Headquarters in Luxembourg
Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing - Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This year’s Annual Briefing highlights the rising impunity of companies’ involvement in human rights abuse...Unscrupulous companies are increasingly targeting activists, using the justice system to hold them accountable, with repression and lawsuits. ...
- Related stories: New briefing on legal accountability: Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefings Latest Legal News
- Related companies: adidas Arcelor Mittal Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chiquita ConocoPhillips DJ Houghton Dow Chemical Drummond Eternit (Switzerland) ExxonMobil Ford Kappes, Cassiday & Associates KiK Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LafargeHolcim Lahmeyer Mineral Commodities (MRC) Natural Fruit Nestlé Nevsun RWE Shell Socfin Tiffany Titan Cement Trafigura Beheer Union Carbide (part of Dow) Villaggio Mall Vinci
Author: Dillip Satapathy, Business Standard
It’s official now that South Korean steel major Posco has scrapped the plan to set up a 12-million tonne (mt) steel mill in Paradip, Odisha. It has written to the state government that it wants to surrender the land allotted for the project...Though...
- Related stories: India: Amid resistance from communities, POSCO offers to surrender land acquired for $12-billion steel project
- Related companies: Arcelor Mittal Posco
ArcelorMittal did not respond to Publish What You Pay-US's call for EITI companies to issue statements regarding the repeal of transparency regulations under US Dodd-Frank Act section 1504.
- Related stories: Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 13 firms
- This is a non response from the following companies: Arcelor Mittal
Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 13 firms
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre has invited 30 companies to respond to an open letter by Publish What You Pay coalitions and several of their member NGOs. The letter urges the 30 companies to issue statements in support of disclosure by...
Author: Tengrinews (Kazakhstan)
"Трое шахтеров погибли в Караганде"...
- Related companies: Arcelor Mittal
Author: Corporate Europe Observatory
The news that José Manuel Barroso will become non-executive chairman at Goldman Sachs did not exactly come as a surprise. This is a man who presided over the European Commission for 10 years and, from the beginning, his leadership followed a corporate...
- Related stories: Ex-European Commission President becomes Golden Sachs chairman, raising concerns over corporate influence in EU
- Related companies: Arcelor Mittal Salesforce.com Uber
Author: Observatorio de Conflictos Mineros de América Latina OCMAL
“Nueva publicación de OCMAL: ‘Conflictos mineros en América Latina: Extracción, saqueo y agresión. Estado de situación en 2015’”...
- Related in-depth areas: Recursos naturales
- Related companies: Anglo American Arcelor Mittal Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) China Minmetals Codelco Glencore Grupo Antofagasta Minerals (part of Grupo Luksic) Grupo Luksic Grupo Sacyr Vallehermoso Hess Corporation Las Bambas (part of MMG) Minera Aratirí (part of Zamin Ferrous Group) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) OceanaGold Pacific Rim Mining Pan American Silver Petrobras Samarco (joint venture BHP Billiton and Vale) Triton Energy (part of Amerada Hess) Vale Zamin Ferrous Group