Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
USA: New York City files lawsuit against opioid manufacturers & distributors in relation to deadly epidemic
[Also refers to Cardinal Health, Cephalon, Endo, Watson]
Author: Office of New York City Mayor
Mayor Bill de Blasio.. announced a the City had filed a lawsuit today in New York State Supreme Court to hold manufacturers and distributors of prescription opioids to account for their part in the City’s ongoing deadly opioid epidemic. The lawsuit...
Author: J. David Goodman & William Neuman, New York Times
Mayor Bill de Blasio on Tuesday announced that New York City had filed a lawsuit against the manufacturers and distributors of opioid prescription drugs, joining a national campaign to hold the companies responsible for hundreds of millions of dollars...
- Related stories: USA: New York City files lawsuit against opioid manufacturers & distributors in relation to deadly epidemic
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Allergan AmerisourceBergen Janssen Pharmaceutica (part of Johnson & Johnson) Johnson & Johnson McKesson Purdue Pharma Teva Pharmaceutical
USA: Opioids deaths lead state officials to target drug firms, following model of lawsuits against tobacco industry
Author: German Lopez, Vox (USA)
"US officials are starting to treat opioid companies like Big Tobacco — and suing them", 7 Jun 2017...
USA: Tech companies' CEOs take lead in denouncing Trump's immigration orders, other sectors largely stay silent
Author: Devika Krishna Kumar & Ross Kerber, Reuters (UK)
"RPT-Trump travel ban stirs faint corporate outcry beyond Silicon Valley", 30 Jan 2017...
- Related stories: Trump's travel ban - how is business responding?
- Related companies: Allergan Apple Bank of America Blackstone Boeing Citigroup ExxonMobil Facebook Ford General Electric General Motors Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) JPMorgan Chase Morgan Stanley Nike Starbucks Tesla Motors Uber Wells Fargo
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
“62 personas poseen la misma riqueza que la mitad de la población mundial”...
- Related companies: Allergan Alphabet Anheuser-Busch InBev Associated British Foods Bayer ExxonMobil FIFA Gap Google (part of Alphabet) Marks & Spencer Monsanto Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Pfizer Primark (part of Associated British Foods) SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Tesco
Corporate tax avoidance “is now a structural cause of growing global inequality”, says former Australian Deputy Prime Minister
Author: Wayne Swan, former Deputy Prime Minister & Treasurer of Australia, on Guardian (UK)
"Wayne Swan: Tax avoidance impoverishes us all. Fighting it requires challenging the powerful", 11 Jan 2016...