Headquarters in USA
Commentary: US businesses increasingly taking a stand on social issues in response to public pressure
Author: Derek Thompson, The Atlantic
"Why are corporations finally turning against the NRA?" 26 February 2018...
... The social media-fueled campaign has already led a range of corporations, from a major insurer to three car rental brands, to severe their relationships with the NRA gun rights advocacy group. Amazon.com and other online streaming platforms are...
Author: Ethical Corporation
"Rise of the robots", Jan 2018...
Author: Desastre (México)
“Estas son las mejores empresas para trabajar si eres LGBT en México”, 6 de diciembre de 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Pasos positivos
- Related companies: Accenture American Express AT&T Banamex (part of Citigroup) Berkshire Hathaway Cinépolis CompuCom Dow Chemical Edelman EY (Ernst & Young) Ford General Electric Google México (part of Alphabet) Herman Miller IBM JPMorgan Chase Kellogg MasterCard Nielsen PayPal (part of eBay) Pemex PepsiCo Pfizer Procter & Gamble SAP Scotiabank Sodexo TE Connectivity The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Uber Unilever
New report calls on internet cos. to do more to fight terrorist incitement & disinformation in line with responsibility to uphold human rights
Author: NYU Stern Center for Business and Human Rights & World Economic Forum
"Harmful Content: The Role of Internet Platform Companies in Fighting Terrorist Incitement and Politically Motivated Disinformation", Nov 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Alphabet AT&T Bing (part of Microsoft) Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Jigsaw (part of Robinson Webster Holdings) Johnson & Johnson LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Microsoft PepsiCo Robinson Webster Signal International Skype (part of Microsoft) Twitter Walmart Whatsapp (part of Facebook) YouTube (part of Alphabet)
Author: Katie Kuehner-Hebert, Chief Executive
"Improving Emissions Targets: 'If Trump Won't Do It, We Will,' CEOs Say", 28 Oct 2017...
2017 Corporate Accountability Index on digital rights reveals cos. do not disclose enough information to users
Author: Ranking Digital Rights (USA)
"Ranking Digital Rights: 2017 Corporate Accountability Index", 20 Sep 2017...
- Related stories: Ranking Digital Rights: Internet & telecommunications companies ranked on freedom of expression & privacy
- Related in-depth areas: Digital freedom Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Alphabet América Movil Apple AT&T Axiata Baidu Bharti Airtel Etisalat Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Kakao Corp Mail.ru Microsoft MTN Ooredoo Orange Samsung Telefónica Tencent Twitter Verizon Vodafone Yahoo! (part of Verizon)