Headquarters in United Kingdom
Boston Common Asset Management & investor coalition call on world's largest banks to release more robust climate-related disclosure
Author: Lauren Compere, Huffington Post
"Making climate change banks' business", 19 September 2017...
Author: Mark Kleinman, Sky News, Published on: 5 October 2017...
Author: Gerrit Hansen (Germanwatch)
"Verkehrte grüne Finanzwelt", Juli 2017...
- Related stories: G20 Erklärung der Staats- und Regierungschefs bekennt sich trotz US-Rückzug zum Pariser Klimaabkommen; jetzt muss Umsetzung folgen
- Related companies: Barclays PepsiCo Santander Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Tata Steel (see Tata Iron and Steel) UBS Unilever
Author: Fiona Harvey, The Guardian (UK)
Some of the world's top banks are continuing to lend tens of billions for extracting the most carbon-intensive fossil fuels, according to a report of top lenders [by Rainforest Action Network, Banktrack, Sierra Club, Oilchange International.]...The...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Agricultural Bank of China ANZ Bank Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) China Construction Bank Citigroup Commonwealth Bank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Goldman Sachs HSBC Industrial & Commercial Bank of China ING Bank JPMorgan Chase Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley National Australia Bank Natixis PNC Financial Services Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Santander SMBC Nikko Securities Société Générale Standard Chartered Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS UniCredit Bulbank Wells Fargo Westpac
Norway's sovereign wealth fund will ask banks in which it has invested to disclose how their lending contributes to greenhouse gas emissions
Author: Gwladys Fouche, Thomson Reuters Foundation
Norway's $960 billion sovereign wealth fund will ask the banks in which it has invested to disclose how their lending contributes to greenhouse gas emissions, its chief executive told Reuters on Friday. The world's largest wealth fund...has in the...
Author: Marina Fabre, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Le patron de Barclays s’excuse d’avoir traqué un lanceur d’alerte », 12 mai 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos sur les défenseurs des droits de l'homme
- Related companies: Barclays
Financial reporting by EU's biggest banks reveals tax avoidance, depriving poor countries of income, says Oxfam
Thun Group of Banks releases new Discussion Paper on implications of UN Guiding Principles for corporate & investment banking; commentaries provided
The Thun Group of Banks's new Discussion Paper aims to gain further understanding of how the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights should be applied in the banking sector. ...