Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
USA: Opioids deaths lead state officials to target drug firms, following model of lawsuits against tobacco industry
Author: German Lopez, Vox (USA)
"US officials are starting to treat opioid companies like Big Tobacco — and suing them", 7 Jun 2017...
USA: Tech companies' CEOs take lead in denouncing Trump's immigration orders, other sectors largely stay silent
Author: Devika Krishna Kumar & Ross Kerber, Reuters (UK)
"RPT-Trump travel ban stirs faint corporate outcry beyond Silicon Valley", 30 Jan 2017...
- Related stories: Trump's travel ban - how is business responding?
- Related companies: Allergan Apple Bank of America Blackstone Boeing Citigroup ExxonMobil Facebook Ford General Electric General Motors Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) JPMorgan Chase Morgan Stanley Nike Starbucks Tesla Motors Uber Wells Fargo
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
“62 personas poseen la misma riqueza que la mitad de la población mundial”...
- Related companies: Allergan Alphabet Anheuser-Busch InBev Associated British Foods Bayer ExxonMobil FIFA Gap Google (part of Alphabet) Marks & Spencer Monsanto Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Pfizer Primark (part of Associated British Foods) SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Tesco
Corporate tax avoidance “is now a structural cause of growing global inequality”, says former Australian Deputy Prime Minister
Author: Wayne Swan, former Deputy Prime Minister & Treasurer of Australia, on Guardian (UK)
"Wayne Swan: Tax avoidance impoverishes us all. Fighting it requires challenging the powerful", 11 Jan 2016...
Author: Economist (UK)
"Social saints, fiscal fiends", 2 Jan 2016...
Allegations of pharmaceutical group's planned opposition to So. Africa reforms to increase access to medicines - company responses/non-responses
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In January 2014, the Innovative Pharmaceutical Association of South Africa (IPASA) was accused of planning and funding an advocacy campaign on behalf of its member companies. The campaign allegedly sought to oppose South Africa’s efforts to introduce...
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Allergan Amgen AstraZeneca Baxter International Bayer Boehringer Ingelheim Bristol-Myers Squibb Eli Lilly Galderma Johnson & Johnson Merck Merck Sharp & Dohme (part of Merck) Novartis Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Pfizer Roche Sanofi-Aventis Servier Takeda Pharmaceutical
Response by Allergan: re allegations of opposing patent reforms on access to medicines in So. Africa
- Related in-depth areas: Allegations of pharmaceutical group's planned opposition to So. Africa reforms to increase access to medicines
- This is a response from the following companies: Allergan