Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Australia
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Deanna KEMP, John R OWEN, Business and Human Rights Journal, Volume 2, Issue 1
As indigenous peoples have sought recognition of their individual and collective rights, the topic of free prior and informed consent (FPIC) has been pushed to the forefront of debates about resource development…The relevance of FPIC to mining is...
Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 13 firms
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre has invited 30 companies to respond to an open letter by Publish What You Pay coalitions and several of their member NGOs. The letter urges the 30 companies to issue statements in support of disclosure by...
"Minería: Flujos financieros ilícitos en los países andinos": La Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL) publicó hace poco un estudio donde analiza cómo las empresas del sector minero en los países andinos usan diversas técnicas de...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Recursos Naturales
- Related companies: BHP Billiton Cerro Matoso (part of BHP Billiton) China Railway Construction Empresa Nacional de Minería (ENAMI-EP) Glencore IamGold Kinross Gold KPMG Rio Blanco Copper (part of Xiamen Zijin Tongguan Investment Development Corporation, part of Zijin Mining Group, Tongling Non-Ferrous Metals Group Holding Co. Ltd. y Xiamen C&D Coperation Ltd.) Zijin
Author: BHP Billiton
“BHP Billiton is aware of on-going developments around the Congressional Review Act now being considered by US Congress and we are in discussion with relevant Washington stakeholders on this matter....
- Related stories: Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 12 firms
- This is a response from the following companies: BHP Billiton
Author: [opinion] Isabel Munilla, senior policy advisor for extractive industries - Oxfam America, in The Hill (USA)
...[You] might find it perplexing that scrapping an anti-corruption law is at the top of the congressional to-do list in Washington. But Congress will seek to do just that this week by voting to roll back rules to implement the landmark bipartisan...
- Related stories: Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 12 firms US Congress undoes Dodd-Frank regulations on extractive industry revenue transparency
- Related companies: BHP Billiton BNP Paribas BP Chevron ExxonMobil Gazprom Glencore ING Kosmos Energy Rio Tinto Rosneft Shell UBS
Author: Financial Accountability & Corporate Transparency Coalition
“Letter to House Urging Lawmakers to Oppose Efforts to Overturn the Bipartisan Cardin-Lugar Anti-Corruption Measure”, 26 January 2017...
- Related stories: US Congress introduces bill to undo Dodd-Frank regulations requiring oil, gas & mining firms to disclose payments to govts. USA: Civil society orgs. oppose deregulation efforts, in particular dismantling of Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform & Consumer Protection Act
- Related companies: BHP Billiton BP Shell Tullow Oil
Author: El Espectador
“Cerrejón acepta hacer consulta previa por el desvío del arroyo Bruno”- 21 de enero...