International Paper Johnson & Johnson Kellogg's Kimberly-Clark Kraft Foods L'Oreal Lexmark Limited Brands Marks & Spencer Marriott Merck Microsoft Molson Coors Nestlé News Corporation Nippon Steel Nokia Novartis Office Depot Panasonic PepsiCo Pfizer Praxair Procter & Gamble Reckitt Benckiser Royal Bank of Scotland SABMiller Samsung Sharp Sherwin-Williams Siemens Sony State Street Target Tesco Toshiba Toyota Unilever United Technologies UPS Verizon Volkswagen Volvo Group Walmart Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool
L'organisation de défense des droits de l'homme Swedwatch a publié un rapport dénonçant quatre entreprises suédoises ayant un lien avec l'industrie du platine en Afrique du Sud qu'elle affirme porter atteinte aux droits de l'homme…En tant que vendeurs...
Author: Thibault Lescuyer, Novethic [France] (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
14 entreprises ont signé la Charte de l'association L'Autre Cercle, qui vise à améliorer le respect des droits des personnes lesbiennes, homosexuelles, bisexuelles et trans (LGBT) au travail. Alors que les actes homophobes sont en hausse, les...
Author: Charlotte Petri Gornitzka, Sida [Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency] Director-General, in Guardian Sustainable Business Blog [UK]
[T]he unemployment rate for youths in Somalia…[is]…among the highest in the world…[W]e...need to act more as a catalytic force to ensure that economic growth will benefit the disengaged youth in Somalia and elsewhere in Africa by engaging the private...
Enact has compiled a list of seven features that we think will guide the field of human rights and business in the near future...1. The UN Guiding Principles as a driving force...2. Broader human rights agenda...Living wage...Children's rights.....
Author: IndustriALL Gobal Union
Volvo Group agrees to establish a World Works Council that will give workers the right to meet annually on a global basis...The new agreement is valid from the beginning of 2013, and is a big leap forward. It´s not a Global Framework Agreement, but it...
Author: Volvo Group
The Volvo Group’s vehicles and machines are sold openly throughout the world and contribute to developing communities and creating prosperity: our construction equipment, buses, trucks and engines are used to build roads, produce electricity, irrigate...
- Related stories: Volvo Group equipment used to demolish homes in occupied East Jerusalem, allegedly leaving 6 children homeless - Volvo Group responds
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
- This is a response from the following companies: Volvo Group
- Country: Israel & Occupied Palestinian Territories
Home demolitions in Beit Hanina executed with Volvo and Hyundai equipment [Israel & the Occupied Territories]
Author: Adri Nieuwhof, Electronic Intifada
On 24 November, Israeli forces protected the Volvo and Hyundai equipment that was used to demolish three homes in Beit Hanina, occupied East Jerusalem...The destructive action left twenty people homeless, including six children....The impact of home...