Member of UN Global Compact
3M website: www.3m.com
Author: Bill George, Harvard Business School (USA)
"Op-Ed: Courageous Leader Triggers a Moral Revolt of CEOs Against Trump" 18 August 2017...
- Related stories: Merck, Intel, Under Armour, Alliance for American Manufacturing & AFL-CIO resign from manufacturing council following President Trump's response to white supremacist violence in Charlottesville
- Related companies: 3M Alliance for American Manufacturing GE (see General Electric) Merck Twitter Walmart
USA: President Trump disbands business councils as top executives of 3M, Campbell Soup, Johnson & Johnson & United Technologies resign
"Business councils disband over Trump remarks." ...
Merck, Intel, Under Armour, Alliance for American Manufacturing & AFL-CIO resign from manufacturing council following President Trump's response to white supremacist violence in Charlottesville
Five members of the American Manufacturing Council resigned following President Trump's failure to quickly condemn racism and violence by white supremacists at a rally in Charlottesville. The rally was organised to protest the planned removal of a...
Author: Dennis Pillion, Alabama Media Group
"Alabama water pollution lawsuit to proceed after judge rejects motion to dismiss", 15 Feb 2017...
Author: Eric March, Upworthy
“A spice company CEO took a stand against bigotry. It turned out to be good for business”, 2 December 2016...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms USA: Trump administration actions on business & human rights
- Related companies: 3M Kellogg Vanguard
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: Thomson Reuters (UK)
Thomson Reuters Launches D&I Index - Reveals Top 100 Most Diverse & Inclusive Organizations Globally...
- Related companies: 3M ABB Abbott Laboratories Abengoa Accenture Acciona Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Allianz Assicurazioni Generali Avon Ayala Bank of Montreal BASF Baxter International Bayer BMW BNP Paribas Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco CA Technologies Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canon Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox Colgate-Palmolive CSL Daiichi Sankyo Daimler Danone Deutsche Post Diageo Dior (part of LVMH) Dow Chemical DuPont EDF EDP (Energias de Portugal) Eli Lilly Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Ferrovial Fletcher Construction Foschini Gap Henkel Hormel HP (Hewlett-Packard) Infosys ING Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Kao Kering Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) L'Oreal LVMH Macy's Medtronic Merck Michelin Microsoft Morgan Stanley Natura Nedbank Nestlé Nokia Novartis Procter & Gamble PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Qantas Airways Roche Samsung Shiseido Société Générale Telefónica Telekom Malaysia Telstra Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters UBS Unilever Xerox YUM!
USA: Lawyer "became DuPont's worst nightmare" by uncovering toxic pollution, seeking to hold it accountable
Author: Nathaniel Rich, New York Times Magazine (USA)
"The Lawyer Who Became DuPont’s Worst Nightmare", 6 Jan. 2016...
There is hidden workforce of 116 million in global supply chains of fifty companies, says International Trade Union Confederation
Key findings from the report include:...
Author: Becky Dempsey, GreenBiz
More than 700 sustainability executives are set to convene next month in Arizona to discuss the trends, tools and technologies needed to move their companies toward a more sustainable future, energized by the climate goals set last month by the Paris...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: 21st Century Fox 3M Baxter International Best Buy Boeing Campbell Soup Dell Dow Chemical Facebook Gap Genentech General Motors Kimberly-Clark Land O'Lakes McDonald's McKinsey Ralph Lauren Sealed Air Siemens Sodexo Staples Starbucks Steelcase Target Tiffany VF Corp Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management