Headquarters in USA
Cargill has announced the suspension of business with Guatemalan palm oil supplier Reforestadora de Palmas del Petén, S.A (REPSA) effective immediately. The suspension is a result of REPSA’s failure to meet the requirements of Cargill’s sustainable...
- Related stories: Guatemala: NGO calls on Cargill to cut ties with palm oil firm REPSA over alleged threats, killings, environmental harms
- This is a response from the following companies: Cargill
Guatemala: NGO calls on Cargill to cut ties with palm oil firm REPSA over alleged threats, killings, environmental harms
Friends of the Earth calls on Cargill to change its business ties with palm oil firm REPSA in Guatemala, and stop buying palm oil from Guatemala altogether. REPSA has been accused for alleged human rights abuses and environmental damages....
Commentary: Companies' ineffective grievance mechanisms can amplify consequences of human rights abuses
Author: Jeff Conant, Friends of the Earth U.S., Business and Human Rights Journal
"Failures of redress, or when is a grievance mechanism not a grievance mechanism?", 22 Nov 2017...
- Related stories: UN Forum blog series
- Related companies: Cargill Musim Mas Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Wilmar International
Author: Juliette Müller, Gauchebdo (Suisse)
La campagne pour mettre fin à l’impunité des sociétés transnationales (STN), qui regroupe près de 200 organisations de la société civile, appelle à la mobilisation du 23 au 27 octobre à Genève…Le but: peser sur les débats du Groupe de Travail...
- Related stories: 3e session du groupe de travail de l'ONU pour un traité contraignant sur les entreprises et les droits de l'homme (23-27 oct)
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos sur un traité contraignant Groupe de travail intergouvernemental Latest news on ISDS
- Related companies: Cargill Chevron Coca-Cola Valcambi Vattenfall
Author: Daniel Victor, The New York Times (USA)
Soon after President Trump announced that the United States would back out of the Paris climate accord, several large companies based in the United States that had supported the international pact said they were disappointed by the decision and would...
- Related stories: Members of US business org. IECA disagree with its stance against Paris Agreement USA to withdraw from Paris climate agreement
- Related companies: Amazon.com Apple Cargill Facebook General Electric Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) IBM Microsoft Peabody Energy Tesla Motors Twitter Uber Walt Disney