Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Germany
The future of energy: As business commitments to renewable energy increase, so must the sector's respect for human rights
Author: Jim McClelland, Times (UK)
"The energy sector post-Paris", 2 Mar 2017...
Author: Business & Sustainable Development Commission
"Better Business, Better World", January 2017...
- Related stories: The role of business in implementing the UN Sustainable Development Goals - new reports World Economic Forum Annual Meeting Davos 2017: Businesses need to use their influence to stand up for human rights
- Related companies: Abraaj Capital Aviva BMW Enel Ericsson Mars MAS Holdings Merck Nissan Telefónica Unilever Vodafone
Tracking human rights violations & environmental impacts in lithium batteries supply chains in China, DRC & So. America
This series of stories in the Washington Post found that the manufacture of lithium-ion batteries - the power source for smartphones, laptops and electric cars - is linked to human rights abuses and environmental pollution in cobalt mines in Congo,...
South Korea has banned the sale of 10 models of Nissan, BMW and Porsche vehicles after the carmakers were found to have fabricated certification documents, in the latest fallout from the Volkswagen emissions scandal. The government announced in August...
Germany: Companies pull advertising from rightwing US website Breitbart after criticism by social media campaign
Author: Associated Press
Several large German companies, including carmaker BMW, have pulled their ads from U.S.-based news and opinion website Breitbart due to concerns about its content, following a similar move by cereal maker Kellogg's. The German boycott was spurred by a...
- Related stories: Companies denounce rightwing US website Breitbart after criticism
- Related companies: BMW Deutsche Telekom O2 (part of Telefónica)
Author: Thomson Reuters (UK)
Thomson Reuters Launches D&I Index - Reveals Top 100 Most Diverse & Inclusive Organizations Globally...
- Related companies: 3M ABB Abbott Laboratories Abengoa Accenture Acciona Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Allianz Assicurazioni Generali Avon Ayala Bank of Montreal BASF Baxter International Bayer BMW BNP Paribas Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco CA Technologies Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canon Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox Colgate-Palmolive CSL Daiichi Sankyo Daimler Danone Deutsche Post Diageo Dior (part of LVMH) Dow Chemical DuPont EDF EDP (Energias de Portugal) Eli Lilly Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Ferrovial Fletcher Construction Foschini Gap Henkel Hormel HP (Hewlett-Packard) Infosys ING Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Kao Kering Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) L'Oreal LVMH Macy's Medtronic Merck Michelin Microsoft Morgan Stanley Natura Nedbank Nestlé Nokia Novartis Procter & Gamble PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Qantas Airways Roche Samsung Shiseido Société Générale Telefónica Telekom Malaysia Telstra Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters UBS Unilever Xerox YUM!
Investigations highlighted incidences of child labour, debt-bondage and unsafe work conditions mica mines of various indian states. Many of these mines are reported to be operating without licenses. The mica sourced from some of these mines is...