Headquarters in USA
USA: Transgender woman & husband sue Amazon over alleged workplace harassment & physical threats in Kentucky warehouse
"Amazon Sued by Transgender Woman, Husband For Workplace Harassment”, 10 Aug 2017...
"Amazon China partner tells user to stop using illegal VPNs", 2 Aug 2017...
- Related stories: China: Apple pulls down VPN apps that beat censorship from Chinese App Store, company says they do not meet new legal requirements
- Related companies: Amazon.com Apple
China: Apple pulls down VPN apps that beat censorship from Chinese App Store, company says they do not meet new legal requirements
"…Apple pulled down several VPN apps — programs that allow iPhone users to bypass the Chinese government’s censorship apparatus — from its Chinese App Store…Apple’s only public statement on the VPN ban said that the company had been “required to...
Author: Farhad Manjoo, New York Times
…Apple pulled down several VPN apps — programs that allow iPhone users to bypass the Chinese government’s censorship apparatus — from its Chinese App Store…Apple’s only public statement on the VPN ban said that the company had been “required to remove...
USA: 15 tech cos. speak up on transgender rights, urge governor of Texas not to pass "discriminatory" legislation
Author: Tom Regan, Engadget
"Apple, Facebook and Google condemn Texas transgender bill", 29 May 2017...
Author: Daniel Victor, The New York Times (USA)
Soon after President Trump announced that the United States would back out of the Paris climate accord, several large companies based in the United States that had supported the international pact said they were disappointed by the decision and would...
- Related stories: Members of US business org. IECA disagree with its stance against Paris Agreement USA to withdraw from Paris climate agreement
- Related companies: Amazon.com Apple Cargill Facebook General Electric Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) IBM Microsoft Peabody Energy Tesla Motors Twitter Uber Walt Disney
Author: Katie Allen, The Guardian (UK)
Companies in Britain's growing gig economy are forcing workers into bogus self-employment and free-riding on the welfare state, an influential committee of MPs has said. In a damning assessment of modern employment practices, the parliamentary work...
Author: Jon Miller & Lucy Parker in Brunswick Review: spotlight on business & society, Brunswick Group (UK)
"Terms of the social contract", Apr 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk Airbnb Amazon.com eBay Facebook H&M Intel Maersk (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) PayPal (part of eBay) Starbucks Tesla Motors Uber United States Steel
China: Executives say complaining may have led to China's relenting on tougher internet security rules
Author: Sui-Lee Wee, New York Times (USA)
"As Zeal for China Dims, Global Companies Complain More Boldly", 19 Apr 2017...
- Related stories: China: Foreign tech firms raise concerns on new anti-terror law, which requires them to decrypt information
- Related companies: Alibaba.com Amazon.com Microsoft Qualcomm