Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners)
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Bangladesh: Ahead of Rana Plaza building collapse's 2nd anniversary, stakeholders urge to contribute to the compensation fund
Bangladesh: Matalan chooses not to donate to ILO-backed Rana Plaza compensation fund; says it has funded another scheme
Author: Guardian (UK)
"Matalan fails to contribute to Rana Plaza trust fund as deadline looms", 28 Jul 2014...
- Related in-depth areas: Rana Plaza building collapse, April 2013 The Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - one year on
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods Benetton Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) C&A Debenhams Gap H&M Inditex Loblaw Companies Mango Matalan Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sun Capital Partners Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
The following brands have yet to publicly commit to the Rana Plaza Donors Trust Fund despite having had links to a factory in the building Adler Modemärkte, Kids for Fashion, Ascena Retail, Manifattura Corona, Auchan, Matalan, Benetton, NKD, Carrefour...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Survivors and families of victims of Rana Plaza building collapse began receiving compensation
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods Auchan Benetton Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) Carrefour Cato Children's Place Corona El Corte Inglés Inditex J.C. Penney KiK Loblaw Companies Mango Matalan Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sun Capital Partners Walmart Zee
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
Bonmarche (UK) and Camaieu (France)...confirmed...contributions, which will be used to cover claims for losses made by survivors of the Rana Plaza disaster and by the families of those killed under a process known as the Arrangement. Camaieu and...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Labour rights organizations launch online petition calling on brands to pay compensation before anniversary of Rana Plaza building collapse
- Related companies: Associated British Foods Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) El Corte Inglés Loblaw Companies Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sun Capital Partners
Author: Jim Yardley, New York Times
Compensating the victims has been an especially complicated issue, involving months of negotiations among clothing companies, labor groups, Bangladesh’s government and Bangladeshi factory owners. Those negotiations produced the Rana Plaza Donors Trust...
Author: Steven Greenhouse, New York Times
Eight months after the Rana Plaza factory building collapsed in Bangladesh, killing more than 1,100 workers and leaving hundreds of families bereft and financially adrift, several prominent retailers and labor groups have joined with the Bangladesh...
Bangladesh: Rana Plaza garment factory building collapse - media coverage, commentaries, company responses
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Compilation of coverage, commentaries on the collapse of the Rana Plaza garment factory building, 24 April 2013, in which over 1,100 people died. The building housed Phantom Apparels Ltd., New Wave Style Ltd and New Wave Brothers Ltd, which supplied...
- Related stories: La Red Internal. de Derechos Humanos destaca casos de abusos por parte de empresas en sus consideraciones para el 2do. foro de la ONU sobre empresas y derechos humanos
- Related companies: Benetton Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) C&A Cato Children's Place Dress Barn Joe Fresh (part of Loblaw Companies) KiK Mango Next Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sun European Partners (part of Sun Capital Partners) Walmart
Author: Huma Qureshi & Rebecca Smithers, Guardian [UK]
...The report, “Let's Clean Up Fashion: the State of Pay Behind the UK High Street”, published by sweatshop campaigning group Labour Behind the Label, criticised UK retailers for having "no coherent strategy" to ensure hundreds of thousands of workers...
- Related stories: Labour Behind the Label report says high street retailers in UK failing to ensure living wage for workers in Asia
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) BHS Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) Burberry Clarks Debenhams Ethel Austin French Connection Gap House of Fraser John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) Laura Ashley Levi Strauss Marks & Spencer Matalan Monsoon Accessorize New Look Next Peacocks (part of EWM Group) Primark (part of Associated British Foods) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Sainsbury's Tesco Topshop (part of Arcadia)