Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Germany
Author: Amnesty International UK
"Electric cars: Running on child labour," 30 Sept 2016...
Author: BMW, Daimler, Fiat Chrysler & Volkswagen
[Also refers to LG Chem, Samsung, and Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt.]
- Related stories: Amnesty Intl. finds cobalt in electric car batteries are mined using child labour; company responses included
- Related companies: BMW Daimler Fiat Chrysler Volkswagen
Author: Thomson Reuters (UK)
Thomson Reuters Launches D&I Index - Reveals Top 100 Most Diverse & Inclusive Organizations Globally...
- Related companies: 3M ABB Abbott Laboratories Abengoa Accenture Acciona Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Allianz Assicurazioni Generali Avon Ayala Bank of Montreal BASF Baxter International Bayer BMW BNP Paribas Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco CA Technologies Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canon Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox Colgate-Palmolive CSL Daiichi Sankyo Daimler Danone Deutsche Post Diageo Dior (part of LVMH) Dow Chemical DuPont EDF EDP (Energias de Portugal) Eli Lilly Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Ferrovial Fletcher Construction Foschini Gap Henkel Hormel HP (Hewlett-Packard) Infosys ING Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Kao Kering Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) L'Oreal LVMH Macy's Medtronic Merck Michelin Microsoft Morgan Stanley Natura Nedbank Nestlé Nokia Novartis Procter & Gamble PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Qantas Airways Roche Samsung Shiseido Société Générale Telefónica Telekom Malaysia Telstra Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters UBS Unilever Xerox YUM!
Investigations highlighted incidences of child labour, debt-bondage and unsafe work conditions mica mines of various indian states. Many of these mines are reported to be operating without licenses. The mica sourced from some of these mines is...
Paint used by car makers linked to illegal mines in India reliant on child labour and debt bondage, company responses included
Author: Peter Bentsen & Annie Kelly, Guardian [UK]
"Vauxhall and BMW among car firms linked to child labour over glittery mica paint", 28 July 2016...
Author: Religious Freedom & Business Foundation
"Business can help ease global religious tensions, UN Global Forum," 5 May 2016...
Author: Facing Finance
"Dirty Profits 4: Report on Companies and Financial Institutions Benefitting from Violations of Human Rights," 16 Feb 2016...
- Related stories: Facing Finance report investigates abuses by 20 companies & ties to financial institutions
- Related companies: Airbus (part of EADS) Allianz Alstom Anglo American Audi (part of Volkswagen) BHP Billiton BMW China Gold International Resources Coca-Cola Daewoo International (part of Posco) Deutsche Bank EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) ExxonMobil Grupo México HeidelbergCement HSBC Inditex Lockheed Martin Motorola Nestlé Pfizer Posco Rheinmetall Rolls-Royce plc Samarco (joint venture BHP Billiton and Vale) Sanofi Syngenta Total Vale Vanguard Verizon Volkswagen Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: Rachel Tansey, Open Democracy UK
"Looking back at the corporate circus inside COP21", 12 Jan 2016...
- Related stories: Civil society & business reactions to Paris climate agreement
- Related companies: BMW BNP Paribas BP Caterpillar Chevron ConocoPhillips Dow Chemical EDF Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) ExxonMobil Ford LafargeHolcim McDonald's Monsanto Nestlé Pfizer Shell Statoil Total Vattenfall Volkswagen
Author: Emma Howard, Guardian (UK)
"£352bn investors' coalition launched to push for clean energÿ", 9 Dec 2015...