Associated British Foods
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Food and beverage companies face the risk of forced labor in countries where they obtain sugarcane but most fall short in efforts to tackle the problem that threatens millions of workers, according to a study [by KnowTheChain (KTC)]...Sugarcane...can...
KnowTheChain case study: How food and beverage companies tackle forced labour risks in sugar supply chains
This case study assesses how a sample of 10 chocolate and confectionary manufacturers, beverage companies, and sugar producers address forced labour risks in their sugarcane supply chains....
Bangladesh Accord extended three years, strengthens protections of union organisation, health & safety protections of garment workers
Author: Garrett Brown, ScienceBlogs
"Bangladesh Accord extended three years - worker protections strengthened, proponents promote an 'alternative to standard CSR programs'", 18 Jul 2017...
- Related stories: 2 agreements to improve safety in Bangladesh garment factories launched this week: "Accord on Fire and Building Safety" and "Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety"
- Related companies: Associated British Foods C&A H&M Inditex KiK Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Tchibo
Author: Beth Wright, Just-Style
As part of its commitment to responsible sourcing, US department store retailer Target Corp has embarked on an 18-month project in northern India, aimed at tackling forced labour in its supply chain. The project invites migrant workers from eight...
Business human rights responsibility for refugees & migrant workers: Turning policies into practice in the Middle East
Author: Samentha Goethals, Joseph Bardwell, Mariam Bhacker, & Bahaa Ezzelarab, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in Business & Human Rights Journal
...Our focus in this piece is to consider how companies have been implementing their human rights responsibility to address the risks and challenges faced by refugees and migrant workers in the Middle East, a region that is currently experiencing...
- Related in-depth areas: Construction firms & migrant workers in Qatar and UAE Syrian refugees: Abuse & exploitation in Turkish garment factories
- Related companies: Al Balagh Trading & Contracting Al Jaber Group Arcadia Group ASOS Associated British Foods BAM International (part of Royal BAM) Burberry C&A Esprit FIFA Gap Gerry Weber H&M HBK Contracting Company Inditex J&P Avax SA J.C. Penney Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) KiK Larsen & Toubro LC Waikiki Lidl Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mexx (part of Liz Claiborne) Midmac Mothercare New Look New Yorker Next OHL Otto Porr Primark (part of Associated British Foods) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Royal BAM s.Oliver Sainsbury's SuperGroup Tchibo Tesco VF Corp Walmart White Stuff
Author: Michelle Russell & Ben Wright, just-style (UK)
“Rana Plaza four years on – Timelines of change”, 21 Apr 2017...
- Related stories: 4 years on from Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - some progress but a lot still to be done
- Related companies: adidas Associated British Foods Auchan Benetton C&A Esprit Gap H&M Inditex KiK Levi Strauss Marks & Spencer Matalan Nike Otto Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Tesco VF Corp Walmart