Impact & products
Our company response process encourages companies to address human rights concerns raised by civil society. Examples of our impact include cases in Cambodia, China, Dem. Rep. of Congo, Pakistan, USA, Zimbabwe and elsewhere.
See here for examples of our impact.
2. Weekly Updates: our free Weekly Updates send the top stories on business and human rights to over 16,000 subscribers worldwide, many of whom are opinion-formers. We invite companies to respond to reports that criticise their conduct, and include their responses alongside the original reports. This keeps the Updates balanced, and encourages companies to publicly address human rights concerns being raised by civil society.
Click here to find out more about the Weekly Updates and to sign up.
Click here for the archive of our past Weekly Updates, since 2005.
3. Briefing Papers – for key countries like Myanmar, key issues like internet freedom and major sporting events, plus annual briefings for all regions of the world. We seek to highlight the struggles and advances in business and human rights, and amplify the voices of advocates. See a full list of our briefings papers here.
- regional and country briefings;
- quarterly & annual Corporate Legal Accountability briefings;
- semi-annual Private Military & Security Companies bulletin;
- quarterly (now biannual) Business & Children bulletin;
- "On the Horizon - A practical bulletin on what is ahead in the field of business & human rights" (5 per year)
5. Big Issues - our website features portals on Big Issues, which bring together in one place key materials on subjects of particular interest. The following portals are currently available:
Corporate Legal Accountability - Profiles of lawsuits against companies for human rights abuse, and commentaries
Freedom of Association - The enabling right of workers and unions to advance labour rights
Conflict & Peace - Business’ role in fuelling conflict, and contributing to peace
Human rights defenders - Cases and action for human rights defenders at risk
Major sporting events - Human rights and business at the World Cup, Olympics and more
Natural resources - Abuses and advances by extractives and agri-business worldwide
Information technology - Freedom of expression, privacy and the right to protest
UN Guiding Principles - Includes implementation tools, and information on the UN Working Group
Binding treaty: Pros and cons - Global debate on a proposed UN treaty
For media coverage of our work, see here.