Broadspectrum (formerly Transfield Services)
Headquarters in Australia
Transfield Services rebranded in October 2015 to become Broadspectrum.
Australia Institute urges Norges Bank to divest from offshore centres over alleged arbitrary detention & human rights abuse of asylum seekers & refugees
Norges Bank refers ownership of Ferrovial to ethics panel for acquiring controversial dentention centre operator Broadspectrum
Author: Daniel Brooksbank, Responsible Investor (UK)
“Norges Bank refers its ownership of Spanish infra firm Ferrovial to ethics panel,” 28 Nov 2016...
Report: Ill-treatment of asylum seekers in offshore immigration camps makes Norges Bank’s investment in Ferrovial & Broadspectrum risky
Author: Brynn O’Brien, Australia Institute
“Companies and the Australian immigration detention system: Profiting from human rights abuse,” November 2016...
Broadspectrum indicated that Ferrovial responded to the report on behalf of their group.
- Related stories: Australia Institute urges Norges Bank to divest from offshore centres over alleged arbitrary detention & human rights abuse of asylum seekers & refugees
- This is a response from the following companies: Broadspectrum (formerly Transfield Services)
Norwegian oil fund challenged to divest from company linked to abuses at Australian detention centres
Author: Tsvetana Paraskova, Oilprice.com
“Will Norway’s Oil Fund Pull Out Of Company Running Controversial Refugee Camps?”, 12 September 2016...
Author: Amy Sinclair, Australian Lawyers for Human Rights, on Guardian (UK)
Leading civil society and business groups have independently released key reports on Australia’s compliance with international corporate human rights standards this month...[T]he Australian Human Rights Commission and Global Compact Network Australia...
- Related stories: Australia: Civil society urges govt. to develop Natl. Action Plan on business & human rights
- Related companies: BHP Billiton Broadspectrum (formerly Transfield Services) Rip Curl
Report links financial sector to human rights abuses of asylum-seekers in Australia's offshore detention centres
Australia: Rights groups warn Ferrovial about risks of acquiring Broadspectrum due to potential liability for detention camp abuses
Author: Human Rights Law Centre
"Rights groups warn investors of the risks of Ferrovial’s bid for Australia’s offshore detention contractor", 8 Mar 2016...
European pension funds begin to consider companies' treatment of refugees & asylum seekers in investment decisions
Author: Judith Evans, Financial Times (UK)
"Migrant crisis on pension funds’ radar", 1 Nov 2015...
- Related stories: Europe refugee crisis: Businesses take steps to offer support while others are accused of contributing to anti-refugee sentiment
- Related companies: Alliance Trust Broadspectrum (formerly Transfield Services) G4S GEO Group Mitie Nordea Bank Serco Transfield Services (now Broadspectrum)