Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Human Rights Defenders act as a form of unpaid due dilligence for companies, so it makes sense to defend them, says Duncan Green
Author: Duncan Green, strategic adviser for Oxfam GB and author of ‘From Poverty to Power’
"Why/how should corporates defend civil society space? Good new paper + case studies", 19 Oct 2016...
- Related stories: New report examines the role of businesses in protecting civic space Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Anglo American Leber Jeweler
Fossil fuel co.s respond to petition with Philippines Human Rights Commission on human rights & climate change impacts
Greenpeace, disaster survivors, and community organisations from the Philippines submitted a complaint to the Commission on Human Rights of the Philippines (CHR) against 47 large fossil fuel companies for "human-induced climate change" that ...
Author: Anglo American
- Related stories: Fossil fuel co.s respond to petition with Philippines Human Rights Commission on human rights & climate change impacts
- This is a response from the following companies: Anglo American
Author: Pete Lewis, GroundUp (South Africa)
"Setback for gold miners’ silicosis claims", 22 Sep 2016...
So. Africa: Mining companies oppose govt. proposed community revenue share; NGOs say proposal fair for communities
Author: Paul Vecchiatto, Bloomberg (USA)
"S. Africa, Mines Fight Over Proposed Community Revenue Share", 29 Aug 2016...
“Solicitan investigación por derrame de relave minero de Collahuasi”...
- Related in-depth areas: Recursos naturales
- Related companies: Anglo American Collahuasi (joint venture of Anglo American, Glencore & Japan Collahuasi Resources, part of Mitsui & Co.) Glencore Mitsui Mining
Philippines: World’s largest carbon producers ordered to respond to complaint alleging human rights abuses from climate change
In September 2015, civil society groups and typhoon survivors brought a complaint before the Commission of Human Rights of the Philippines calling for an investigation into the responsibility of big fossil fuel companies for fuelling climate change...