Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Business human rights responsibility for refugees & migrant workers: Turning policies into practice in the Middle East
Author: Samentha Goethals, Joseph Bardwell, Mariam Bhacker, & Bahaa Ezzelarab, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in Business & Human Rights Journal
...Our focus in this piece is to consider how companies have been implementing their human rights responsibility to address the risks and challenges faced by refugees and migrant workers in the Middle East, a region that is currently experiencing...
- Related in-depth areas: Construction firms & migrant workers in Qatar and UAE Syrian refugees: Abuse & exploitation in Turkish garment factories
- Related companies: Al Balagh Trading & Contracting Al Jaber Group Arcadia Group ASOS Associated British Foods BAM International (part of Royal BAM) Burberry C&A Esprit FIFA Gap Gerry Weber H&M HBK Contracting Company Inditex J&P Avax SA J.C. Penney Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) KiK Larsen & Toubro LC Waikiki Lidl Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mexx (part of Liz Claiborne) Midmac Mothercare New Look New Yorker Next OHL Otto Porr Primark (part of Associated British Foods) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Royal BAM s.Oliver Sainsbury's SuperGroup Tchibo Tesco VF Corp Walmart White Stuff
Author: CORE, Anti-Slavery International, Unicef UK, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related stories: 4 short briefings released for businesses & investors on reporting requirements under UK Modern Slavery Act
- Related in-depth areas: Modern Slavery Registry powered by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related companies: AB InBev UK (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) ASOS British Land British Sky Broadcasting Burberry Debenhams Experian John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership Legal & General Marks & Spencer Mothercare Nando's National Grid Nationwide Building Society Nintendo Renault Vodafone Wockhardt
Author: iPoint-systems, on CSRwire
"Companies' Anti-Slavery Performance Improves, iPoint-funded Study Reveals", 7 Mar 2017...
The Ethical Trading Initiative: Negotiated solutions to human rights violations in global supply chains?
Author: Tim Connor, University of Newcastle, Annie Delaney, RMIT University & Sarah Rennie, Melbourne University
Analysis shows only a hanfdul of company statements are meeting the Act’s requirements, majority lack adequate information
Luxembourg: Tribunal finds Luxleaks whistleblower guilty of theft & violation of professional secrecy laws
Author: Simon Bowers, Guardian (UK)
"LuxLeaks whistleblower avoids jail after guilty verdict", 29 Jun 2016...
Author: David Hudson, Gay Star Business (UK)
"Burberry and Inditex join global business coalition pushing for LGBTI rights", 26 Feb 2016...