Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Spain
Financial reporting by EU's biggest banks reveals tax avoidance, depriving poor countries of income, says Oxfam
Thun Group of Banks releases new Discussion Paper on implications of UN Guiding Principles for corporate & investment banking; commentaries provided
The Thun Group of Banks's new Discussion Paper aims to gain further understanding of how the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights should be applied in the banking sector. ...
Report links financial sector to human rights abuses of asylum-seekers in Australia's offshore detention centres
Ferrovial could be liable for crimes against humanity over conditions in Australia’s refugee camps in Papua New Guinea; incl. company comments
Author: Ben Doherty & Patrick Kingsley, Guardian (UK)
"Refugee camp company in Australia 'liable for crimes against humanity'", 25 Jul 2016...
- Related stories: Report links financial sector to human rights abuses of asylum-seekers in Australia's offshore detention centres
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Banco Popular Banco Sabadell Bank of America Bankinter Barclays BBVA BNP Paribas Citigroup Crédit Agricole Deutsche Bank Ferrovial HSBC Intesa Sanpaolo JPMorgan Chase Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley Royal Bank of Scotland Santander Société Générale
Banktrack presents human rights abuses’ allegations by Drummond in Colombia to 7 banks providing finance to the coal company; only 2 disclose any action taken in response
In its second Human Rights Impact Assessment briefing, Banktrack contacted seven banks that provided loans to coal company Drummond. The Dutch peace movement PAX has investigated reports of links between violence in Colombia and mining companies...
Donation to benefit UNHCR, Médecins Sans Frontières: 500.000€...
- Related stories: How are companies responding to the refugee crisis in Europe?
- Related companies: BBVA
Author: Miguel Ángel Pallares, El Universal (México)
Gigantes multinacionales como Walmart, BBVA Bancomer, McDonald’s y Domino’s Pizza pagan desde 15.3 pesos la hora laboral en México, equivalente a salarios quincenales desde mil 200 pesos…y en contraste generan…utilidades que ascienden a los 30 mil...
- Related stories: México: Investigación periodística revela graves abusos de derechos laborales en Walmart; la empresa asegura cumplir con la ley
- Related companies: BBVA Domino's Pizza McDonald's