Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: El Espectador
“Cerrejón acepta hacer consulta previa por el desvío del arroyo Bruno”- 21 de enero...
Study reveals low level of human rights performance disclosure in mining, energy & financial sectors
Author: Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) & Centro Vincular-PUCV
“Shining a light on human rights: corporate human rights performance disclosure in the mining, energy and financial sectors”, 7 December 2016...
Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin: Corporate legal accountability & haze in Indonesia
Author: Anglo American Platinum
...[We] have considered and taken on board many of the issues raised, and are seeking to address them where this is feasible... [Both] Anglo American Platinum as a whole and the Twickenham Project specifically, have put substantial effort into...
- Related stories: So. Africa: In displacement for Anglo Platinum's Twickenham mine, communities did not give informed consent, company has not met its commitments, says NGO report
- This is a response from the following companies: Anglo American
Philippines: Company responses to Commission on Human Rights petition fail to address fossil fuel companies' responsibility for climate change impacts on human rights
Author: Megan Darby, Climate Home
"Carbon majors respond to climate and human rights inquiry," 27 Oct 2016...
Human Rights Defenders act as a form of unpaid due dilligence for companies, so it makes sense to defend them, says Duncan Green
Author: Duncan Green, strategic adviser for Oxfam GB and author of ‘From Poverty to Power’
"Why/how should corporates defend civil society space? Good new paper + case studies", 19 Oct 2016...
- Related stories: New report examines the role of businesses in protecting civic space Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Anglo American Leber Jeweler