Asics website: http://www.asics.com
Author: Belga, Sudinfo.be
L’enseigne de prêt-à-porter irlandaise Primark a publié la liste de ses plus de 1.000 fournisseurs, répartis dans 31 pays à travers le monde, se réjouit jeudi la plateforme Achact, qui vise à améliorer les conditions de travail des ouvriers du textile...
- Related stories: Primark publie les noms et des informations sur ses 1000 fournisseurs, des ONGs l'encouragent à également signer le Pacte pour la Transparence
- Related companies: adidas Asics C&A Esprit G-Star Raw Gap H&M Levi Strauss Marks & Spencer New Look Nike Patagonia Pentland Group Primark (part of Associated British Foods)
ASN Bank methodology for monitoring wages of garment industry workers showcases meaningful social impact assessment
Author: Karen Maas & Marjelle Oosterling-Vermeulen, Impact Centre Erasmus, and Hansje van der Zwaan-Plagman & Charlotte Scheltus, ASN Bank
"Garment companies and living wage: Sustainable investment and social impact measurement: The case study of ASN Bank," 14 Nov 2016...
Author: Kate O'Keeffe & Sun Narin, Wall Street Journal
Lim Loeung says she spends up to 80 hours a week...at a factory that does work for companies including...Asics Corp...The factory believes Ms. Lim is at least 18 years old...According to her parents and her birth record, Ms. Lim soon will turn 15. Ms...
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
The families of two workers killed when the roof of the Wing Star factory collapsed in May received compensation from the factory owner and the sole buyer, sportswear brand ASICS…The compensation sought for loss of earnings and pain and suffering for...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Asics pays union-agreed compensation to factory collapse victims
- Related companies: Asics Wing Star Shoes
Cambodia is backsliding in efforts to improve working conditions in its garment industry, the International Labour Organisation said yesterday, following a series of strikes at factories producing western-brand clothing. The kingdom is failing to make...
- Related stories: Cambodia backsliding in efforts to improve working conditions in its garments industry, says ILO
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association
- Related companies: Asics
Author: Shane Worrell, Phnom Penh Post (Cambodia)
Japanese footwear company Asics has agreed to pay the families of two factory workers killed in the Wing Star shoes ceiling collapse on May 16 an undisclosed but “sizeable” amount of compensation, the company and labour groups said...While announcing...
- Related companies: Asics
Author: Sopheng Cheang, Associated Press
The ceiling of a Cambodian factory that makes Asics sneakers collapsed on workers…killing two people and injuring seven...About 50 workers were inside the factory south of Phnom Penh…An initial investigation showed the ceiling that collapsed was...
[PDF] The UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and the human rights of workers to form or join trade unions and to bargain collectively
Author: Intl. Trade Union Confederation (ITUC CSI IGB), IndustriALL Global Union, Clean Clothes Campaign, UNI Global Union
The right to join or form a trade union and the right to bargain collectively are established human rights falling within the scope of almost every business enterprise in almost every situation or context...Business responsibility with respect to...
- Related stories: Paper on UN Guiding Principles & workers' rights, by intl. unions & NGO
- Related in-depth areas: Labour Latest news on freedom of association Practical guidance Supply chain
- Related companies: adidas Asics Berkshire Hathaway Compagnie Mauricienne de Textile (CMT) GDF Suez (now Engie) New Balance Nike Puma Russell (part of Berkshire Hathaway)